• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatevermind

Quote from: memo on August 31, 2013, 04:11:31 PM
Quote from: APSMS on August 31, 2013, 02:19:41 PM
Also, concerning whatevermind's issues concerning textures, if we open up the DAT file with the modified textures and simply delete them, will the game revert to the default, or would it cause potential conflicts elsewhere that I'm not aware of (e.g. other lots/RULs that rely on these textures to display properly)? Because I, too, find those street islands highly unrealistic. I don't thing I've ever seen them implemented quite like that anywhere, and it'd be nice to know if I can do the fix myself.

Indeed, you can safely delete the textures.

To follow up on this, the texture file for the streets does contain street intersections in this texture style without islands that match the intersections with islands. So you can copy the non-island textures and put together an override mod to get rid of the islands without losing the mod's texture style. I made one without too much trouble in Reader, anyone interested in getting rid of the islands might try doing the same themselves.

arl85

There's a missing texture with SURC

I'm using "retextured standard road textures (american)"

also, custom installation has "japanese bullet train station" grayed out and its value depends only on "bullet train mod" checkbox.
BUT by default "bullet train mod" is disabled: nevertheless "japanese bullet train station" is enabled. toggling "bullet train mod" on/off solves the problem

Kuewr665

I do not have a picture, but the draggable small 90 degree curve only appears in low density textures.

z

Quote from: arl85 on September 08, 2013, 02:57:07 AM

I cannot duplicate this problem, and I am also using the "Retextured Standard Road Textures (American style)".  The SURC textures are custom textures, so they shouldn't be overridden by any other texture styles.  They are all found in the file "NAM_URailRTMT_RoadTexture_Standard.dat", which is loaded into "Plugins\z___NAM\Mass Transit Lots\ESURE".  If the file isn't there, try doing a "Complete Install" and see if that fixes the problem.

If the file is there, then the problem is likely an IID conflict.  If this is the case, removing all your plugins except the NAM and trying this in a new city would make this problem go away.  If this happens, add in half your plugins and see if the problem recurs.  Continue trying this procedure, adding or subtracting portions of your Plugins folder until you find the file that's in conflict, and then please let us know what that file is.

Quotealso, custom installation has "japanese bullet train station" grayed out and its value depends only on "bullet train mod" checkbox.
BUT by default "bullet train mod" is disabled: nevertheless "japanese bullet train station" is enabled. toggling "bullet train mod" on/off solves the problem

The initial state appears to be set incorrectly here; this shouldn't be hard to fix.

irwinkevincarpio

Quote from: irwinkevincarpio on August 31, 2013, 07:46:49 AM
Hi, guys!

To the NAM team, thank you so much for doing all of this stuff for us. We truly are lucky that developers like you continue to give this game a lot of love.

Anyway, prior to installing the 31.2 update, I installed the no-cd patch for 1.1.640. I also cleared up my plugins folder of my transport related mods dated prior to 2013. I have the US version of the game but I converted it to LHD via the UKEnglsh folder renaming and the hex digit alteration in the registry. I also selected the LHD option in the new NAM.

I now that Mandelsoft patched the SPUI some hundred pages back, but will it also work for the Euro textures?

In any case, here are the bugs I found:

The TuLEP pieces for the TLA-7 or the AVE-6 have some redundant arrows, the texture for the ave-6 - Ave -4 intersection seems incomplete, the SPUI is stuck in RHD and is non-functional for both elevated Maxis Highway override and Elevated RHW-4, and the diverging diamond has some blocky transitions.

If it's any help, I noticed the bugs with the TuLEP pieces in my copy of NAM30 and just thought that they'd be fixed in a later patch but it seems only I'm getting this bug.

Thanks again for this awesome mod. It's definitely what completes Simcity 4.

I was just wondering if the bugs I reported have been reproduced in anybody else's system.

arl85

Quote from: z on September 08, 2013, 07:17:57 PM

I cannot duplicate this problem, and I am also using the "Retextured Standard Road Textures (American style)".  The SURC textures are custom textures, so they shouldn't be overridden by any other texture styles.  They are all found in the file "NAM_URailRTMT_RoadTexture_Standard.dat", which is loaded into "Plugins\z___NAM\Mass Transit Lots\ESURE".  If the file isn't there, try doing a "Complete Install" and see if that fixes the problem.

If the file is there, then the problem is likely an IID conflict.  If this is the case, removing all your plugins except the NAM and trying this in a new city would make this problem go away.  If this happens, add in half your plugins and see if the problem recurs.  Continue trying this procedure, adding or subtracting portions of your Plugins folder until you find the file that's in conflict, and then please let us know what that file is.

File is there, but removing everything else except NAM and Z___NAM doesn't solve the problem. the only texture that is missing is the straight road one, other one (T-junctions) are there.

edit: attached filelist of my plugins folder

Kuewr665

I know this sounds extremely trivial, but placing an AVE-4/TLA-5 TULEP piece on an eastern border of a city makes it face the west. (I have traffic driving on the right.)

z

Quote from: arl85 on September 09, 2013, 08:50:33 AM
Quote from: z on September 08, 2013, 07:17:57 PM

File is there, but removing everything else except NAM and Z___NAM doesn't solve the problem. the only texture that is missing is the straight road one, other one (T-junctions) are there.

I realized after I posted that an IID conflict was rather unlikely, as the SURCs load in the z___NAM folder, which is loaded after virtually everything else.  So the results of your test were not surprising in that respect.  I do most of my testing with only the NAM and RTMT installed.  It occurred to me that this texture may be one of the standard RTMT textures, and the reason that this problem has not been discovered earlier is that most people who use this feature also use RTMT.  Sure enough, closer examination revealed that that was indeed the problem.  It's really quite interesting, as well over a hundred people downloaded this feature over the four years before it was officially released with the NAM, and this problem was never reported.  In any case, I've fixed the ESURE texture file to include the missing texture, and I've attached the file below.  The fixed file will also be present in NAM 32.

arl85

Hi z,
thanks a lot for the quick fix (I've not yet tried it, but I'm sure it will solve the problem).

Is there a specific reason why you're using "custom" textures? I mean: the T-junction textures are different from the normal T-junction textures, because they (SURC) are copies of "original" maxis textures (with the yellow zebra-crossing), while I've installed "retextured" version.
Is it possible to use the "retextured" one? I'm not an expert, but is it possible to have SURC pieces using existing textures, regardless of their "flavour" (original, retextured, etc...) - something like a reference to them, instead of a "copy" of original maxis one.

regarding SURC, I discovered that, to let it work, you need to put lots with the arrow facing railroad if you're building N-S and facing subway if you're building E-W.
I found some info about that in ESURE topic but no mentions of it in NAM Manual - it took several trials before getting it right, before reading ESURE topic and find the solution
Also, even if in NAM manual is written "no risk of CTD", indeed it WILL CTD if you touch SURC pieces with underground railways.

Kuewr665

Is there a downloadable patch for an issue mentioned a few months ago?

Quote from: eggman121 on June 04, 2013, 10:20:13 PM
I think I found a missing texture on the Diagonal FAR Entrance...

Its easily fixed though. If you are savvy enough (and know how to use Ilives reader) and have NAM 31.1 still lying around all you need to do is find the "5e13183e" texture and copy it from the RealHighway_FractionalAngleNetworking.dat from NAM 31.1 to the same file found in NAM31.2.

!Please do not try this if you are not comfortable with using Ilives reader or are new to modifying in general!

Just let the experts (The NAM Team) fix it if you think you can't.   

-eggman121

Similarly, the way overhanging works on the diagonal RHW-6S causes this:

Drawpaths shows the piece has a missing lane path, an issue already mentioned in the page of the post quoted.

z

Quote from: arl85 on September 10, 2013, 02:42:21 AM
Is there a specific reason why you're using "custom" textures?

The reason is mostly that I built ESURE after I had been modding only for a few months, and the simplest way to do it seemed to be that the RTMT lots were built.  The RTMT lots had to be built that way, due to the extra road markings that may be added to them.

QuoteI mean: the T-junction textures are different from the normal T-junction textures, because they (SURC) are copies of "original" maxis textures (with the yellow zebra-crossing), while I've installed "retextured" version.
Is it possible to use the "retextured" one? I'm not an expert, but is it possible to have SURC pieces using existing textures, regardless of their "flavour" (original, retextured, etc...) - something like a reference to them, instead of a "copy" of original maxis one.

Since the SURC pieces have no road markings, theoretically it should be possible to do what you want.  In fact, I have now done so for the straight road SURC, and have attached the file below.  (This file is also useful for those who use the European textures, as in my previous attachment I neglected to fix them.)  But as far as the two intersection pieces go, I have not been able to make them work with the lots.  It appears that only certain ID ranges are available for lot ID textures; you can find the straight road texture in the Lot Editor, but you won't find the intersection textures, which are in a whole different ID range.  Even copying the intersection textures out of SimCity_3.dat into the ESURE files doesn't help; they just don't appear in the lot.  So it seems that the custom textures are still needed for these pieces; the IDs of the standard pieces apparently place them in the range of network textures, which aren't available for lots.  (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.)  Even in this case, lot textures could be made for all the possible style variations of these intersections, but I would not have time to do this in the foreseeable future.

The stoplight positioning and orientation was also wrong on the intersection pieces; I have fixed that as well.

Quoteregarding SURC, I discovered that, to let it work, you need to put lots with the arrow facing railroad if you're building N-S and facing subway if you're building E-W.
I found some info about that in ESURE topic but no mentions of it in NAM Manual - it took several trials before getting it right, before reading ESURE topic and find the solution
Also, even if in NAM manual is written "no risk of CTD", indeed it WILL CTD if you touch SURC pieces with underground railways.

You are correct on both these points.  We will get this fixed in the documentation.

Nanami

samerton

Quote from: 976 on September 14, 2013, 07:18:06 AM
anyone know to fix this irish marker bug on RHW exit?
*snip*

I believe this issue was resolved by 976 earlier on in the day, however here is the solution.

adit01

I am new to SC4 and it's mod and still in learning time for using NAM ....but i don't know reason my simcity 4 file got corrupted and i re installed it.And then i  made NAM installation but now I don't have monorail tool in the given option.....can you suggest me some  solution for that?And sorry for bad english

Kuewr665

The issue of smooth road curves and medium/high density zoning, along with many other issues, were fixed by reinstalling NAM. I don't know what went wrong.

Found another issue. The orthogonal rail viaduct over diagonal surface rail piece with only two tracks has the textures of one in the middle of multiple diagonal tracks.

To the left is the result. To the right is what it should look like.

irwinkevincarpio

First of all,  ()what()

Is there a minimum number of posts that someone has to have in order for them to be noticed? Have I done something wrong to insult someone in this wonderful site? I can take no for an answer, but totally ignoring someone who is talking to you is just impolite. Please, just say so if newly registered people aren't allowed to post their problems too.

Second, please just let me know if I'm wasting your time here.
Now that that's out of the way,  /wrrd%&

1) Does the SPUI in its current 31.2 iteration have Left Hand drive textures for the Euro pack? If so, how do I correct a faulty installation when all other RHW and NWM pieces appear correctly except for this one?

2) What do redundant arrows on the Turning Lane pieces mean? I have what appears to be two overlapping and opposite arrows on the AVE-6 Turning lane piece and one arrow on the blank one.

3) Are there currently any elevated RHW4 exits that lead to RHW4 ramps for use with the Spui? All the ramps in all the Highway wheels offer only MIS ramps. Is that expected?

4) Is the texture on my AVE-6/TLA-7 + AVE 4 correct? This is Left Hand Drive with what looks to me like an errant texture in the middle tile.

Lastly, thank you to the NAM team. Hopefully this won't be my last post in this thread because I like being nice to people, especially those who work their butts off to make this game the definitive city builder game out there.

P.S. Please excuse my lack of ability to figure out how to make my uploaded pictures look the way other, more senior members manage to. Currently, they only appear as footnotes at the end of my post.

Indiana Joe

Quote from: irwinkevincarpio on September 27, 2013, 07:20:06 AM
First of all,  ()what()

Is there a minimum number of posts that someone has to have in order for them to be noticed? Have I done something wrong to insult someone in this wonderful site? I can take no for an answer, but totally ignoring someone who is talking to you is just impolite. Please, just say so if newly registered people aren't allowed to post their problems too.

Second, please just let me know if I'm wasting your time here.
Now that that's out of the way,  /wrrd%&

1) Does the SPUI in its current 31.2 iteration have Left Hand drive textures for the Euro pack? If so, how do I correct a faulty installation when all other RHW and NWM pieces appear correctly except for this one?

2) What do redundant arrows on the Turning Lane pieces mean? I have what appears to be two overlapping and opposite arrows on the AVE-6 Turning lane piece and one arrow on the blank one.

3) Are there currently any elevated RHW4 exits that lead to RHW4 ramps for use with the Spui? All the ramps in all the Highway wheels offer only MIS ramps. Is that expected?

4) Is the texture on my AVE-6/TLA-7 + AVE 4 correct? This is Left Hand Drive with what looks to me like an errant texture in the middle tile.

Lastly, thank you to the NAM team. Hopefully this won't be my last post in this thread because I like being nice to people, especially those who work their butts off to make this game the definitive city builder game out there.

P.S. Please excuse my lack of ability to figure out how to make my uploaded pictures look the way other, more senior members manage to. Currently, they only appear as footnotes at the end of my post.

I think you just kept getting lost among all the discussion.  Sorry; remember that patience is a virtue.   ;)

It looks like you have more than one TuLEP texture set installed.  Check the NAM folder for excess texture sets.

irwinkevincarpio

Thanks, Indiana Joe.

I had a feeling I had conflicting textures, but I don't know how to spot them. (Also, would that correspond to arrow textures on a "blank" TuLEP tile?

I really have no other way to tell you the contents of my z___NAM folder except to attach a pdf file with the system generated list of its contents.

Would this also have something to do with the weird texture in my intersection?
Really, thanks for the reply :) Getting one after the long wait is totally worth it.

Twyla

LTNS!  The latest NAM is nothing short of AMAZING!!

Is there any chance that there's either an 8x8 90° FlexFly or 4x4 45° FelxFly in the works?  With five levels to work with, I was really looking forward to building full stack interchanges, but there's still a few pieces missing to do that.

Also - I tried building a variant using a pair of L2 FlexFly @ 90° over their L0 counterparts and they don't seem to play well together.