• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GLR CTD with BSC city wall and Simgoober Narrow Canal bridges

Started by Elydion, August 30, 2011, 12:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elydion

Hello to all of you,

I have been playing simcity 4 for a while now and i am currently trying to build an old european city center. i want to incorporate a tram-in-road (TIR) combined with Tram-on-street (TOS) system.
Sad thing is that i've been experiencing a lot of CTD's.
It seems that the TIR/TOS are conflicting with the following pieces:
- Street through Citywall
Conflicting with TOS pieces
- Road over Narrow Canal
Conflicting with TIR/TOS pieces
i include a image with conflicting pieces encircled

Can someone help me? I think the problem is the puzzle pieces/transit enabled lot thingy, as occurs with the GLR stations.
But the GLR stations all have to be activated by dragging networks through them.

I really like the city walls and narrow canals and would like to continue using them AND building my transit systems as i intend them to.
Can someone please help me? I practically gave up this project and am desperate for a solution!
&mmm
Thanks in Advance,

Ely

jdenm8

You're correct, this is exactly the same problem as the GLR pieces for exactly the same reason. It doesn't have to be a station and it doesn't need to have had a network dragged through it to cause a CTD. Any TE'd LOT with the same network as a puzzle piece will cause the game to CTD when said puzzle piece is hovered over it.

You can make it work and you can actually hover the stubs over TE'd LOTs (usually), you just have to be VERY careful.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

That doesn't explain how the bridges crash if the puzzle piece is street based, unless I missed something in the original post...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Elydion

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 31, 2011, 06:41:20 PM
That doesn't explain how the bridges crash if the puzzle piece is street based, unless I missed something in the original post...
Yeah you're right, i don't understand why the game crashes when i hover a Tram on Street over the Road bridge?!
could someone explain that part to me?

playplay

because its a road to street T-junction:

street--------------
                 |
                 |
               road

because of this it's a street and a road puzzlepiece

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Elydion on August 31, 2011, 08:40:47 PM
Yeah you're right, i don't understand why the game crashes when i hover a Tram on Street over the Road bridge?!
could someone explain that part to me?

I can try to :)

The Tram on Street piece uses paths for street/road traffic. The paths are basically the same on roads / streets / highways... So, when you hover a puzzle pice which includes paths for "wheel based" - traffic over any TE'd lot which uses this kind of paths too the game will try to modify (auto connect?!) the paths on the puzzle pice. This isn't possible as the paths stick to a 3D model. So... the game will crash :P (I don't know if I reflected right...)

So... the paths on all wheel-based networks are the same, different are only network speeds and capacitys ;)