• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I don't understand how to make ploppable lot

Started by TimberHawk, May 13, 2011, 01:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimberHawk

About a week, I couldn't make a ploppable lot.  ()what() I did use SIMPIMX User Guide but  I still don't understand. :(

Can you tell me about how to make ploppable lot?

Here the pic:

Thanks!

Biriali

I think you have to right click the lot, not the building.  :)
Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't used PIM-X for some time  :-[
Nemo sobrius saltaret

TimberHawk

Quote from: Biriali on May 13, 2011, 02:21:43 PM
I think you have to right click the lot, not the building.  :)
Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't used PIM-X for some time  :-[

I still don't got it... Can you show me some pictures? It would helpful!

Biriali

After examining your picture a little more (and dusting the PIM-X off), I think I know what your problem is...
The problem is, that you're right clicking a growable lot.

If you want to create a ploppable lot, you have to go under buildings, like so:

Then you can no problem create a ploppable lot:

Nemo sobrius saltaret

TimberHawk

Thank you so much!!! I got it!!!

I just discovered that I can't make CAM Residential become ploppable lot so can anyone make CAM Residential become ploppable?

FrankU

Sorry TimberHawk,
It is possible to make a ploppable lot that looks like a residential lot. There is only one flaw: nobody will ever live in the lot, so it is useless.
If you want to have a lot with a residential look that you can plop, I advise you to make it as a landmark or a park lot.

How do you make a real ploppable lot?

Open Pim-X.
In the very upper part of the upper left pane you see: models. Click this. Then you will see in the right upper pane a list of all models that are loaded. Select the model you like and drag it onto the kind of lot you want to make with this model. Drag to the upper left pane. There you have an enormously long list with all possible kinds of lots: res, com, seaport, park.... First think of what kind of lot you want to make. Drag the model there and Pim-X will lead you through the process (lot size etc). You have a new lot now.
A lot you make this way is automatically CAM-patible.

Bst thing to do: read the tutorail/manual that goes with Pim-X.

packersfan

I just want to make some eye candy residential lots (no need to be functional, since obviously we can't plop residential), but I want to plop these certain apartment buildings...So how do I take a residential lot and make it either (a) a ploppable landmark lot or (b) a ploppable commercial or industrial lot?

Additionally, I can't get PIMX to work  :(

Seems I have no hope at modding the game myself.

jmyers2043

Quote from: packersfan on September 09, 2011, 12:50:07 PM
I just want to make some eye candy residential lots

The XTool does that with a couple of mouse clicks. I understand that it does not work with Windows 7 service pack 1.

Another thought is to use the Maxis PIM and make the model into a prop. Use the LE to make a park lot. Obviously, it will have civic jobs rather than industrial or commercial. But what the heck!? One always needs some parks in their city as well.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)