• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

These are looking great! Letting seems perfect.

Shark7

Gas stations are looking good so far.  Really like the gritty old look you've gone for so far.  That will fit in very well in smaller towns and rural areas.

However, might I suggest that it would be grand if there were some gas stations that grew at higher development and wealth levels.  One thing you will always need if you have cars is filling stations, yet as SC4 cities grow, it seems that getting a gas station to grow at the higher levels is all but impossible.  High wealth residents have to gas up their cars too (or rather have someone do it for them...lol).

On the handicap parking situation:  There are simply never enough.  Of course this often stems from the fact that people who are not handicapped at all will park in the designated handicap spots with complete disregard for those that actually do need to use them.  However, larger box stores also simply don't have enough spots designated in the first place.  And since we are living longer on the whole, the need for more designated handicap parking will only increase.

Bipin

I live in a fairly affluent neighbourhood; upper middle class one could say, yet I still fill up at a station like this (okay, maybe not this bad, but close) down the road.  :D That said, I am planning on some more current and well kept stations, some of which will be very contemporary in design. On the other hand, remember those retaining walls and highway props from a little while ago?

Well, now we've got FLUP tunnel entrances too!

Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

deora

Wow Bipin,your BAT-Thread is always so full of pure awesomeness.I have to admit that i`m a little jealous about everyones incredible BATing skills.I`m getting frustrated very easily so keep on using other peoples awesome work in my urban pixel cities.

Your Gas Stations are superb,they look very realistic and i love those rusty textures you used.Besides that,as a car enthusiast i also have a soft spot for vintage gasstations and vintage garages.

Your FLUP Tunnel Entrance looks also great.Love the liitle detail at the point where a regular textured road flows into the greyish texture of the tunnel entrance.
Also love the grey texture of the concrete Tunnel Street.Will this Tunnel Entrance only serve as a FLUP or will you also do a Version that transforms Road Traffic into Subway Traffic?

Bipin

Thanks deora, your kind words are much appreciated!  :thumbsup: I plan on making this into both a FLUP and subway lot; the latter actual being a bit easier.

sim_link

Sorry to dredge up an old issue, Bipin, but I've been playing with your suburban houses you released this past March and have been having the "wooden plank" driveway problem. I read through your thread on SimPeg, and I went into LotEditor. The "blue box" for the driveway is indeed there, but no prop ID shows up when it is selected, I just get ####... There are a few driveway props in the directory (bipinhouse_Diaspra_driveway# (#=1-5))

Just wondering if you have a solution to the problem?
Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Also, props on the gas station - it looks great! I can picture it perfectly in a small down as the only gas station in town. Can't wait to play around with it. :)

Bipin

I'm home sick today, so I'll keep it quick, but I've read your message and am thinking of a solution. In the meantime, make sure you downloaded the files on Sim Peg I used to patch this. I'll get back to you when I feel better. Thanks for the kind words. :)

noahclem

The FLUP model looks very nice but the lane geometry is way wider than any of the existing traffic networks use.

Hope you feel better soon :)

sim_link

Thanks for the help Bipin! The download (assuming it's dropbox link here) didn't work for me. But no worries, it can wait. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Bipin

Quote from: sim_link on September 18, 2014, 04:49:16 PM
Thanks for the help Bipin! The download (assuming it's dropbox link here) didn't work for me. But no worries, it can wait. Hope you feel better soon! :)
I'll fix that soon. It will be uploaded to Google Drive, which I find to be more reliable.

Quote from: noahclem on September 18, 2014, 11:45:53 AM
The FLUP model looks very nice but the lane geometry is way wider than any of the existing traffic networks use.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks! I plan on moving the white lines closer in towards the center of the road, so they create lanes the same width as the typical in-game asphalt roads are. This will allow for some nice, wide emergency lanes. I was using an old texture from another BAT, adapted for this one, so thanks for the reminder.  ;)

Aaron Graham

Great work on the tunnel entrance. I miss seeing your work, keep it up buddy. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Bipin

Thanks Aaron, I certainly appreciate hearing that!  :) In light of your suggestion Noahclem, the lane width issue has been fixed:

I also added delineators near the tunnel entrance. Safety first, kids!  &idea

Enjoy!

sim_link

That is looking beautiful, Bipin! Incredibly realistic, and the addition of the delineators is great. ;D

deora

Wow,the update on the tunnel entrance looks great.
First i wasn`t familiar with the term "delineators" so i had to google it.Turns out they are in the category with all kinds of cat eyes and reflective pillars.
They look really great and the HD Rendering sure is very useful with such small objects.I guess with the regular rendering,you could barely see them or just pixelated zig zag lines...
Besides that,i hope you will feel fine very soon.
Have a great weekend.

noahclem

Fantastic  &apls  &apls

A couple thoughts on the sign: the base of it seems to be overhanging the underpass and the "do not enter" side could probably be a bit smaller.

MandelSoft

I've actually seen them that big around Houston in real life:

So that is still a valid size...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Wow, I stand corrected. And more than a little bit surprised  ;)

APSMS

I guess they really do make everything bigger in Texas!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Bipin

Thanks for the kind words everyone; I appreciate seeing such a large and enthusiastic response to my work!  ;D In regards to those "Do Not Enter" signs, they are based upon ones I've seen at tunnel projects across the US and Canada, by the likes of the Big Dig, for instance. With entrance and exit lanes so close together it is instrumental that no one ever goes into oncoming traffic. The results would be catastrophic inside a tunnel to say the least, which is why these signs are especially large (often the size of a car). The same goes for what Maarten had posted, where lanes may be reconfigured depending on circumstances that might require eleven of the twelve lanes on a freeway to be open to northbound traffic. I saw this myself around Atlanta, Georgia. In this case, it is probably for hurricane evacuation.

In regards to the gantry, Noahclem, I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. If you are talking about the yellow things hanging beneath the gantry, those are chains:

I believe the last place I had seen this was the Lincoln Tunnel connecting Manhattan to New Jersey. On the other hand, it could of been Boston. Either way, these are added to warn drivers of tall vehicles that they won't be able to fit inside the tunnel. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but at least I tried...   ;)

Overall, I plan on creating several versions, including but probably not limited to 2-lane road, one way road, avenue with GLR and avenue sunken and on-slope entrances. As of now, I am rendering the current model.

noahclem

I actually meant where the thick metal supports on the sides attach to the concrete below them seemed like it shouldn't partially overhang the area below. Very small matter though and maybe they do it that way. Those yellow chains are a cool detail I actually hadn't noticed before. I used a ~2m tall van for a bunch of stuff with my wedding last summer and had to pay pretty close attention to clearance issues parking as it's height was right about on the line between a normal personal car and oversized--but of course my clearance issues there weren't on regular roadways  :D

Cool to hear you're planning more variations  :thumbsup: A OWR version could almost double as a Euro version, model-wise, though the signage would be a bit out of place.