• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

It has been uploaded:

Made a new structure to the installer. You can copy all of the 3 different types of mods (to a folder outside the plug-ins folder), while still be able to install (to the plug-ins folder) some mods as well.

BTW: Here some bonus skins that will be installed with the additional freight engine mods:

APSMS

Wow! Thanks for all the hard work.  &apls
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

c.p.

Jack_wilds

:'(

the LEX log-in simply will not function properly for me... it worked fine til late Jan... and still no hope for resolution to this long played out dilemma drama...  :(

and I can't get to have the new train sets, its enough to make me want to cry  ()sad()

&sly

mrbisonm

Wow vester, I'm impressed!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

vester

Thank you all. Now its your time to show some pictures of the trains in your cities.
(links PLEASE to your MD posts)  ;D

Here is a new passenger train:

Chicago & North Western.

As it can seen, this is modded so you can install either single cars or bi-level cars or both.
Have done this with trains were I seen pictures of trains with just bi-level cars.
Going to do more engines then cars. Some of the cars can be used with more than just one engines, like the silver colored cars.

Leaning towards releasing the passenger trains as two packages: One with cars and one with engines.

vester

Here is another train with connection to Chicago. This time going east, not west.
A network reaching New York:

Simcoug

The last release of train skins is amazing!   :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing.

Would you ever consider trying your hand at a historical version of the passenger car? 
For example:

This is an entirely self serving request, so please disregard if you have no interest in these types of skins. Thanks!   ;D

vester

At first the answers would be that I am not going do it, but later on, maybe, but not in as many different colors as the more modern ones.
Am thinking of doing set of Pullmans green colored cars, maybe even mod it so they can be used with the other the other railroads.

One of the engines, where there will be no corresponding cars:

Metra, commuter network around Chicago.
The difference between the Burlington Northern silver cars (as seen in the picture) and RL Metra is not that big.

noahclem

Excellent work on these recent projects  :o

I especially like that Metra train  &apls

vester

TY Noah.

Boston and Maine:

with Canadian Pacific cars.

Going to change the color of the roof.

art128

Wonderful train skins, as usual Arne.  :thumbsup:

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

Quote from: vester
At first the answers would be that I am not going do it, but later on, maybe, but not in as many different colors as the more modern ones.
Am thinking of doing set of Pullmans green colored cars, maybe even mod it so they can be used with the other the other railroads.

I'd be forever grateful if you were to do just one version, in any color.   :thumbsup:
Thanks for considering them!

vester

Probaly end up with some of the old classical railroads like Great Northern (Orange/Green), Pennsylvania RR (red), Pullmann (green), UP (yellow), MP (blue/white).....

Does that kind of roofs has a name ?

kelis

Fantastic work with the last trains  &apls &apls which country will be next?
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vester

An overview of Engines, what is done and planned (can change):

As it looks there will be 38 different color schemes for cars.

Thinking about it now, I might do another Freight/Steam Engine package with some of the engines above:
Boston and Maine
Baltimore and Ohio
Chesapeake and Ohio
Chicago and North Western
2x Rio Grande, DRG&W
Erie Lackawanna
Illinois Central
Maine Central
2 x New Haven
Rock Island
(12 in all)

threestooges

Ran it through its installation cycle. Everything seemed to sort out as it should. Nice work on the set.
-Matt

vester

Thank you Matt.

Not sure about the green color on the engine.

The green Pullman cars is modded, so they can be installed with any other car color schemes, (as the only one).

vester

Simcoug: Got a little tired of Photoshop work, so I started up Max and played around:

The two pictures on the left is the two models and on right with some textures "alphas" what I think it could be when done.