• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FJORDS REGION - Update 19.06

Started by Danthe, May 15, 2007, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 2!

Beautiful work! This town is looking fantastic! Also like the picture of the bridge, very realistic! :thumbsup:

Pikatchoum

all those churchs are beautifulls. and those villages are so... hmm... in french i would say "champêtres" . Very realistic work !

nova vesfalo

WOW-ing ! So nice , the natural landscape are so great, peaceful, calm and whatever : i like it, the clifs, the shore, love it !
YOu've made a very nice use of the caslte on that tinny island. And the urban area you've shown are very good, like the way all thoses houses made the urban landscape, the dirty road.... And the churches fit very well in all of that ! Good job ! Keep my tow eyes on Fjords !

Danthe

Replies:
@urban: thanks. Houses created @c.p. and can be founded at LEX (you must click on link up the site ;))
@vester: thanks.
@socomseal45: thanks for your comment.
@thundercrack83: thanks. I'm glad, that it pleases You.
@Glenni: thanks for your comment. Map presents fragment of coast between Randers and Hadsund in... Denmark ::), only it is more "mountainous" ;) Unfortunately, nowhere I have not found map real norwegian fiord. Besides, I like scandinavia as such, for black metal particularly ;D
@kwakelaar: thanks for your comment and positive opinion ()stsfd()
@bat: thanks. I like bridges and I build them a lot always :)
@Pikatchoum: thanks. You're right my friend, there is "champêtres" atmosphere in this village :) In Poland we say: "wiejska" ;D
@nova vesfalo: thanks for your nice words :)

Strechnitz

My congratulations! :thumbsup:

the atmosphere in your pics is so serene and clam. it truly reflects a countryside. very realistic. and a very good use of you plugin folders. not only the settlements but also your use of water, rocks and trees.  :thumbsup:

Also the real pictures of some bats you use is a nice touch. I like that.

I see a great future for your MD. I'll beback to see it's progress. :)

Strech.

Snaper

It's fantastic ... Your country it's beautiful  :thumbsup: I saw that you use the LE, and it's very well made

Bravo  &apls

dedgren

Danthe- Wow!  You've got a beautifully presented northern European landscape going here.  Everything is just so, and your graphics accompanying the pics are a fine addition.  You've also gotten masterful results the couple of "scenery" pics you've included.  I get a sense that you live in an area that looks a lot like what what you're sharing with us, or at least that place is very close by.  It's just a sense that you're depicting something you know very well, and it is a joy to look at.

Good Luck!

David 
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Danthe

I welcome after longest break. In begining overdue replies:

@Strechnitz: thanks. Unfortunatelly, my updates are irregular, I have not enough time too ;)
@Snaper: thanks, my friends.
@dedgren: thanks for your comment and opinion  ()stsfd()

III. AAST & TRAGER

And this time, I present some pictures of my two cites. In Aast lives 4855 inhabitants, in Trager, only 983. Aast is one of oldest city in Fjords region. On The Main Square is placed a relic St. Bartholomew's Church and his old presbytey, library presently. Trager is agricultural village and he not differ particular nothing :D

Strechnitz

Hello Danthe,

Aast is a very nice little town. I like your suburbs. A lot of diagonal roads and buildings to break the rigid grid pattern this game imposes on all of us :) very nicely done.

Strechnitz

bat

Wonderful cities you have there, Danthe! Great "harbor"! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Excellent update, Danthe! So glad to see you've made it back, my friend. Your farms are immaculate, and the city of Aast looks outstanding! I love the main crossroad with the residential areas, and the overview of the whole area looks wonderful! I'll be looking forward to your next one!

Jmouse

Well, I'm a bit behind on this one but glad I found it. Fjords Region is lovely. The overall shot especially caught my eye because it looks like a very realistic aerial view with the towns separated just as they are in RL. That's what I always think I'll do but end up packing the Sims in like sardines. And your country atmosphere is really attractive. Keep up the good work.

Joan

kwakelaar

This is very nice, love the square with the market and church.

Sól

This will be very interesting, as i come from a land of fjords. I will be returning daily!

great job by the way,  :thumbsup:

Manny

Beautiful update! I like your city it is in the middle of nowhere! Bravo   &apls

Owen Luby

Some of those lots are great! I like where this is going!
I want SC4 back!!

Danthe

Replies:
@Strechnitz: thanks, my friend. I like, when net of street is miscellaneous. Then it looks realistically.
@bat: thanks. City is small, so harbour is small too :D
@thundercrack83: thanks for your nice words, my friend. But new update... look lower  &mmm
@Jmouse: thanks Joan for your comment. I like such quiet, country atmosphere among forests. But... sometimes I build high downtown too  :D
@kwakelaar: thanks.
@Sól: thanks. I love fjords and scandinavian atmosphere. There time runs quietly, only if it climate was better, brrrrr ;D
@Manny: thanks.
@Owen Luby: thanks. I change often Lots for requirements of cities, I like realism in game.

And finnaly, sad information. I suspend this MD on some time  :'( . I have joined for polish project Slovinska Republika Demokraticná According to rules of this project, I must change a part of mods for used Fjords. Thanks everyone for yours nice comments and words. Soon, I will show my work in new thread.
So, please moved my MD to "Completed MDs".

Pat

awwww no not fair i was liking Fjords as i was reading over it tonight but hey i cant wait to
see your new MD with the style project you will be playing

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RichGray

Brilliant work Danthe!  I especially like your usage of the diagonal residential lots.  For me, thats what makes it look Scandinavian!
Just Because im incomplete, doesn't mean i'm obsolete.
BAT Thread coming soon, possible MD even!

cityhawk

Wow, I love the region and your little towns! Nice detail, but I hate to see it all go. Nice MD you had here!
God is awesome!