• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Interchange construction solutions...

Started by Augmentationist, October 12, 2011, 06:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augmentationist

Are there any instructional guides or tutorials that will show me how to build stack interchanges and others kinds of interchanges (I am heavily opposed to cloverleafs)?

I've looked at the show me your interchanges thread and didn't get much from it as I am still very new to NAM and RHW. Anything pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

jondor

All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Augmentationist

Thanks Jondor for that link, but there seems to not be a tutorial for a Stack Interchange which is what I would like to have most of all.

jondor

That's mainly because stack interchanges require more than just 2 levels unless they are either very large or very rollercoasterish.  However, there are a lot of interchanges in that thread from which you can get ideas.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Haljackey

The 4 level diamond stack the holy grail of RHW interchange engineering. It is currently impossible to build without using at least two layers of tunnels (for the bottom two levels), which looks extremely unrealistic.

There are alternatives however. The 'clover-stack' design is 3 levels and has nearly the same efficiency of the stack (the two loop ramps are what are lacking here, so use them for your less busy RHW).

With RHW 5.0, many 2 and 3 level RHW junctions are now relatively easy to build compared to the challenge they presented in the past. They can also look amazing.

Tarkus

We are planning a Multi-Height System for the RHW that will add additional heights of Elevated RHW networks, thus allowing true stacks.  Currently, there's just 15m (which will be called Level 2, or L2 in the new system).  Eventually, you'll also see L1 (7.5m), L3 (22.5m) and L4 (30m).

However, it's a big undertaking.  There's a very tiny bit of it in RHW Version 5.0 (the transitions to interface with the Double-Decker RHW-4), but the rest isn't expected to arrive until RHW Version 6.0.

-Alex

Augmentationist

Quote from: Tarkus on October 14, 2011, 10:36:15 PM
We are planning a Multi-Height System .... isn't expected to arrive until RHW Version 6.0.

-Alex

Just keep doing what you guys do then. I'll be waiting for it.

Houstonkid

Well considering the fact that you are new to the NAM, and you are looking for a stack, are you looking for this?

If you are, its located as a sub-menu in the highway menu call "highway interchanges"

jdenm8

While that is a perfecly viable solution, I think he's looking more for a RHW variant.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley