• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ground Rail to Elevated Rail Transition?

Started by Caller9, October 12, 2011, 08:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caller9

Hello everyone,
It seems that there is a transition piece for every type of rail but for some reason I cannot find one to go from Ground Rail to Elevated.. Since the Aquaduct pieces do not interface with the new wide roads I was looking to use the elevated rail to pass over them. I'm sure I could just be missing it since there is so much to choose from (thanks to all you people that have made this "game" so much better!). Thanks

jondor

Quote from: Caller9 on October 12, 2011, 08:58:36 AM
Hello everyone,
It seems that there is a transition piece for every type of rail but for some reason I cannot find one to go from Ground Rail to Elevated.. Since the Aquaduct pieces do not interface with the new wide roads I was looking to use the elevated rail to pass over them. I'm sure I could just be missing it since there is so much to choose from (thanks to all you people that have made this "game" so much better!). Thanks

If you're referring to ground heavy rail and elevated light rail (both vanilla Maxis networks), there is no such transition and there never will be.  They are two separate and incompatible networks (despite both being rail networks, SC4 doesn't have a lot of real world logic built in sadly).  Any transition between them would have to be a TE lot, could only convert one type of traffic (either passenger or freight, but not both) and in any case falls outside the scope of the NAM.  There are plans to make the heavy rail viaducts draggable eventually, at which point NWM support will be more likely to be added.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

art128

Actually the only way would be to use an eyecandy lot with the two transit at each side (one rail and one light rail) that can be found on a Japanse site, but can't recall which one.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

z

mike3775

Quote from: z on October 12, 2011, 10:57:48 AM
Such a lot exists on the STEX; it's the Ground Rail 2 Elevated Rail Transition, by Tropod.

Wow I never knew that lot had been made.  Thanks for posting that link.

SCWTC4

talking about transition pieces Caribou's lot are the best aorund, eye-pleasing and realistic:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/caribou/slope.htm
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m: