• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Unusual GLR Automata Behaviour with Certain GLR Stations

Started by jakubl, July 08, 2011, 11:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakubl

I have an interesting issue with a couple GLR stations; specifically, ShmailsGLRStation1, ShmailsGLRStation2, and ShmailsGLRStation3 (This includes the GSMAILS_GLR_stationFix1 that fixes the problem with the automata jumping 15 feet into the air while in the station). 

The UDI works perfectly with the stations as long as the automata does not go through a junction; on a circular route that includes the stations, it will simply keep going in circles.  However, if I add a GLR junction, the automata will travel through all the stations until it crosses the GLR junction.  At that point it will terminate at the beginning of the next station.

I have tried this experiment with other stations, such as SFBT Dentei Tram Stations, and have not encountered this problem.  Thus I suspect the issue is with the stations themselves.  Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this so that I can attempt to fix it?    Shmails stations are very lovely and I would like to use them in my cities.

Thanks for your help!

jakubl

Well, I managed to fix the problem but I haven't narrowed down the actual cause.  Using the Dentei GLR station lot as a template, I replaced its building and prop with the ones in the Shmails lots.  They work now ... though I am still curious as to what the issue was; I'll post it if I locate it.

Andreas

If the automata was "jumping" up into the air, the custom GLR paths were missing (and the default el-rail paths were used). The ID of the proper SC4Path file has to be added as the 16th REP of the transit enabled tile(s).
Andreas

jakubl

The 'jumping' phenomenom was fixed by a previous patch.  No, the problem was that the UDI mode exited when the GLR automata attempted to enter the station after going through an rail intersection.  It would go through the station as long as it had not gone through a rail intersection first.