• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simtropolis Plugin Searches (old to new link)

Started by catty, August 17, 2011, 09:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Hopefully this will help someone who only has the old Simtropolis STEX link to a plugin, this works in IE and I'm assuming it will as well in Firefox (but still to be tested)

Using BuddyBud UnderBridge Intersection Props as an example, the old STEX link is;

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=13867

this will give you a 500 Internal Server Error message, change the link to;

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/13867-

it should then go to the right location on the STEX which is;

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/13867-buddybud-underbridge-intersection-props/

hope this helps someone in future plugin searches.

:)

EDIT: Not sure this was the right place for it perhaps it would have been better in SC4 Community-Related ... also it works in Firefox
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

joshua43214

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I had about decided to totally boycot Simtropolis because of errors linking to dependencies there. Unless its something really exceptional, its just not worth the hassle of trying to find linked dependencies.

catty

Quote from: joshua43214 on August 19, 2011, 07:46:34 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:thumbsup:

I've also been told that if you just enter the number at the end of the old link

Quotehttp://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=13867

into the STEX search this will also work, and having tried it, I can confirm it does work   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Gringamuyloca

Catty!  &apls
Thanks again for coming to the rescue!  :thumbsup:

I'd give you a kudo point if I could....(Please to the moderators) on my behalf..and many others I am sure! ;D
Tamara

catty

Quote from: Gringamuyloca on August 20, 2011, 11:02:58 PM
Catty!  &apls
Thanks again for coming to the rescue!  :thumbsup:

I'd give you a kudo point if I could....(Please to the moderators) on my behalf..and many others I am sure! ;D

Thanks   :thumbsup:  much appreciate the sentiment ...  its something that came up on another topic re missing dependencies and it seemed worth reminding/telling people about in a separate topic.

:)

jacksunny

sniper296

catty

Quote from: sniper296 on August 24, 2011, 02:45:38 PM
Quote from: jacksunny on August 22, 2011, 06:25:41 AM
You can also use this tool
My page uses the same method as catty's method.

And very nice it looks to   &apls

a lot less chance of errors doing it that way rather than manually editing the link  :thumbsup:

thank you   :)

sniper296

Quote from: catty on August 25, 2011, 04:06:37 AM
And very nice it looks to   &apls
Thanks
Quote from: catty on August 25, 2011, 04:06:37 AM
a lot less chance of errors doing it that way rather than manually editing the link  :thumbsup:
thank you   :)
Unless someone uses a format that my regex can't understand, but that has yet to happen.

whatevermind

This came up elsewhere in the forums recently, so I thought it would help to post here as well, that this problem has been solved by ST.  The old .../details.cfm?id=... links will now automatically forward you to the correct new location.

You can of course continue using the methods and tool listed above if you prefer.

Very old links that point to .../index.cfm?=... do not work at this time.  However, you can get around this by changing "index.cfm" to "details.cfm" or using the conversion tool listed above.

catty