• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Republic of Karasem: 2022 Holiday Traffic Report (22/04/30)

Started by Nanami, March 18, 2011, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Replies (返事):

Kergelenさん, art128さん: Thanks for visiting!

+----------------------+

Just wanted to show latest progress from Atarashima:

Nanami

Well since no reply, on to the update  $%Grinno$%

+-------------------------------------+

Update 6: 圧力| "Atsuryoku" (Hokuto Ward, Arakawa (1) )

Arakawa City (荒川市) is the capital and largest city of Minamizaki Prefectre (南崎県) also as a major city part of Atarashima Metropolitan area which sometimes called "Shinakiara" (新秋荒) by locals. Hokuto ward (北東区) is one of the city ward located in the northeastern of city. it bordering directly to Atarashima by Arakawa River (荒川).

Hokuto Ward office alongside with the Kita-Arakawa rail line.

Kita-Arakawa line crossing the Arakawa River

Ata Expressway Matsubaru Route, a highway serves Atarashima metropolitan area from the Atarashima City to the Matsubaru City (松原市) in Minamizaki Prefecture which is about 32Km in the west.

Ata Expressway alongside the suburban of Arakawa

Some other pictures from Arakawa Suburban area

Arakawa Riverside

Allright thats for this update... thanks for viewing, hope you enjoyed it

vortext

We didn't reply on purpose so you'd get to the update faster. .  $%Grinno$%

Everything looks nice, especially the road alongside the Arakawa river. Great use of mas canals!  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Yet another great update.  :thumbsup:

Still no trains :(  That brings it a bit down in my book.

Maybe change NAM automata plug-ins.
I use a plugin called: NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Radical_Automata24.dat
That gives me a lot more traffic including trains.

art128

Looking great there. I like the river too.

I agree with Vester about the trains. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Quote from: vester on July 13, 2014, 11:30:03 AM
Yet another great update.  :thumbsup:

Still no trains :(  That brings it a bit down in my book.

Maybe change NAM automata plug-ins.
I use a plugin called: NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Radical_Automata24.dat
That gives me a lot more traffic including trains.

well i have it in my plugins folder.. strange though since the rail is actually much used http://puu.sh/ab4nH.jpg

Nanami

Update 7: 飛べないアゲハチョウ | "Tobenai agehachō" (Suzuya (residential area), Shinkyo)

Suzuya (鈴谷区) is one of Shinkyo main ward, it bordering Arakashi in the south, Chiyoda (千代田区) and Kashiwagi (柏木区) in west. Suzuya notable with its shopping district which surrounds Suzuya Station, one of Shinkyo's busiest railway stations. This area is known as one of the fashion centers of Nakahara, particularly for young people, and as a major nightlife area.

Though in this update, I'll cover more about the Southern residential area of Suzuya the station area will coming ASAP....

Suzuya Southern residential area mostly consist as the dense houses and apartements as this area in the middle of Arakashi which is Shinkyo's major commercial centre and Suzuya Station.

Theres several single house surrounding the apartements though

A park in the middle of dense residential areas where children can play

Another picture from Suzuya

The residential area actually next to Suzuya-dori, a major road in Shinkyo.

Thats all for this update... thanks for viewing...  ;)

vester

Another great update.  :thumbsup:

Not sure what to do about the trains and NAM plug-ins.
What you could do is to disconnect a few road between the stations / cities / citycenters, or place a few road blocker to force the sims to use the trains.

art128

Nice update once again. :)

Love the work with the various Danchi.

Can you please resize the third picture?

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Replies ( 返事 ):
@ vesterさん: Thanks! well as I said above, the rail already much used so I dont think the cause of the train vacancy is because nobody using the rail....
@ art128さん: Thanks! ah sorry I'll try not to put picture that big again...

+----------------------------------------------------+

Update 8: やる気花火 | "Yaruki Hanabi" (Watarirōka Ward, Mikawa)

Well this time I'll start to showing Mikawa, the old capital of Nakahara. This update though showing the soutern part of Mikawa, Watariroka Ward (渡り廊下区). Watariroka ward consist mix of old and modern styled building. Northern of Watariroka Station known as a minor commercial centre which consindered as a modern one (though the modern part of city mostly located in east of Mikawa including its downtown in Nakagawa Ward (中川区).

Ward office, located in the middle of Shopping district of Watariroka.

Just in north of station, full of shops, this area also called the Mikawa's secondary shopping district alongside with the one in the Nakagawa Ward, the downtown of Mikawa.

A few meters in the north, can be seen more traditional looking of Southern Mikawa

Another shots of Southern Mikawa

Ika Intersection to the north is Ikawa river which bordering it with Shimogyo ward of Mikawa.

Yet another shot from Mikawa

Nightshot from Shopping district north of Watariroka Station

thats all today...

Nanami

No comments, oh well....  :-[
+---------------------+

Update 9: フライングゲット | "Flying Get" (Night Tour of Southern Mikawa)

warning: this update will cause you scream "My eyes!"

Well let me said first that this update have some over-bright street so sorry if its bother you...
In this update, I'll showed you the street of southern Mikawa which include Watarirōka Ward, Shimogyo Ward and Minami Ward in the night time... should be noted that these area would be presented in later update...

Well Start from Watariroka Ward:

This one is north of Watariroka Station, known as electronic distric of Southern Mikawa (as shown in last update)

Another shots from Watariroka Ward

Ika Intersection in the night...

Now alongside the Ikawa River

Nishi-Ikawa Station of Nishi-Mikawa Railline

Hongawa Castle (本川城)  in night time:

Well parts of Shimogyo Ward (including Ikawa Station and Hongawa Castle will be covered in later update....

thats for today... thanks for viewing.

art128

Quote from: Kisa Atsuko on July 19, 2014, 05:17:52 AM
No comments, oh well....  :-[

That's what happens when you update almost everyday. ;) Try to space them a little more and people will have the time to come and comment, I think.

Nice night update, love the different lights.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Impressive work! I am overwhelmed by the big city. Many people live there, so much is going on there! I'll take the next train undwerde again go back to the province!

Nanami

Replies ( 返事 ):

@art128さん: Thanks! lol I might keep that in mind  $%Grinno$%
@Dantesさん: Thanks! well Mikawa population is about 4 millions thats far lower than real life Tokyo and Nakahara's Shinkyo btw

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Update 10: Come Back Home......

*(Please note that this update contain more than 30 pictures so it would a bit longer to load)

Atarashima, Nakahara - 24th July 2014....

​It was rather a normal day in this 12 millions populated city.

Nishiko Station area, Atarashima, one of major station of the city in Nishiko-Ward, Atarashima. Everyday almost 260,000 people from western part of Atarashima and the surrounding cities uses this city to travel

Surrounding area of station filled with a numerous commercial buildings... the density of this city gives its a busy atmosphere.

Part of Ata Expressway crossing the canal, just a few meters away from the station....

Kita-Arakawa railine branching the Tonankai main line... Rail which serves North and Eastern part of Arakawa, a satellite city of Atarashima.

Alongside the rail can be seen the vibrant of the city to the city outskirt in Arakawa River

Well yeah, this is the Arakawa River, where both cities border located

Western part of Nishiko Ward, Atarashima consist of dense residential area as well as minor commercial buildings

Ata Expressway Matsubaru Route among the sprawl of Western Nishiko Ward, Atarashima

Nishigawa Highway, Main road used as main daily route for those from western atarashima to commute to the town....
Just of the border, some housing where lower wealth people can live within this town,,,

Infamous long overpass of Nishigawa Highway

Reaching Nishi Ward, Atarashima where the western downtown area of Atarashima located...

Atarashima Stadium where the local soccer team play

Part of Nishi Ward Downtown area

This area known as the high tech district of Atarashima just like the one in Mikawa but in larger scale

Well maybe thats all for this update hope you enjoyed em....

isii94

The city looks great! I love how densely it's built up without solely relying on a grid road pattern. This makes the city overall more interesting :thumbsup:
These diagonal road sections and the motorway look great.

Unfortunately the elevated avenue doesn't work for me as I seem to be missing the road textures and couldn't find them anywhere  %confuso
Maybe one could try making a T21 mod for the 7.5m networks to have this skin... It would definitely help making long elevated road/avenue sections look better
MD coming soon...

mgb204

Really enjoying finding this CJ recently and going through the older posts, it's providing plenty inspiration for a Japanese region I'm currently planning. Great to see the diversity of Japanese buildings available, now if only I can find it all myself  :D. Look forward to seeing more of your great cities.

Quote from: isii94 on July 24, 2014, 10:33:15 PM
Unfortunately the elevated avenue doesn't work for me as I seem to be missing the road textures and couldn't find them anywhere  %confuso
Maybe one could try making a T21 mod for the 7.5m networks to have this skin... It would definitely help making long elevated road/avenue sections look better
I don't fully understand how they can not have road textures, but I'd guess you want to re-install the NAM perhaps since they should come with it.

The overpass skin is part of the Japanese NAM Facelift mod, the skin works for both 7.5m and 15m networks, however since 7.5m networks don't have ramps its usually more compact to use 15m versions in urban spaces. The third item (Neko_Overpass_AddOn_Lot.zip) listed on the link above is a Mod by Neko that adds both small and long ramps for the 7.5m networks which provides a neat solution to this problem, it also comes with under-overpass parking lots too.

jmsepe

No matter how many times I look at these images, I am always kept in awe.
Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

Themistokles

Quote from: jmsepe on July 30, 2014, 09:03:39 AM
No matter how many times I look at these images, I am always kept in awe.

I'll second that any time - they're truly stunning and the water-ways make them really come alive!

A question, though: The high tech district, is that zoned as industrial zone and does it provide industrial jobs?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

Replies (返事):
@isii94: Thanks... My style is make it less gridy and try to break sc4 rule as a griddy city so yeah... and for the overpass, its posted by mgb204 above....
@mgb204: Thanks a lot! there's a lot of great japanese sites where you can download great BAT, LOT, MODS etc which suit to every asian (from east to southeast asia)... and thanks for providing the answer  :P
@jmsepe: Thanks! glad to see you here too  :D
@Themistokles: thanks... and no lol I called it high tech district due to its heavy influence of electronical billboard etc :P its zoned as commercial actually....

+----------------------------------------+
Before starting, An interesting fact that "Sakura no Shiori" is Nakahara national anthem :P

http://www.youtube.com/v/lhEK1mxOm-I
​(skip to 1:52 for the music)

Update 12: 桜の栞 | Sakura no Shiori (Mikawa)

Mikawa, also known as 1000 years capital city was the imperial capital of older Nakahara until it moved to Shizuku (now its named Shinkyo).

This city stand in the Mikawa bay (三河湾), in the Naoshima island (直島), western part of Nakahara. it located in the middle of valley between a mountainous region of Naoshima. Standing next to Kinai City (畿内市) of Kinai Prefecture (畿内県) in north, both city creates Nakahara 5th largest metropolitan area just below Ayukawa with population 4.7 millions people inside. Mikawa used to be Nakahara's largest city prior to the Tanaka Shogunate capital movement to Shizuku in 16th century, later on Mikawa surpassed by Nagawa in 17th century, Ayukawa and Fujiyoshi in 1947, Atarashima in 1956 if the latest trend increasing, it would fall bellow Miyazaki City in mid-2015.

Hongawa Castle (本川城), a Nakaharan castle in Shimogyo Ward (下京区), Mikawa. The original castle build in 17th century as the resident of Tanaka Shogunate in Mikawa at that time... the original castle heavily damaged during 1867 siege of Mikawa, though later the castle reconstructed. Its opened to public as a museum since 1962.

Hongawa Castle in 1675

The front gate of castle today, as it can be seen that much of the area has been changed a lot since 17th century..

East of the castle lies a residential area.. this area still consist a lot of older buildings mixed with some modern one..

Nishiyama-dori, in the south of Castle area... this road lies to the Nishiyama ward (西山区) of Mikawa which consist of mountainous area.

Western part of Shimogyo Ward still can be seen a lot of older buildings mixed with some post war modern building in this area. City government enacted the development limit toward the area due to the historical preservation of the wards.

Northern part of Shimogyo Ward, just next door to Kamigyo ward, home of Mikawa Imperial Palace... both ward currently bordered with the Nishi-Mikawa rail line

Another picture from Nishi-Mikawa rail line, though this one fully in Shimogyo ward

Ikawa Station of Nishi-Mikawa rail line. this area can be seen fully developed with many modern buildings because its close to a busy rail line.

Nishi-Mikawa rail line crossing ikawa river, which also borders Shimogyo ward with Watarirouka Ward. Ikawa river itself is a branch river of bigger Ichikawa River (一川), which runs through western part of Mikawa.

Another shot of Ikawa river it can also seen the border within more older looking Shimogyo ward with more modern Watarirouka ward.

Shimogyo ward border with Nakagyo Ward (中京区) with Ichikawa River as the mark border between both ward and Nishi-Mikawa line as the border with Kamigyo Ward. Ichikawa River (一川) itself stand for First River of Mikawa, its the 2nd largest river of the city after Nakagawa (中川) in the middle of Mikawa and sightly larger than the third Kasukawa (粕川) which mark the eastern border of city and prefecture with Kinai Prefecture.

Well enough for today update.... it really longer than what I expect hahaha....

edit: 777th post :D :D :D a jackpot number  ;D