• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 27, 2014, 04:25:54 PM
Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 27, 2014, 04:24:35 PM
L2 6S has a Type C, splitting into RHW-4 and MIS (And I haven't played the game in months...)

You mean a Type D1 Outside?
That's the one. I remembered what it was, but not the name.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

nates02gt

I was able to download and install the new NAM with no issues, however none of the NAM interface shows up in the game.  I have read through the FAQ as well as much of this thread and have not seen a similar issue.  I also tried reinstalling NAM and that did not help.  I am sure it is some stupid simple on my part, I am just not sure what it is.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tarkus

It's possible you may have selected the "Traffic Simulator Only" option, which won't install any of the custom network items.

-Alex

nates02gt

nates02gt

I also installed NAM on my other Mac and am getting the same thing.  I thought it might be an isolated issue on my laptop but apparently it isn't.  On the initial install, a window popped up saying something about a backup.  If I go and reinstall, this window does not come up so I cannot get the specifics on it.  I didn't see anything in the installation documentation about that particular window.  maybe that is part of the issue.  It is completely different from the pop up that says the compiler could not install.  Thanks for the help!

mgb204

I've been working on a texture replacement for the Turbo Roundabouts and I have come across some problems:

The red circles indicate a tile the roundabout occupies but that shows no texture. This error occurs with both LHD + EU Textures and RHD + US Textures. The odd thing is that the preview shows correctly, so the texture is presumably present?

The yellow circle is a small texture problem, only noticed with LHD + EU Textures, again the preview is correct but the plopped piece is not.

Just wondered if anyone has brought these things to your attention already?

memo

Quote from: nates02gt on July 29, 2014, 09:24:16 AM
I also installed NAM on my other Mac and am getting the same thing.  I thought it might be an isolated issue on my laptop but apparently it isn't.  On the initial install, a window popped up saying something about a backup.  If I go and reinstall, this window does not come up so I cannot get the specifics on it.  I didn't see anything in the installation documentation about that particular window.  maybe that is part of the issue.  It is completely different from the pop up that says the compiler could not install.  Thanks for the help!

You should have mentioned you're on a Mac, in the first place. ;) Which version of the game are you running? The App Store version, Steam version or Windows version via Wine? Did you move the installed NAM folders to your plugins folder, as described in the "Read First" document?

Edit:
Quote from: mgb204 on July 29, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

I can confirm there's something wrong with the textures or models. I created a new issue for this.

titanicbuff

I installed nam using UK textures and this was the end result- not sure why either- could it be that its not RHD compatable?
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

compdude787

Quote from: titanicbuff on July 30, 2014, 08:21:48 AM
I installed nam using UK textures and this was the end result- not sure why either- could it be that its not RHD compatable?
<snip>

Maybe try redrawing the RHW to get the textures to change?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

nates02gt

I guess I should have mentioned that. =)  Anyway, I am running the App Store version.  The two folders that are referenced in the Read First doc were both already in the plugins folder.

Quote from: memo on July 29, 2014, 11:21:44 PM

You should have mentioned you're on a Mac, in the first place. ;) Which version of the game are you running? The App Store version, Steam version or Windows version via Wine? Did you move the installed NAM folders to your plugins folder, as described in the "Read First" document?

Edit:

I can confirm there's something wrong with the textures or models. I created a new issue for this.

memo

Quote from: nates02gt on July 30, 2014, 09:30:12 AM
I guess I should have mentioned that. =)  Anyway, I am running the App Store version.  The two folders that are referenced in the Read First doc were both already in the plugins folder.

That's very odd. Do other plugins that you place in your plugins folder show up in the game, though?

By the way, the program, you were wondering about and which you only saw once, was BSC Cleanitol. It finds and removes outdated or conflicting NAM files from your plugins folder, so that's intended functionality.

titanicbuff

Quote from: compdude787 on July 30, 2014, 08:50:11 AM
Quote from: titanicbuff on July 30, 2014, 08:21:48 AM
<snip>

Maybe try redrawing the RHW to get the textures to change?

I have ied that- I actually wonder if maybe the way the US version is witen interfers with the ability to use NAM Euro- Irish works- then again its the reverse of American
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Tarkus

Redrawing wouldn't work, as this is a texture replacement, not a starter override.  It has all the markings of a load order issue.

-Alex

MandelSoft

I think it's an issue with the installer that it actually ONLY installs the country-specific textures but not the base overrides. I've seen this more often. Re-installing and fiddling around with directories might help.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

nates02gt

I don't have any other plugins installed.  I guess I could try installing a different plugin and see if it shows up.  It is quite odd because everything worked exactly like it was supposed to through the entire install.

Quote from: memo on July 30, 2014, 10:00:40 AM
Quote from: nates02gt on July 30, 2014, 09:30:12 AM

That's very odd. Do other plugins that you place in your plugins folder show up in the game, though?

By the way, the program, you were wondering about and which you only saw once, was BSC Cleanitol. It finds and removes outdated or conflicting NAM files from your plugins folder, so that's intended functionality.

titanicbuff

Quote from: Tarkus on July 30, 2014, 12:06:54 PM
Redrawing wouldn't work, as this is a texture replacement, not a starter override.  It has all the markings of a load order issue.

-Alex
Quote from: MandelSoft on July 30, 2014, 02:17:54 PM
I think it's an issue with the installer that it actually ONLY installs the country-specific textures but not the base overrides. I've seen this more often. Re-installing and fiddling around with directories might help.

Whats odd is some parts have the correct texture, while the rest has American- gives me no choise but to use the irish textures
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

z

This was a problem at one point, but it was fixed after the NAM 32 release.  The fix will appear in NAM 33.

Meanwhile, I posted a workaround earlier in this thread for this problem.

nates02gt

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got it figured out.  The plugin folder was the the wrong plugin folder.  The path to the correct folder is
/ Library/Containers/com.aspyr.simcity4.appstore/Data/Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins

I was thought the correct folder was in the following

/ Library/Documents/Sim City 4/Plugins

I am guessing that is for the non App Store version but I am not sure.  Anyway, it is all working.  I figured it out when I was researching how to install other mods and found the correct path in one of the posts.

Nate

Quote from: memo on July 29, 2014, 11:21:44 PM

Edit:

titanicbuff

Quote from: z on July 31, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

This was a problem at one point, but it was fixed after the NAM 32 release.  The fix will appear in NAM 33.

Meanwhile, I posted a workaround earlier in this thread for this problem.

works now thanks- annoying glitch.
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

mp2893

I downloaded the new NAM v32 and tried to install it on my Steam Simcity 4 Deluxe.
As soon as I click the "next" button on important information step, the installer crashes and I go back to the desktop.
I suppose that I should be able to see the setup types, but all I get is a windows crash message saying that "NetworkAddonMod Setup 32.exe has stopped working".

I uninstalled my Simcity and reinstalled it, but the same problem occurs.
I downloaded NAM v31.1 and tried to install it, but the same crash happens.

I have appended the screenshot of the crash.
Any suggestions?