• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

*SOLVED* Trying to Modify Base Texture - "Save As" Greyed Out.

Started by Exla357, June 16, 2011, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

Hello,

I am having trouble with the lot editor. I am modifying some airport lots to my own personal use. One I add a new base texture, I want to save it as a NEW lot, but the Save As button is greyed out. Any thoughts?

-Alex

FrankU

As far as I know LotEditor greys out the "save as" button with rewards, because otherwise you would end up with two rewards of the same kind. That is not MAXIS' intention. So if you click on "save" there is a file saved in your Plugins menu that replaces the original reward. In your case: airport. There is no danger: the original file is not overwritten and you can have it back by deleting the new made reward lot.

joelyboy911

After a quick scan of some files, I've discovered a workaround! We can fix the save-as issue with Lot Editor very easily! All it takes is to edit the file "LotEditor.ini". (this is found at Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps)

Go to the second part of the file, [Relevant Occupant Groups], and remove the type of lot you want to edit, in this case Airports, which is "0x1508".

This can be done for any/all of the types of lot that are normally not save-as enabled.

Attached is a version of the file that will enable you to save-as airport lots.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Exla357

j-dub

Really Joelyboy, really? Its just like that? I don't know you figured that out, hexadecimal stuff, whatever the case, I know there are a lot more people that need that file, internationally. A youtube video would be a good way to advertise this, but I don't got the time to advert right now. By now, you already knew I just had to download your discovery. Thanks is the least I can say for that. When I have even made new custom lots, and saved them with Maxis buildings, those even have gotten the save as grayed out later. So yeah, this was a real good find. I would raise your karma points if I still knew how to, but I do not anymore. Hopefully the airport team saw this.

joelyboy911

Quote from: j-dub on June 17, 2011, 08:08:47 PM
Really Joelyboy, really?

I think so!!  $%Grinno$%

Certainly I was able to use "Save As" successfully on an airport lot, once I removed the "0x1508". It worked exactly as I expected it to, so I believe it is as easy as that.

I should take some time to investigate the other groups to see which ones it is suitable to remove. In the mean time, I will start a new thread about the matter.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

ivo_su

joelyboy  you're golden!
Thank you for the solution to this problem. I still have minor problems when I try to edit and save a LOT - I get errors. The only way that works is now pushed to "SAVE AS" and adds character to the name of the LOT that I want to change. So finally I get a duplicate, the only difference is the basis textures.

- Ivo