• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noumena

Hi,

I've looked through this topic but could only find one brief, poorly explained mention of the same problem. I have a city with tram in avenues and a few subways.

When selecting the subway tunnel tool the view changes to below ground. In this view I find that some tunnels are coloured blue, as you would find when switching into the traffic data view.

I hope I made this point succinctly enough. Thanks for your time.

Original

Hope there's some wider, yet smooth curves coming in the next NAM!
;)

packersfan

I am having a problem with EMIS bridge pieces over RHW-4 (and presumably this problem may persist for over RHW-6, etc.)  I am trying to build an interchange but I can't put in the final ramp because I was the EMIS to travel diagonally over 4 stretches of diagonal RHW-4.  I can place one half of the bridge correctly, so the lines are proper, but I can't place the other one...it always either places it backwards with the lines opposite or it places another RHW-4 next to the current.

I can build the two puzzle pieces together if the route hasn't been laid already, but then I can't connect of course.  What can I do?

Frustrated...I see so many great interchanges which must use this piece...why is mine not working?

jondor

Quote from: packersfan on March 14, 2012, 11:18:13 PM
I am having a problem with EMIS bridge pieces over RHW-4 (and presumably this problem may persist for over RHW-6, etc.)  I am trying to build an interchange but I can't put in the final ramp because I was the EMIS to travel diagonally over 4 stretches of diagonal RHW-4.  I can place one half of the bridge correctly, so the lines are proper, but I can't place the other one...it always either places it backwards with the lines opposite or it places another RHW-4 next to the current.

I can build the two puzzle pieces together if the route hasn't been laid already, but then I can't connect of course.  What can I do?

Frustrated...I see so many great interchanges which must use this piece...why is mine not working?

Some of the EMIS over X pieces have bad checktypes and can't be placed over existing stretches of highway.  This is already corrected in the NAM Team's development controller and will be fixed with the release of NAM 31.  In the meantime, the workaround is to build the crossing without the ground network in place and use the RHW-4 (or whatever) filler pieces to connect the diagonal overpass pieces to the draggable network.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

z

Quote from: Noumena on March 08, 2012, 01:23:57 PM
When selecting the subway tunnel tool the view changes to below ground. In this view I find that some tunnels are coloured blue, as you would find when switching into the traffic data view.

If you don't want the subway view to show subway volume, then in the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, uncheck the box near the bottom left entitled "Use new Subway View".  If you don't already have the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, you can download it as part of the NAM Traffic Subsystem.

Noumena

Quote from: z on March 15, 2012, 01:07:31 AM
If you don't want the subway view to show subway volume, then in the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, uncheck the box near the bottom left entitled "Use new Subway View".  If you don't already have the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, you can download it as part of the NAM Traffic Subsystem.

Thank you.

cjsimmy

1 Is there a way to move toggle off the description bubble to be able to see the puzzle pieces better before plopping them?

2 Been getting the "can not p lace on top of reserved tiles" while trying to hook up a regular street to a curved.  However, found some youtube videos and hope I can see how it's done.  Do you have official videos that you have made?

3 Also, wondering if the mall tiles decrease smog or increase property value.

4 Possible glitch:  while building with a NAM puzzle piece, it won't change to bulldoze after clicking on the bulldoze icon.  I have to click on another icon or esc. and then bulldoze.  Does this have to do with NAM?

Thanks

jdenm8

1. No. It's an unchangeable part of Maxis' UI.

2. We do have some official videos, but they're more sneak peeks than demonstrations. Try flattening the ground underneath where you want to plop the piece.

3. They cannot. A Puzzle Piece cannot have those properties.

4. It's a bug in Maxis' UI that we don't have the ability to fix. The Highway puzzle piece buttons that come with the game do the same thing.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

cjsimmy

Thank you for the quick reply in answering my previous question.  I forgot to ask one more. 

The marriage notice pops up very frequently.  As I can tell it's subway to rail?  I only have subways and no rail.  Not sure what to do about this.

Thanks.

jdenm8

It covers Subway to Elevated Rail which includes GLR. It cold also be triggered by a starter piece that has Elevated Rail as part of its false intersection, but I'm not sure.

apeguy

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 15, 2012, 06:19:47 PM
It cold also be triggered by a starter piece that has Elevated Rail as part of its false intersection, but I'm not sure.

I think that is the cause. I have a subway and RHW network in many of my cities with no el-rail or GLR, and I get that notice.

@cjsimmy, if you query certain RHW pieces, you'll notice that instead of saying RHW it says "GLR/Elevated Rail or FLUPs". The game must think that this is a seperate el-rail network, so it prompts you to use a sub-el transition with that news message. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way around it.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

michaeljforde

Hi there
Just wondering if there has been a fix/patch made for an issue in NAM 30... in the LHD version of the game, the Drive Paths for the Diagonal Avenue/Diagonal Highway intersections are missing.  There was a similar issue with the LHD Avenue Roundabouts a while back too.
Thanks,
Michael

jdenm8

Yes there is a fix, but it's not publicly available due to distribution problems caused by the size of the file. It's larger than the systems we usually use to distribute patches allows as I made it to completely replace the LHD file.

michaeljforde

relics8801

Hello NAM-Team and all. :)
I got some report about problems with SC4Path on a latest NAM(v30).

Some SC4Path is not worked right in some puzzle-piece with LEFT HAND VERSION.
Please check them, and plaese make patch-fiel if you possible. ;)

P1

P2

P3

P4

P5

P6

P7

P8

P9

P10

Thanks for reading and your helps  :thumbsup:
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

jdenm8

We have actually fixed some of those, but we haven't been able to distribute the updated LHD Pack due to size constraints.

When I get the chance, I'll look at some of the ones I didn't know about and get to fixing them.

relics8801

@Jdenm8
Thank you for a reply, Ok, We looking forward to update a patch-file for them. :)
Thanks again for your big effort always. ;)
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

Wiimeiser

I just noticed something, only two of those pieces are car paths only, and both are brand new pieces and have LHD-specific behaviour. I also read somewhere the german modders don't accept LHD for some reason...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

It's not that the German part of the team doesn't "accept LHD".  However, their "LHDification" efforts were, until NAM Version 29, handled entirely by one (practically superhuman) person who is no longer involved.

-Alex