• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Olympic Coast Tree Controller

Started by nemanjanv7, August 21, 2011, 12:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemanjanv7

Hi I've been having problems with this mod. I installed all the dependencies and boxes still appear. They usually appear when I use BRUSH tool in godmode near the river and lower hillsides. Can anyone help me with this? Have you had the same problem?

CPT No7a Olympic Coast Tree Controller

Thank you in forward ;)
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

Gringamuyloca

Brown boxes usually do mean you are missing a dependency. Is it possible you downloaded all of them, but forgot to place/install it in your plugin folder?
:-[ This has happened to me one more than one occasion. &ops  $%Grinno$%
Tamara

nemanjanv7

Yes, I installed all of them  &mmm and checked twice  :'(

If you check the comments you will see that another user (Xreal) has the same problem. Maybe there is some kind of fix that I can't find.  :(

Thanks for your reply

Nemanya

Gringamuyloca

mmm. I do use this plugin.. but haven't had brown boxes  ()what()

Hopefully someone will be along with help soon!
Tamara

nemanjanv7

Hmh I guess I jumped to conclusion before I thoroughly read it. I saw Desert flora mod dependency file and somehow concluded that all files below the description are for desert mod. That I read again and it said FILE not FILES.

Now it works perfect, sorry for the topic. It's solved and I hope someone can and will DELETE it.

P.S. off the topic: Does anyone know how to manually determine which tree goes in BRUSH in GODMODE?

Thanks a lot Gringamuyloca

Nemanya

Lowkee33

QuoteDoes anyone know how to manually determine which tree goes in BRUSH in GODMODE?

Do you mean:  How does one know what tree will a tree controller will place and where will it place it, or how does one make a tree controller?

nemanjanv7

Usually it depends on elevation and closeness to the river.

What I really meant was how to make a tree controller myself. I didn't find in in tutorials forum, but maybe I just didn't look good enough.

Nemanya

Lowkee33

To be exact, it depends upon temperature and moisture.  Temperature, though, has no purpose other than that it gets colder as altitude increases.  It gets complicated.  C.P.'s controllers mostly don't plant on flat land, and this is because flat land is a specific moisture level.  The areas near water get a moisture boost, and trees get planted.

There isn't a tutorial that I know of. I will put it on my to-do list.

Basically, you will need to be confident in Reader.  Open up a flora exemplar, and check that "Water Flora" is set to false (or non-existent), "Flora:Wild" is set to true, and "Special Case Only" is set to False.  Then, there is a property called "Flora Preferences", which is 256 reps.  If you make all of the reps something other than zero, you will place that flora everywhere.  Each rep is a different moisture/altitude level, so you can really get deep into it.     

nemanjanv7

Thank you very much Lowkee33,
I will look into this ASAP and I hope I'll manage to create my own brush using the trees from this tree set. If you ever make tutorial, please let me know (If you remember, of course  ;) )

Nemanya

murray1234

I installed this mod and the trees planted with the old "CPT_No7" file passes a time they disappear! When I open the city is ok, there goes the time when they begin to disappear, why?