• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huston_N7

Hmm, interesting. I've done it before and for some reason, they don't come up as the patterns I've used -- they'll turn into randomly generated, and sometimes warped looking surface protrusions. It might be because I've been using Arch & Design as the material and not concrete, but yeah, just my experience with bump and displacement maps. Might also be because I don't blur my displacement maps so this definitely helps me realize what I'm doing wrong. Thanks :)
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

noahclem

Walls are looking great  &apls  Are they planned as retaining walls or freestanding? Do I recall correctly you're planning SD renders only?

Bipin

Because it seems to overbearingly be what people want, I will indeed do SD only. I intend the walls to be used as a vertical embankment for ERHW or a simply as retaining walls beside earthen works.

Bipin

Sorry for the double post, but I'd like to get the ball rolling on this project. You'll see what I mean in the latter bits of this post.

Now, this may not seem like much progress. However, you should take into account that no more than ten minutes after I began working on this ramp/ERHW transition, I had a more or less finished product. The advantage to using textured (as opposed to modeled) details is it's sheer speed. So on that note, I would greatly appreciate your feedback in the form of a list denoting the puzzle pieces/MSE walls you want to see the most. I'm looking for a list of RHW pieces you think would be most suitable to have their own retaining wall model created, much like the 4x4 ERHW MIS curve and 1x7 ramp above have.

vester

Nice work, Bipin.

Double posting is allowed, when people brings new stuff to the "table".
Its only when you double post right after each other, where you could have used an EDIT instead its looked down on.

cmdp123789

Hey bipin... I remember that some time ago you uploaded a file containing your guard rails... Could you link it to me again? I want to lot them... And I forgot where they are .. :/

Bipin

Would you be speaking of these guardrails?

If those aren't the ones, I'm not sure what you mean then. I'll keep an eye out though. :o In any case, the file would be under a Rapidshare link. The original link rotted away, but I uploaded it again: http://www.filedropper.com/bipinpropshwyoddsandends

In other news, here's the preliminary version of the ramp, in the game:

Enjoy!

City Planner

Thanks for the upload. Those guardrails look great!! &apls

cmdp123789

YES! THOSE ARE THE ONES!! Thanks a lot buddy... to be honest I miss you lol! I remember last time we were speaking you were working on canals, and you were on this new seawalls adventure.. trying to do something that would look cool in Manhattan... then the dentist appeared... and we never picked it up.. I feel bad about it.. but I will be more active now that I have more free time, PROMISED!

Bipin

As for the guardrails, no problem you two! After the dentist, I had a lot of things going on in my life. A lot of things happening all at once; some bad, some good. It's all been taken care of now, so I'll have time to BAT, especially since it's summer!

vortext

You have many interesting projects so it's exciting to hear you'll have more time to BAT again! Those canals cmdp123789 mentioned were really promising btw, I hope you'll have time for those as well!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cmdp123789

Hey Bipin, for some reason, your stuff doesnt show up. Now, where is exactly your content located. Since I couldnt find it, I opened it in the PIMX and tried the ramp, but when I lot it, I dont know how exactly lot it in order to be able to use it ingame. I mean, the RHW ramp cant overstand the base lot I use, so how exactly did you lot it so that it can fit ingame?

Bipin

All lots should be overhanging. Open them in Lot Editor or a similar program to see for yourself; that may help. They should be under bipinprops_name of prop or lot. By the way, thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I appreciate the gesture!

Bipin

In regards to my newest content, I think you'll all be happy to know that work is progressing quite rapidly. See for yourself:

But wait, there's more!

Enjoy!

Indiana Joe

Quit your day job.  We will pay you to do this, until you retire.   $%Grinno$% &apls

The whole MSE set would be an awesome addition to urban areas.  I hope to see it completed.

Bipin

Quote from: Indiana Joe on June 27, 2014, 06:49:43 PM
Quit your day job.  We will pay you to do this, until you retire.   $%Grinno$% &apls

The whole MSE set would be an awesome addition to urban areas.  I hope to see it completed.

In a roundabout way (heh, pun) this is my day job. I sometimes sell 3D content online, some of which is devised from my SC4 models. How paradoxical...  :D  ()what() Really though, I'm just an art student with a summer to make more art; everything from photography to 3D forms; digital and ceramic!

cmdp123789

But the thing is that there are no lots whatsoever :p and the only props that actually show up as props are only 3 of them. Nothing else... Maybe the files weren't uploaded completely?

Bipin

Looking back, I guess I never did lot them in the first place. These props are quite general and can be used in whatever way you please. You can lot the props yourself based upon your own needs and in which menu you want the lots to appear:

Whether you wish to do it yourself or not, I'll try and put aside some time to make several lots for these props. If I'm doing them now, I might as well ask; what menu do you wish to see them in?

cmdp123789

I guess the best way to find them would be in the misc. transportation menu. I thought it was weird.. You know, both the desc. And the models show up, but for some reason nothing pops up in the lot editor... Is this going to take you long? Like am I killing your schedule with this..? If I am please don't waste your time with this and keep on going with your current projects :)

Bipin

No need to apologize...   $%Grinno$%

As you can see, things are progressing quite quickly. This particular MSE component is nearly complete, having to only be repositioned on its lot.