• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

St Andrews - 10th October 2011 - Small Heath still lives!

Started by Reikhardt, March 01, 2011, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardo69

Oh boy.

Usually there is either high speed or high quality.

Here is both high speed and high quality. WOW!  :o

No wonder I haven't commented the last update - you're way faster than ol'Papa Nardo!  :-[

Great work. Nice layouts, nice shots, combined with some stories. Love your Style!

Take care - and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Fantastic updates!  I go away for a couple days and you punch out several more excellent looking scenes!

Your plopable water streams are particularly inspiring.  I love the rocks you used to detail your shoreline in the last few updates.

io_bg

Lovely nature shots, the detailing is great :thumbsup: &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Wow, you are really fast! Great work on these updates!  &apls  I really the freight transit areas, that little deck overlooking the pond,  the rural stuff in general, and especially that monastery/vineyard thing in the most recent update. Keep up the great work!

kodlovag

Hey, great updates! And you are very fast, we can't comment so often.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

Tomas Neto

Amazing update!!! Great work!!!   :thumbsup:

bat

Your MD is really fantastic!.
All your pictures are beautiful.
And the waterfall is very, very nice.
Looking forward to more of your great work... ;)

Exla357

Man, you're just an update machine! I'm outta here for 2 weeks and look what I miss! Oh and is that house in #10 for sale? I must admit I'm stunned with the amount of patience you must have to plop all that nature stuff by hand, and you actually make it look good, too! &apls

Terring7

I really adore those green landscapes. Keep it up &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

rooker1

Here is an MD with incredible scenic waterfalls and beautiful rural city scapes and these are the resons we'll be spending the month with Reikhardt in OSITM.  Congrats and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Congrats from myself and The SC4D Staff!!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSTIM!  I look forward to seeing what you've got planned for this month!

Reikhardt

Replies:

Bernhard: Many thanks indeed for the kind words, nice to know papa Nardo approves! As with yours and other comments regarding speed of update, I will slow them down now so people can keep up (and also as we are about to hit updates on current work!)

Battlecat: Thank you sir! I owe many thanks to Marsh for telling me where to find the Flat Rocks and thanks to NBVC for creating them!

io_bg: Many thanks! In all honesty I could make nature shots all day and not bother with towns & cities! Maybe they should make SimNature!

Noah: Thanks Noah! Those freight stations of Paeng's are great, I love his work.

kodlovag: Thank you! Duly noted, brakes are being applied to update train!

Tomas Neto: Cheers!

bat: Thanks for taking the time to look at my work and thanks for the compliments!

Alex: Thanks! The locals don't take to kindly to out of towners coming in and driving the house prices up  ;) Plopping MM is kinda hypnotic, once you start it's like painting a picture, the time just flies!

Elias: Cheers! As do I love the red landscapes   ;D

rooker1: Many thanks to you and all the SC4D staff for making St Andrews OSITM! This really is the icing on the welcome cake here at SC4D!

Battlecat: Thanks again!

And now as we leave Cofton Hackett on our way to Small Heath, we pass over the Barnsley - Marshall rail bridge, constructed over a small, boggy section of land; This was a little terrain experiment, so apologies if it's not quite up to usual standards!

Some more swamp shots:

And a strange, isolated house....

And to finish, just for fun, a local newspaper front page:

Many thanks for viewing & commenting!
I hope you enjoy St Andrews during it's spell as OSTIM during April!

Next up: An introduction to Small Heath (all new and exclusive to SC4D)!

kwakelaar

Actually a very interesting experiment, and you have done very well to try to create a swamp. Maybe the green water is a bit misleading in the first picture (I did not see at first that it was water). But in the next images I think it works.

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update!!!   &apls &apls
Congrats on OSITM!!!!   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Congratulations on OSITM for April! You've really done an excellent job with your MD here.

I also really like your experiment for this update. I'm a sucker for both MMPs/nature scenes and rails and you've composed these very well. Nice little house too--does some kind of crazy swamp person live there?

Also, nice "unrelated" newspaper articles  :D

Looking forward to an exciting April around here!

kodlovag

Congratulations on OSITM!
Well deserved.
&apls
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

nedalezz

That was quite the update!

I really enjoyed the rural shots, and the one with the isolated house is a beauty!

How did you get the grass to appear like that? Is it photoshopped? Regardless, its beautiful :)

wwecruz

Very nice update. Love the rail line  :)

RickD

I like the bridge. Especially the pictures with the rain/fog effects. Great athmosphere.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Reikhardt

Replies:

kwakelaar: Thanks! I tried a number of different water types including transparent ones. I settled on that one as I was trying to achieve this effect:

Tomas Neto: Thank you & thank you!

Noah: As always, thanks for your many kind words! The newspaper article was created whilst I was at work. Not a productive day in the office  ::)

kodlovag: Many thanks!

nedalezz: Cheers! I only photoshop the images to improve brightness & contrast. Sometimes I add weather effects. The grass I think you are referring too will be part of Chris Adam's Pasture Flora

wwecruz: Thanks! I'm a sucker for trains in MDs  ;)

RickD: Thanks, glad you enjoy my work!

Today's update is really to just make timely replies to all the people who have taken the time to leave feedback, but I'll give you a little teaser of some work in progress: