• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nightlight patch installed, but no night lights on BATs?

Started by cammo2003, March 04, 2011, 02:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cammo2003

I have a very strange problem.

I have no nightlights on BATs, yet I've added the nightlights patch. It appears to have applied the patch, as it's reporting 1.1.640 as the file version (aka the version post bat patch). I've tried fiddling with the graphics settings a little, no dice. I did just upgrade my memory, but the problem was occurring before the upgrade, so I don't think that's it.

I did recently reinstall and my plugins were carried over. Is it the case that you lose nightlights on BATs that are installed before you install the patch? I did forget to reinstall the bat patch for a few days.

And before anybody asks, I've waited quite some time for nightlights to show, flicked night on and off a number of times. Not working. Please tell me this isn't permanent.

cammo2003

Never mind, I seem to have fixed the problem. The patched file was sitting loose in Prog Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 for some reason, which I'd evidently unwittingly queried the version number of. Checked the one in the apps subfolder, whaddayaknow, version 1.1.638. Copied the one from the root SC4 folder, bingo.

One to watch out for if you've modified the affinity with imagecfg, which is why I think that's happened.