• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shaping Invermere Valley - Update 42 1/11/08

Started by jimmymac, June 11, 2007, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

!Welcome to page 6!

Another fantastic update! Great houses! Also the first two pictures are looking wonderful! :thumbsup:

tooheys

Stu, looking good. Like the work you have done along the freeway, especially with the recreational/sporting areas :thumbsup:.

Not too sure about the orange and yellow residences though, I think they would be better placed south of the Mexican border ;).

The abandoned abbey gives that special touch.

Looking forward to the next update.

Cheers

Dave

PS: 100 posts and 1000 views, congratulations  &dance

jimmymac

patfirefghtr (Pat): Glad you liked the area, I much prefer the new look for the housing which we will see soon. I use a lot of SCBA's baseball fields, and his diamonds looked much nicer than origional ones.

beskhu3epnm I have no idea how to produce a financial report on the terraforming, but it would certainly be interesting, were I not to use the extra simoleans mod  ;D.

bat: Thank you for the welcome.  :) I had to agree with everyone last update, those houses looked good but just a little out of place, the new ones look much better IMO.

tooheys (Dave): Thanks for the congrats first of all, it's been a big jump for me from recently published to here to wherever I will end up when this month is over. As for those houses, they were just the fillers whilst the area grew and now they look totally different thank god.

---------------------------------------------

Update 21 - Housing For Everybody Part 3 (Or I Think I Ran Out Of Good Titles)

Lets zone in some 6x6's for the houses, they start to grow straight away, people love living here.

They need some shops and other assorted commerce to keep them happy.

A little more commerce and suddenly we're full up here, time to move to another area.

Here looks good, a little more commerce first then we zone in, 2 more 6x6's for some more awesome SOMY housing.

More housing, they demand more housing......

A little beautification later and we have a new woodland path and a pound between the houses.

The whole housing area from the last few updates in all it's glory.

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who has followed me from the start thusfar and has commented, and to those that joined whilst I was in special interest, I hope you continue to enjoy the updates when the month is over. I will return tomorrow with the final mini update and a couple more surpises whilst I'm at it, until then have a good day/night.

Stu

tooheys

QuoteUpdate 21 - Housing For Everybody Part 3 (Or I Think I Ran Out Of Good Titles)

LOL, I have enough trouble thinking of bad puns, let alone good titles  :)

Somy does do some great work, and so do you of course. Nice use of the residential and commercial lots, they work well together :thumbsup:.

Looking forward to tomorrows update and a surprise or two.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Great third part of this update! Looks wonderful! :thumbsup:

jimmymac

We come to you today with news of the tree planting project, the Mayor has agreed to ship in trees from the surrounding are in an attempt to rebuild the area faster. Trees are being shipped in from forests in Stark County, the Flatlands and Granderson Valley, the following images will show exactly how much he has spent getting this area rebuilt.

The Mayor's popularity rating is said to be higher than ever today with the news that he plans to ship in more trees from outside of Invermere Valley in the effort to rebuild faster. Some say that it can't be conincidental that he is "flashing the cash" in a re-election year.

This is Dianne Johnson for Bedford 7 News, goodnight.

Now, in other news, this mini-update marks a great change for Invermere Valley, for 1 I am now using the CAM in all areas, and it is having a major effect (for the better) on both Bedford and Stark, so we will more than likely see those in upcoming updates. The other major news is that I am switching from the Italia terrain mod to the Meadowshire terrain mod and, as you can see from the images above, ploppable trees are gone, in favour of god mode trees.

Lastly, thank you to Dedgren, Jeronij and all the staff here for giving me the chance to shine this month in the Special Interest section and thanks to everyone else for reading and commenting. I can't wait to see you all in my new home, which will hopefully be in the Best Sellers section. Until Friday, have a good week.

Stu

tooheys (Dave): I'm glad you liked the update. I have to say I'm going to try and find a way to bring in SOMY's latest BAT, his spaceport looks awesome.

bat: I'm really glad you liked it.

Pat

Stu im soo sorry i missed the last 2 great updates and they where are great... Defintley the new homes look so much better i agree and will see you next update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

They are some nice pic's to finish off the month with Stu. Your really do create some great looking rural and wilderness areas.  :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see how you fit SOMY's new lots into the scheme of things, should be interesting  ()what()

Cheers

Dave

beskhu3epnm

Yeah, Stu, also missed the last update. Been a little sluggish....

I hope you keep this MD up as long as possible. I always wondered what the entire valley would look like developed to the max.

Next question: Now that the CAM is out, what are your plans? Are you going to apply the CAM to your current cities? Or will you continue on without?

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Stu- Hi- I knew I'd missed a "close-out" post yesterday when I was making one last round through July's "Of Special Interest" MDs.  Like everyone else, I really enjoyed your last couple of updates, which were the usual great stuff...

...you're so-o predictable.

I'm sure that your momentum, given the commitment you've demonstrated to date in this MD, won't slack off anytime soon.  I'm predicting we have a new "Classic" here before long, and that will be well-deserved in more ways than just comment and page view count.

Hey, I'm a fan!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jimmymac

patfirefghtr (Pat): I'm glad you liked the new bits, I agree with you, everything looks a lot nicer after the fire, kind of odd that it worked out that way, lol.

tooheys (Dave): I honestly have no idea how i'm going to fit his lots in yet, but thanks to the glory of the CAM i managed to get all those nice mid-rises back due to it making the towers much better, so my mid-rises became mid-rises again, rather that big old towers.

beskhu3epnm As I said in the mini-update the CAM is up and running now in all areas and my god does the city look different. I got my first stage 15 residential in Stark today, it made me so happy. Lol. As for how long I plan on keeping it going for, well the answer is as long as possible. I can't see me ending it anytime soon. There is so much left to do yet.

dedgren (David): I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, I hope that I can keep it going for as long as possible, I might have a take a break for a short while when I move, but other than that I can't see me going anywhere

Update 22 - Living In The Trees

Firstly we see how the top of Bedford Forest now looks after the tree planting has been completed, and also the start of the mountain road.

Following the road along and finally accross the river as it cuts through the middle of Bedford Forest, where the trees are at their most dense.

Following the road a little more we come across Bedford Links, a nice little 9 hole course in the thick of the forest, many business meetings take place here between busy execs. Rumour has it that the deal to re-open the old Bedford mine was struck on the 7th hole.

Now we skirt along the road back toward Bedford, first stopping off at the University, which it currently on the leading edge of the tree planting project.

Moving to the edge of Bedfords suburbs and lots of new houses are going in.

Now we race over to the township of Bryce Falls, around 10 minutes outside of Bedford, close to the Bedford Links country club. Sadly Bryce falls was quite badly damaged in the fire, and as we see some areas are still waiting to be rebuilt.

A few of the houses in Bryce Falls, one of which will soon be owned by myself if I have any say in the matter as I love this area.  :D

The township of Bryce Falls and the surrounding countryside.

And finally, here is the first true mosaic from my MD, it's taken a bit of time to put together, so I hope you like it. You can click the pic for a larger version, but beware, as it is close to 10 meg in size. I present to you; Bedford by night.

jplumbley

Ohhhh its FLOG at it finest!  This is one of the few times I have seen it actually implemented into a CJ.  Very very nice!  And I really like your mosaic, the downtown area is not too "cluttered".  I dont like those downtown areas that have no or very little greenspace because you cant see the city life at the base of the towers, but yours show this very well.  Keep up the good work.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pat

ooooooooh my god stu... thats all i can really say about this update...  &apls :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Wonderful two updates! Great work! The wood is looking fantastic, the rivers and mosaic, too! :thumbsup:

tooheys

Well I'm pleased you got over your mid-rise crisis ::)

I now I've said it before, but you really have a knack for the natural surrounds. :thumbsup: This area looks great and can't wait to have a round on that golf course. Might have to bring a few spare golf balls though.

If anything, I just don't like the SC4 electricity towers. Not just here, but anywhere I see them. Hey, I've never been to the States so maybe that is how they are, I'm just used to our nice plain grey towers that try there best not to stand out although don't really succeed. Anyway, a minor matter that does nothing to detract from what you are achieving here.

Cheers

Dave

jimmymac

jplumbley: Yep, I have to say as soon as I saw the FLOG packs I said to myself that I had to find a way to work them into a region, and Bedford Country Club just seemed to make sense. I'm glad you liked the outcome, thanks to NHP for giving me the ability to do it. I would expect to see some more of dmscopio's towers turning up in Bedford soon too.

patfirefghtr (Pat): Glad you like it, I still keep dropping by your MD and lurking when I get the chance, have to say I like what I see every update  :thumbsup:

bat: Glad you liked the mosaic, it turned out much better than I expect, I might do some more for later updates, but they take a long time to do in the way that I'm putting them together

tooheys (Dave): I wish they had a mod to make the towers grey, they have them like that here in the UK too, but i found as soon as I went away from ploppable trees that I needed power lines again, it makes the area look so different, have to say I much prefer it the new way even though it takes a little longer.

Update 23 - Life On The Farm (Or How I Accidently Blew Up A Entire Quad)

Yep, you read the title correctly, I accidently popped a quadrant when I was playing the game late one night, but the ensuing outcome turned out much better in my opinion. Now you will see the results of my fatal interaction with the wipe clean button.

Firstly we see the new dirt roads running through the area and the criss-cross of farms between them, intersected by the railway line.

A little more zoomed out to show the excellent MBear vineyard.

A little further along we see the only trees that appear on the plains, all of them alongside the river. The plains is mostly flatland with fields. very little else gets a chance to build on it due to the fertile soil, it always get turned into farm land.

Another Mbear farm, this time an olive grove.

Back along the railway line as it cuts through the farmland.

A small pond has formed where the drainage canals emerge out from under the ground, leading to a seasonal waterfall where it drops into the sea. People flock to see the waterfall when it is there, hence the parking area.

An overall of that entire area.

All farmers need goods, so the goober co-op was quick to offer them.

More farms built up around the co-op. including the christmas tree farm.

Finally a region shot showing everything thusfar, including full rendering of the region with meadowshire and the beginnings of all the forests in the area..

Until Friday, have a good week everyone and I hope you enjoyed this update. I will return to normal schedule on Friday as my Fiancee is going home on Wednesday, so I will become a simcity playing shut in again &mmm

bat

Fantastic rural area! Also nice picture of it and of the region! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Awesome farming pics.  I like the rail line through the farms, looks perfect.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

tooheys

Nicely done Stu, another great looking rural area  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

Shadow Assassin

Very nice job, but the shadows are really bugging me - it really detracts from your wonderful city building. Plus, how come the game's being run in software mode rather than hardware mode (the shadows look much better on hardware)?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!