• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuewr665

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

dlo§rhuj

I have an issue where one interchange doesn't work. I thought that it might be fixed in the newest NAM (I was using one from 2009!) so I installed it. Despite the extra 400 MB, if DrawPaths is to be believed, the interchange is still broken:

Tarkus

Actually, that's not a NAM issue.  It looks like you're running Version 1.1.610/1.1.613 of the game and haven't patched it.  The EP1 patch (Version 1.1.638) fixes that.  It's also worth noting that the EP1 patch is required to use the NAM.

-Alex

pierrebaptiste

A problem with australian texture.

So i'm french but I use my game in english to obtain the traffic in LHD like in england or australia.

Here this bug is when I use a part of road to build an interchange. One direction is good , but the second direction own a problem :

There is this only with one side and only for this part.

Vizoria

So I have the latest NAM, 31.2, and I have installed the right hand version and yet all traffic drives on the left hand lanes! Also when I have uninstalled NAM and removed all of its files, and then reinstalled it the same happens.

Lastly when I again uninstalled NAM and installed it again except picking the left-hand drive version, the vehicles drove on the left hand side of the road. So for some reason the RHD NAM installs road networks with RHD features but the traffic is LHD.

Is this a bug or are there some SC4 files (which I don't know of) which are causing this?

samerton

@ Vizoria: The game itself specifies which side of the road the cars drive on; changing the feature in the NAM installer will not change the driving side.
It just adds "compatibility" for the NAM and the driving sides. If you're looking to change the driving side itself, you'll need to use this tutorial.

spot

Little bug:

Looks like the line comes from the little pathing cross here:

droric

Regarding this interchange on the interchange guide.  Standard T-Intersection http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14073.0

I can't seem to get a RHW-4 to cross diagonally under a orthogonal elevated L2 RHW-4.  This is done is the 3rd/4th picture in the guide.  Is this not possible anymore with NAM 31.2 or is there another way to accomplish this?  Every time I try I get 'Unsuitable Area to Build Network'. 

If I am able to build it it results in a broken texture issue.  Facing underpassing highway the opposite way works fine when crossing under.

Thanks in advance.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Tarkus

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on August 21, 2013, 04:00:42 PM
A problem with australian texture.

So i'm french but I use my game in english to obtain the traffic in LHD like in england or australia.

Here this bug is when I use a part of road to build an interchange. One direction is good , but the second direction own a problem :

There is this only with one side and only for this part.

That issue was fixed by Maarten back in June. See the attachment here.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on August 18, 2013, 07:30:50 PM

The RHW-6C FLUP has rotated barriers.

Noted.  I think those are applied by T21, and if so, it may simply be a matter of manually editing the rotation line on the LotConfig. 

Quote from: spot on August 23, 2013, 02:42:09 AM
Little bug:

Looks like the line comes from the little pathing cross here:

Looks like a glitchy edge path.  It'll be a bit of a needle-in-the-haystack situation to find it, however, mainly as large wide-radius curve pieces have a lot of individual tiles, many of them similar looking.

Quote from: droric on August 24, 2013, 01:22:42 PM
Regarding this interchange on the interchange guide.  Standard T-Intersection http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14073.0

I can't seem to get a RHW-4 to cross diagonally under a orthogonal elevated L2 RHW-4.  This is done is the 3rd/4th picture in the guide.  Is this not possible anymore with NAM 31.2 or is there another way to accomplish this?  Every time I try I get 'Unsuitable Area to Build Network'. 

If I am able to build it it results in a broken texture issue.  Facing underpassing highway the opposite way works fine when crossing under.

Thanks in advance.

It should be possible with 31.2, but it's also possible there's a glitch in the RULs for that situation.  I'll probably be revisiting the whole of the RHW code at some point, though I'm not sure when that'll be.  As much code as is involved, completely recoding the entire thing will be easier than finding that one instance and fixing it, particular as that error is probably repeated across many different RHW x RHW crosslinks.

-Alex

memo

Quote from: Tarkus on August 24, 2013, 02:26:00 PM
Looks like a glitchy edge path.  It'll be a bit of a needle-in-the-haystack situation to find it, however, mainly as large wide-radius curve pieces have a lot of individual tiles, many of them similar looking.

I had already located it in the RHW-8C file. I think it is the last path in 0x5E180930, but didn't get around to fixing and testing it yet.

Scratch that, probably it's a different one. ::)

Edit: I guess it is 0x5E180920.

j-dub

QuoteRHW-6C FLUP has rotated barriers.
Noted.  I think those are applied by T21, and if so, it may simply be a matter of manually editing the rotation line on the LotConfig. 

Do'h! I knew I forgot something, I also saw that myself, except not so much that piece with the avenues, but the single tile wide based FLUPs piece going under the 6C wide, I just forgot about it.

droric

Quote from: Tarkus on August 24, 2013, 02:26:00 PM

Quote from: droric on August 24, 2013, 01:22:42 PM

Thanks in advance.

It should be possible with 31.2, but it's also possible there's a glitch in the RULs for that situation.  I'll probably be revisiting the whole of the RHW code at some point, though I'm not sure when that'll be.  As much code as is involved, completely recoding the entire thing will be easier than finding that one instance and fixing it, particular as that error is probably repeated across many different RHW x RHW crosslinks.

-Alex

Thanks for the reply at least I know I'm not the only one having this issue.  I will wait patiently :)

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

sepen77

Not sure if this one has been brought up before. I know it's really difficult to make all the these overrides work, so this is probably one of those out there that always glitches around.
~ Sepen77

Tarkus

Quote from: sepen77 on August 25, 2013, 07:14:28 PM
Not sure if this one has been brought up before. I know it's really difficult to make all the these overrides work, so this is probably one of those out there that always glitches around.

Yeah, that one has difficulty on three ends--it's near a curve, over a diagonal, and near a transition.  The only solution is going to be Project 57-Mark 4.

-Alex

sepen77

Quote from: Tarkus on August 25, 2013, 07:33:32 PM
The only solution is going to be Project 57-Mark 4.

Oooh. Sounds fancy. I'm assuming with NAM 32?

Anyways, I would attempt my interchange with OWR, but I can't seem to find any overpasses over diagonal RHW. I didn't see any mention in the readme, so I assume they don't exist either? :/
~ Sepen77

j-dub

I don't really think so now, but only time will tell later.

Tarkus

Quote from: sepen77 on August 25, 2013, 08:04:45 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on August 25, 2013, 07:33:32 PM
The only solution is going to be Project 57-Mark 4.

Oooh. Sounds fancy. I'm assuming with NAM 32?

Anyways, I would attempt my interchange with OWR, but I can't seem to find any overpasses over diagonal RHW. I didn't see any mention in the readme, so I assume they don't exist either? :/

There will be a few improvements on the FLEXTransition side of things for NAM 32, but unless there's some sort of extraordinary development, Mark 4 probably won't happen until NAM 33 at the earliest, as we're essentially talking about tossing and re-writing at least 600,000 lines of RUL2 code.  Given the way the RHW RUL2 code has to be structured, and the fact that there's little random instances all over the place that misbehave like the situation you've experienced, it's actually easier to do start anew than surgically revise the existing code.

There is no coverage for OWR-over-RHW where either network is diagonal.  The plan will be to cover that with the draggable OWR viaducts rather than puzzle pieces, but I'm not sure how much diagonal overpass coverage will be included in the work that'll be done for NAM 32 on that front.

-Alex

sepen77

Alright then. I've managed to derive an alternation for my interchange to work properly with the current NAM.

As for all that coding, it sounds like so much tedious work, which continues to remind me just how much time and effort you guys are putting into this. Thanks for your replies and clarafication. Can't wait for the new features!  :thumbsup:
~ Sepen77

Guzz

Hello guys. I'm trying to make a tram-in-road bridge but it doesn't work very well. I tried to put puzzle pieces and still not working.