• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problems drawing orthogonal "bridges" with DBE

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2011, 09:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Hi all,

I've been having fun creating bridges similar to this one:

That used the DBE or a combination of a similarly modded slope mod and reduced sea level to work. It was quite difficult to create because I can't seem to draw networks in straight lines using those techniques, so i had to do a lot of clicking around and deleting before I had any success. Recently I tried to create an ERHW 6C bridge using the same technique but I couldn't get it to work (much less well enough for the tutorial I was trying to create). Since neither the DBE nor my own tinkerings with slope mods would work I went back to Daeley's Diagonal, neighbor connecting, intersecting bridge tutrial (found here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11555.20 ) to try out his old files. I then could not get his files to work, though I really thought I'd used them without problem in the past. I checked around my plugins for potentially conflicting files, removed anything that sounded like it could be problematic, retried, and still no success.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this one--particularly, how i could modify my slope mod to be more friendly towards orthogonal zero-slope bridges.

I'd also like to know why I can't get Daeley's files to work--I suspect user error but I don't know the solution.

Thanks in advance!

-Noah

Swordmaster

Same here, although I seem to have this problem only with the RHW network - roads and rails are fine.

noahclem

I guess I never quite made that connection, but the problem seems to be the same for me. Roads and rails behave okay, but ANT/RHW is a real hassle to work with.

I thought of an alternate method to placing my "bridge" using RHW 6C filler pieces and I'll give that a try--though that's still a real pain, even if it works right. It's almost funny that the situation I'm fighting with now could be easily resolved using a simpler but similar approach where ERHW 6C is placed directly on an ~6 deep riverbed, yielding a bridge with ~9m clearance. But the principle of the thing!  ;)

Tarkus

The reason the RHW isn't behaving is because there are no pylon exemplars included for the orthogonal network in the DBE.  There are pylon exemplars only for the diagonal network, due to the fact that the Avenue and MHW DBE Bridges require it.  I'm not sure any pylon exemplars for other pieces of the RHW network were ever released to the public.

-Alex

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on December 07, 2011, 04:57:46 PM
The reason the RHW isn't behaving is because there are no pylon exemplars included for the orthogonal network in the DBE.  There are pylon exemplars only for the diagonal network, due to the fact that the Avenue and MHW DBE Bridges require it.  I'm not sure any pylon exemplars for other pieces of the RHW network were ever released to the public.

-Alex

Might be a good idea to get rid of this line mentioning RHW in the DBE readme(and probably the original post about it as well) then
QuoteForces the Road, One-Way Road, Rail and RealHighway networks to be completely level, allowing them to be dragged across the drained bodies of water.