• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eugenelavery

I sometimes think I should build in a Japanese style, but then I see your work and decide to just leave it to the experts.

vortext

Excellent update Jonathan but we've come to expect that!  ;D

Honestly though it's amazing you've mastered widely different styles to such a degree of realism.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Fantastic!!! They look like real photos from Japan!!!

tankmank

Hong Kong is amazing, the use of the different buildings, like the terminal buildings is great, i think this is by far the best waterfront area i have seen in a recreation of HK, i can't wait to see more.

And then the Japanese town, again it is amazing, the detailing really brings it all to life. I really like the rural nature of your recent updates, you have pulled it off well  :thumbsup:

kelis

Hello Guys:

Well, I have some news for all of you, I have to make a little stop in Simcity 4, so I will not able to make more updates for a while, it's summer and I have alot of things to do, starting the next week, our friend Matthijs ( mave94 ) is gonna make a visit here and we will make some little trips around Galicia and Castilla y Leon here in Spain. ( I want to say that is really nice be a member of a site like this for enjoy with the other people of the game which I love, but is also nice because you can make friendships with people from other countries, so thanks SC4DEVOTION ! ). I make a lot of Sport during the year, but in summer I got to do even more and that is another of the reasons, so please be patient with me, I don't want to leave this amazing game or this amazing site, It's pretty nice to be an active member of this great site, anyway I want to create something new during summer, ( I like so much start new projects during summer ) and I was thinking to create a new recreation of a city, the old members know that I love to make recreations and well, I think that is what I will do, and well I was thinking to make a new and better version of one of my best projects in simcity, can you guess what I'm talking about ? Greetings and thanks my friends !!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

vester -
Thank you so much !! I love all your works too  :)

art128 - Hola amigo, those greenhouses are part of the excellent prop pack created by vnaoned. ( http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2979 ). About the nuclear plant, I think you are totally right, It's a nice advice and to be honest, thinking about it I think the correct name would be "Saitama Daiichi nuclear power Plant" I thought that would be good called it by the Fukushima name to try to make a little memorial, but it's true, the nuclear plants are named by the name of each prefecture, so thank you !

APSMS - Hi my friend !! I'm not sure...I'm almost sure I got it from a Japanese site, but I don't know exactly where...anyway if I can find it I will tell you, okay ?

Yes, I took the name of the real town located in the Fukushima prefecture, but Arthur is in the right way about the name of the nuclear plants in Japan, they are name by the prefecture name, so I think is better if I change de name.

c.p. - Thanks a lot my friend !

metarvo - Thank you so much for your kind comment !! It's a pleasure mate  :thumbsup:

feyss - Thank you so much !!

FrankU - Dank  :) The greenhouses are part of a prop pack created by vnaoned. ( http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2979 ). Thanks a lot my friend.

Gugu3 - Thanks my friend !

eugenelavery - Your should to try, it's fun and the result is very good, Japan is an amazing country !

vortext - Thanks alot my friend, I really appreciate all your comments, really thanks !

romualdillo - Muchas gracias compañero, es un placer ver mas Españoles por aqui  :thumbsup:

tankmank - Thanks mate !! The waterfront of HK is one of the most importants things when you are recreation a city like that, for that reason I'm trying to put all the details as I can, thanks for your visit and all your help my friend..

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Schulmanator

Have a great time! I am sure you will have plenty of great stuff for us upon your return!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

benedict

Wonderful as always - and well done, you're back at number one on BTT.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Great work on the last updates  &apls &apls   You're a master of such a variety of styles! I'm really interested in how you're building the HK waterfront and hope to borrow a couple ideas from it ;)

Congrats on topping BTT  :thumbsup:

weixc812

Looks like this summer will be dull for us, Kelis  $%Grinno$%
Just enjoy your trips. Waiting for your come back. :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Dantes

Everything you publish impressed! Whether big city motif or lndlicher room, everything spectacular own in his own way.

All the best

Dantes

kelis

Hello Guys:

Well I don't know why, but for some reason imageshack has deleted all my pictures, and right now all my MD looks completely empty, so I'm here writing this message to say...please, don't worry ! I will upload all the pictures to my new account in Flickr in the next days and then put all of them once again in its corresponding place.

Greetings and Sorry :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

FrankU

Oh man, what a bummer!

Is this also a warning to all the other users of Imageshack?

I think it's even a warning to all of us who have their files in the cloud.
Cloud sounds nice, you can access your stuff everywhere.... Until the moment the cloud owner thinks: and now it's enough. I delete the whole thing. Or I go broke and remove it all. Or I think I am not making enough money, so I will send you a bill and when you don't pay I throw all your stuff overboard. Or the government visits the owner and says: if you don't give us acess too we'll sue you into hell...

I hope I can work with Photobucket, because I need it for this forum. But otherwise I have everything on my own HD's at home.

Nanami

too bad to hear what happened with your pictures... hope everything can get to normal ASAP!

kelis

Hello Guys:

I've uploaded and updated almost all the pictures of this MD !! The pictures from Saitama, Hooidollen and Belport are now available and is now possible to see the entire updates with all the images, now is turn to upload and update all the pictures from Bassen but don't worry I will do it in the next days...

Also, I changed a little bit the first page, I think it looks better now ! and to end this information comment I want to tell you that I took the decision to remove my New York city Recreation and the reason is the next; I would like to have always active regions and as I have lost my New York region I took that decision... otherwise during this summer I want to make an update for Belport and for Hooidollen and of course still working with my new Saitama Prefecture region...

So that is all for today, thanks for all your comments and for your time  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

carlfatal

Heya Jonathan,
I had to read a lot of updates before writing. And what else should I say than: I LOVE the level of detail and how you try to "feel" the regions you create.  &apls
Luckily the picture of the power plant seems to be an older one. I know the BATs and saw them first short after the catastrophe in Fukushima started. So it is a strange feeling to see this plant recreated...

Away from the game itself I have to agree: SC4D is much more than a SC4 fan site. And although I stopped building with this program I am back here with my new stuff - it was nothing I had to think about - I am only lucky to be part of one of the nicest communities in the whole wwww.
I wish you both great summer holidays!  :thumbsup:

kelis

# Update [10]  ~ Saitama Container Terminal (The Port of Japan) #1 - Saitama Prefecture ||

• In the east part of the Saitama Prefecture a big project is taking shape. It is the new Container terminal also called "The Port of Japan", due the massive edification in the shores of the center part of the prefecture, this port is being built from zero in a new location, far away of the other ports or industrial zones of the big city •

• Everything is new in this port and for that reason is necessary build a new transport system which will connect the port with the city. It's planned a new highway which will be connected with the rest of the highways of the prefecture, also a new train line which will connect the port with the rest of the prefecture and also bring the opportunity to connect the small villages in the coast with the rest of the prefecture •

• The port is currently working, it is not completed yet but it is able to start working so the first ships has arrived, and the first containers are now being transported by train and trucks... •

• with the others ports located in the bay of Saitama, the Kawasaki port and the ports dedicated to the production of automobiles, Saitama is now one of the biggest ports of the world and for that reason the new logo of the prefecture is "The Port of Japan"

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

carlfatal -
What a comment my friend !! I just love to see and read comments like this, it is very inspirational for me and it makes me feel really good, because I can see how the people "enjoy" with the things created for me, thanks you so much my friend, I hope to see you back here and I hope you enjoy with the new update, I hope you like it and greetings.

# Jonathan.

##############################################

I AM BACK

It was some time ago since the last update but this summer was crazy for me !! I've started the summer in Spain, with a lot of basketball matches and competitions to do, in august I was working for a month in Bern - Switzerland, and in beginning of September I moved to live in Antwerpen / Belgium (The city of our dear friend Willy) (My friend you should make me a little tour around your beautiful city) $%Grinno$% so as you can imagine it was completely impossible for me play simcity... now I think I will have more free time, especially in weekends and I just want to play a little bit and make more updates of Saitama, so I hope you like the new one and thanks for your comments and views.

.                                                                                                                      

Aaron Graham

Long time no see, I love the port and so much detail to your ports. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Bipin

Lovely work, in an industrial, grimy sort of way!  &apls

mave94

Great work my friend! I live very close to a world port and I must say it's pretty accurate. I only don't know why the left part of the inner harbour is so large. Have fun and good luck in Antwerp! :thumbsup:

art128

That's a quite big reclaimed land seaport, Jonathan!
I'll be quite honest with you, I'm not fan of the shape at all. I find it non functional. But still an excellent work shaping it. :)
Also, what is that tanker going to do in a container terminal? ;D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog