• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mave94

It looks very realistic. Stunning work on the river!
I like it very much :thumbsup:

Yan077

After that demonstration, I think I'm now a big fan of "Spain inspirations"...
I have to say I'm a bit tired with Mbear bats, but you have such fantastic abilities they can only be admired in your fantastic mediterranean landscapes  &apls &apls &apls

Yann  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, really amazing beaches! I love your use of flora in general, it's really perfect  &apls &apls

The rails and town look beautiful as well  :thumbsup:

bat

Awesome new update there!
And excellent work on that town and flora!!!!
It is looking really beautiful.
Looking forward to more...

chester

just finished looking through this, its gorgeous. i need to go to Spain. best beaches I've seen in an MD.

Nanami

Dantes

I love every picture of you  :o It's one of the best updates I have ever seen.  ??? The streets look great and you make a great atmosphere.  &apls The scenery is very beautiful. The farms appear to be family owned for generations.  :) I also like the water production plant. Modern technology between old buildings.  :thumbsup:

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

ricardomiranda, Kergelen, MrMAvE94, noahclem, bat, chester, 976; Thanks a lot for your comments !

Cédric : Thanks ! LotEditing is pretty nice :) You are 100% right, I was not able to say what was the problem with thoose bats, and of course it seems to be the saturation of the roof for some of them. Thanks for the avice :)

Arthur : Thanks a lot :) I also doubt this train could cover that distance without catenaries... I'll download the MOD, but I also need the MOD which delete the texture of each side of the railway track. Do you have anyway idea where I can find it ?

Alex : Thanks :) I wish we could have a better wave effect indeed :)

Yann : Thanks mate :) As Cédric said, I'll also try to work on the saturation of thoose BATs to make them a bit more "dated".

Dantes : Thanks :) I'll show some more pictures of the farm later :)

Encerrado

Here are two more pictures of encerrado, with two different water mods. I like the second one but the problem is that we can't see the underwater flora. If you leave a comment, please tell me wich one you prefer !

Stay tuned, another update of Encerrado is comming soon ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

art128

I personally prefer the first one. the second one cover every details underwater and I see it much more far away on the sea, not near the coast. As for the mod, I am myself searching for it, but I can't find it at the moment. Let me know if you find it, I'll do the same.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Hmmm.
I like the first one because you can see the underwater details.  But the problem is that it is too transparent.
As for the second it is very nice in it's own way, but it is not transparent enough. 
I have been searching for a really good water modd.  I am wishing for something like the first one but a little darker and harder to see through.  I wish I could make one. &mmm
Great work and it's always a pleasure to stop by your MD!! :thumbsup:

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

carlfatal

Hi Benoit,
wonderful pictures again! I love how You build the streets, the rails (without catenaries  ;)) and the whole landscaping. This little town fits perfectly in the bay area and how You made the underwater details is so awesome...  :o
Cause of this i would prefer the first water mod, looks like some tropical one from WMP. Maybe a better fitting in this setting and also transparent one is Clipper from Pegasus.
But away from this i´m completely stunned,
greetz, Carl

Sciurus

Great work Benoit, as always you amaze me with your talent and your cities! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

nbvc

Girafe

looks good Benoît  :)

sweet mediterranean village,

small fishing boats are really missing on this game, maybe I will take a look at this point when I will get time
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lior

Well, just wonderful pics. The water in the second pic seems like real, but I also liked the first one, the underwater details gave a nice effect to it.
Could you please post the link to these water mods, they'd be very useful to me.

Framly

Encerrado- What a lovely name and place :thumbsup:

I really like your Shoreline - very detailed - i can feel the mediterreanen Feeling ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

apeguy

Encerrado looks very nice, I like how it's squeezed in between the hills and the sea. :thumbsup:

In terms of the water mod, I think the first one is better because it's more transparent, But the appearance of the second one is very realistic. It would be good if there was a mod that combines both mods, the appearance of the second with the transparency of the first. TBH I could do with a water mod like that for my tropical region. &mmm

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

chester

Most definitely the first water mod is better. Its a beautiful color. Also the second one is not transparent enough. Seeing all the carefully placed underwater stuff is one of the great things about your pics. It adds a texture and depth to your pics that the other water mod takes away. My vote is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Whatever you decide, your MD will continue to be gorgeous I'm sure.

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

Thanks a lot for your comments ! For most of you, and this is also true for the french forum, you prefer the usual water mod for its clearness. I agree with you, so I'll keep the first one.
Also, I now have the catenary mod which will apear in the next city.

Arthur : I found it. Actually I alread had it but I didn't see it during the installation of the MOD as this is in the RUM from Rivit : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25809-railway-upgrade-mod/

Robin : I guess I'm looking for the same water mod as you !

Carl : Clipper from Pegasus was my first water mod in this MD ! This is a nice Water mod but a bit dark for my MD :) Thanks anyway !

Girafe : Well I hope you'll get some time for those fishing boats !  ;) Thanks for your comment.

Lior : Thanks !
First water mod is the "Coastal Modd" from Rivit : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/22358-coastal-modd/ (Here I use "Cyan" offshore only)
Second one is "Drunken Water Mod" from drunkapple : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26944-drunken-water-mods-the-blues-and-greys-in-hd/ (Here it's "Blue5")

Alex : I agree, a mod that combines these two could be nice ! :) Thanks for your comment.

Sciurus, nbvc, Framly, chester; Thanks for your comments ! :)

Update 26 - Encerrado

Here are more pictures of Encerrado.
I'm thinking about starting a new region, an already existing one but something new with more consistency.
If I do so, I'll keep the same plugin folder, same MD, and same style.
I'm thinking about Agia Triada from drunkapple but I'm not 100% sure. I'll tell you more soon.
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26234-agia-triada-greece/
Also, I'm working on a new marina set for bigger cities. I like Pegasus set but this is quite the only one avaible for a big city...

Hope you liked it, your time !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Nice work on the update  &apls  Glad to here you may make a big city marina set and the new (potential) region map looks nice  :thumbsup: