• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Lot Editor to SIMPIMX?

Started by TimberHawk, May 09, 2011, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimberHawk

I made a lot in maxis lot editor so I want my lot become growable lot but
I tried to putting Maxis Lot editor file to SIMPIMX, I couldn't put maxis lot editor file to SIMPIMX...

How do you put that file to SIMPIMX?

Sorry for my english

Lowkee33

Hi TimberHawk  :)

Could you explain your process more?  Did you make the .desc (using MaxisPIM)?

When PIMX is opened, you will see the configuration menu.  The top box is SimCity stuff, so if you want that, check that box.  The second box is a less used Plugin folder.  The third box is the plugin folder.  You will then have more boxes depending on how many folders are in your Plugins.  Selecting the third box will not load those folders, you need to select the folders you want.  If you have selected everything correct, then I do not know.

The user guide may help you with PIMX - Link       

PIMX can probably do everything you need.  It works a little different than MaxisLE when making new lots.  On the left is a menu tree, where you will see all of the different types of files.  You will be looking in the "descriptor" section for the building/.desc you want.  When you find it, right click on the area with all of the details, and you will get an option to Create a growable.  Then you decide how big you want the lot, and what stage it is.  A new lot will be made, and you can click on the details again to enter the Lot Editor.

Hope this helps.   

TimberHawk

Quote from: Lowkee33 on May 09, 2011, 05:56:42 PM
Hi TimberHawk  :)

Could you explain your process more?  Did you make the .desc (using MaxisPIM)?

When PIMX is opened, you will see the configuration menu.  The top box is SimCity stuff, so if you want that, check that box.  The second box is a less used Plugin folder.  The third box is the plugin folder.  You will then have more boxes depending on how many folders are in your Plugins.  Selecting the third box will not load those folders, you need to select the folders you want.  If you have selected everything correct, then I do not know.

The user guide may help you with PIMX - Link       

PIMX can probably do everything you need.  It works a little different than MaxisLE when making new lots.  On the left is a menu tree, where you will see all of the different types of files.  You will be looking in the "descriptor" section for the building/.desc you want.  When you find it, right click on the area with all of the details, and you will get an option to Create a growable.  Then you decide how big you want the lot, and what stage it is.  A new lot will be made, and you can click on the details again to enter the Lot Editor.

Hope this helps.   

Thank you for help, I understand...

If i make a lot in lot editor, will lot be grow?

Lowkee33

Not necessarily.  Maxis LE only shows you Lots, which is a little misleading.  All of these lots are connected to Building exemplars.  Lots need these exemplars, and the evidence of them is that the building is a blue box in LE that can not be removed.  The building exemplar is what determines if something is a grow or plop.  For example, if you were to make a lot from the library, this would not grow.

Using PIMX, you could potentially find the Library model, make a Residential/Com/Industry Building, and then a lot.  This would grow.

TimberHawk

Quote from: Lowkee33 on May 10, 2011, 01:51:36 PM
Not necessarily.  Maxis LE only shows you Lots, which is a little misleading.  All of these lots are connected to Building exemplars.  Lots need these exemplars, and the evidence of them is that the building is a blue box in LE that can not be removed.  The building exemplar is what determines if something is a grow or plop.  For example, if you were to make a lot from the library, this would not grow.

Using PIMX, you could potentially find the Library model, make a Residential/Com/Industry Building, and then a lot.  This would grow.

thanks