• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Quote from: irwinkevincarpio on September 27, 2013, 07:20:06 AM
Is there a minimum number of posts that someone has to have in order for them to be noticed? Have I done something wrong to insult someone in this wonderful site? I can take no for an answer, but totally ignoring someone who is talking to you is just impolite. Please, just say so if newly registered people aren't allowed to post their problems too.

Second, please just let me know if I'm wasting your time here.
Now that that's out of the way,  /wrrd%&

1) Does the SPUI in its current 31.2 iteration have Left Hand drive textures for the Euro pack? If so, how do I correct a faulty installation when all other RHW and NWM pieces appear correctly except for this one?

2) What do redundant arrows on the Turning Lane pieces mean? I have what appears to be two overlapping and opposite arrows on the AVE-6 Turning lane piece and one arrow on the blank one.

3) Are there currently any elevated RHW4 exits that lead to RHW4 ramps for use with the Spui? All the ramps in all the Highway wheels offer only MIS ramps. Is that expected?

4) Is the texture on my AVE-6/TLA-7 + AVE 4 correct? This is Left Hand Drive with what looks to me like an errant texture in the middle tile.

Lastly, thank you to the NAM team. Hopefully this won't be my last post in this thread because I like being nice to people, especially those who work their butts off to make this game the definitive city builder game out there.

P.S. Please excuse my lack of ability to figure out how to make my uploaded pictures look the way other, more senior members manage to. Currently, they only appear as footnotes at the end of my post.

LHD NAM Member here,
Sorry for the delay, it's easy for some posts to get lost in the torrent of posts made by eager fans. No minimum number of posts needed and you've got legitimate problems, you're not wasting our time.  :thumbsup:

• 1. Not really my department, you'll want MandelSoft for that, he made the Euro textures. I'd say that probably the default LHD override isn't being loaded for some reason. I think I (did) made it horizontal swap and flip on the model when I made them, but that was two or so years ago. Maybe he's overriding them?
  • 2. That's an annoying issue that came up when we were developing NAM28 I think it was. The way the arrows were mapped on those pieces was changed to a more dynamic setup, but I don't think the LHD textures were ever updated to omit the baked-in arrow (Or they were updated, but the texture with the baked-in arrow was used for all of the lanes by mistake). I'll take a look in my dev copy and see what's up.
  • 3. Not from memory. You'll need to use the MIS to RHW-4 transition on the ground.
  • 4. I honestly don't know about that one.

FIX FOR #1:
It appears that MandelSoft has made a specific LHD texture for the swapped and flipped tiles, which isn't needed and will actually break the LHD texture. I've uploaded a modified version of the LHD file that covers the SPUI and omits the flipped textures, it can be obtained from https://db.tt/ONwAUu2R.
Drop it into Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\z_LeftHandDriveSupport and replace the file already there. This should fix the problem.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

irwinkevincarpio

jdenm8, because of you, I feel that Christmas has come earlier!  ;D

Just that one major fix has made my day. Thank you so much.

Just one clarification on #4, did you mean you have it too or that you haven't managed to recreate it?

jdenm8

I didn't test it, but it may be a fix for another older problem. It's not as major as the other issues (Or the one it may have fixed), so can be ignored for the time being.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

z

Quote from: arl85 on September 08, 2013, 02:57:07 AM
also, custom installation has "japanese bullet train station" grayed out and its value depends only on "bullet train mod" checkbox.
BUT by default "bullet train mod" is disabled: nevertheless "japanese bullet train station" is enabled. toggling "bullet train mod" on/off solves the problem

I finally got around to fixing this; the fixed version of the installer will be in NAM 32.

wasteofspace

I'm getting the intersection effect on various 15m road over networks, including but not limited to 0m MIS, 0m RHW 4, & 0m PS MHW. Is there something wrong on my part or has this been documented? 1.1.640 SC4 with custom NAM 31.2 installation. Tried dragged overpasses, as well as Road over MHW puzzle pieces.

edit: please pay no attention to the stupidly close RCI zones to the highway nor the ridiculous number of buses compared to cars

z

This is a known limitation of the game.  Intersections are actually two dimensional, which is why you get this effect.  Fortunately, it doesn't really affect game performance.

wasteofspace

Thank you! I've been searching for ages for threads on the intersection effect, with nothing more than what I already know from the TSCT readmes.

Tomye

Dear creators,

First of all, thank you for making NAM, you have turned the game from a traffic nightmare into a near high-tech powered traffic wonder!  &apls :thumbsup:

I might be asking a stupid question, but are there any ground level MIS avenue pieces? I am experimenting with MHW pieces and trying to make a L2 MHW ramp into a avenue. The setup is as show in the link: http://postimg.org/image/w0k2rrhxd/

I did manage to do the opposite, connecting from L0 MHW to an avenue which goes over the L0 MHW, however, since I also managed to get cramped up in lack of space in my city, the solution in the picture is preferable.

If this is possible, does it mean it is also possible for e.g. L2 RHW-10S?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me, and again, forgive me if I'm merely shortsighted and didn't find the correct piece in the menu yet!  %confuso

Swordmaster

That setup is possible if you add one more tile to it. There needs to be a MIS starter piece between your ramp and the avenue--only one will do, drag the RHW through and the intersection should be stable.

Cheers
Willy

Kuewr665

This is an issue with a lot and not a network piece, but I figured that since this is included in the NAM installer I should post this here.

The orthogonal station has paths that are perpendicular to the tracks.

The diagonal station has paths on one tile that are offset.

z

This actually is not a problem, as access to the station is determined by the transit switches and not the paths.  The important thing is that a tile containing one of your network tiles must be directly adjacent to one of the two tiles that form the diagonal lot.

Kuewr665

Yes, I am aware. It still does cause a visual effect of train automata not passing through the station.

z

Ah, I missed the point of the first picture.  That's obviously a bug; we'll fix it.

Tomye

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 07, 2013, 01:24:28 PM
That setup is possible if you add one more tile to it. There needs to be a MIS starter piece between your ramp and the avenue--only one will do, drag the RHW through and the intersection should be stable.

Cheers
Willy

Okay thanks a lot, I did it! I knew it had to be something as simple as that haha. :P

Kuewr665

Don't know if these will be fixed anytime soon, but bringing these to attention:

This intersection has turn lanes to the wrong direction and none to the correct one.

This intersection has missing paths.

Kuewr665

At the end of an OWR smooth curve, the paths do not appear. It looks like they sink into the road. Nothing is on the tile.

memo

Quote from: Kuewr665 on November 10, 2013, 12:03:49 PM
At the end of an OWR smooth curve, the paths do not appear. It looks like they sink into the road. Nothing is on the tile.

This issue has already been reported before and is fixed on our end, now. For the time being, you can use the draggable OWR smooth 45 curve as a workaround, which works exactly like its Road counterpart.

Chris857

TLDR: I I've had some funky computer issues which may or may not be NAM-related.

So, the other day (last Friday), I got the bug to start playing SC4 again, and was interested in getting the traffic simulation fix in NAM. However, it seemed to cause some issues with my computer, but I cannot be absolutely positive that they're related.

Stats:
32-bit Windows XP, service pack 3
Dell computer, with ~1GB RAM
SC4 Deluxe Edition, legal copy, patched to 1.1.638.0
Never tried an SC4 mod until this time

So, I downloaded NAM 31.2, ran the installer for the traffic simulator, did not get the 1.1.640 patch, played with it that evening, and everything seemed fine (computer-wise, and sims would now sensibly take the freeway), and I shutdown. Next day (less than 12 hours later), some other apps were used (but not SC), and after beginning shutdown, the machine blue-screened, but it was not noticed until late in the day since I was out. That evening, the computer seemed to behave itself until later, when some graphics issues led to an less-than-graceful shutdown, and on restarting, XP thought that C:\ was DIRTY and ran CHKDSK, recovering some things.

On Sunday, I continued to have these issues with overall system usability and CHKDSK running on startup, plus a number of cases where unrelated programs would give me c0000142 failure to initialize errors, and a spat on one user account where Chrome was crashing on startup. Later that evening, two audio issues cropped up: first was that music would play in-region but not in-city (and I could not discern a reason after searching the internet); second I had a new issue with SC4 crashing on the EA logo. At this, I uninstalled NAM and SC4, backed up my regions, reinstalled SC4, still had the crash, patched to 638, and still had the crash. After some internet searching somewhere amongst the uninstall/reinstall, I traced the crash to my computer being convinced it had no audio. So, I restarted the computer, and both audio issues were now resolved (along with SC4 not crashing).

Today, with NAM not installed (but the installer still in my downloads folder) my computer seems to be running fine. Any thoughts?

z

Reinstall the NAM, but decline the 4 GB patch if it is offered.  Also, in your root folder, if you have a boot.ini file with a recent date (i.e., when you first installed the new NAM) and a boot.ini.bak file, replace the boot.ini file with the boot.ini.bak file.