• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipin

Happy birthday Aaron!

Psst... I really like where you're taking this building. Great progress so far!

romualdillo

Delayed Happy birthday Aaron!! I hope you had a great day!!

The new building looks very interesting! Keep the good work!

Girafe

The 1x2 is a really nice idea, it gives diversity with your previous creations.  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

FrankU- Thank you!!! :D

Jack_wilds- Thank you buddy!!! :D

Dantes- Thank you!!! :D

deora- Lol!!! Thank you, this door is shy. Right now I have not thought about making the building a split version yet. :)

Bipin- Thank you!!! :D

romualdillo- Thank you!!! :D

Girafe- Thank you, I have not thought about making the building a split version yet. :)

NYBT 2639 & 2641 Jerome Avenue

Here's an update to the building, I have the roof texture. Once you have added the roof texture the building starts to look better. I still have more to work on the building, I think it's like eight to ten things to do.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

The roof texture is excellent, as usual.  Also, nice job with the graffiti. :thumbsup:

deora

Another stunning project seems to run to the finish line.As many others,i love the textures you used.
Also the 3 D Model looks great.On well made buildings like yours and of course many others it`s always a shame Simcity isn`t 3D.I mean not many details get lost with the angled view,but some disappear (like that Door for example).
Besides that,i also love the details at the upper facade with the decorative elements and those little rings.
Too bad they seem to disappear in the rendering for the angeled view.
However,it will turn out great.

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you!!! :D

deora- Thank you, it would be cool if Sim City 4 was 3D. There is a game coming out in the future that will be 3D, it's from the makers of "Cities In Motion".

NYBT 2639 & 2641 Jerome Avenue

Here's an update on the building, I have a little more to do to it, but I have also include the variation to the building, I hope you guys like the colors of the variation of this building.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

romualdillo

Wow, for me they are perfect!!!  :thumbsup:

deora

Wow,the variations look great.. &aplsLove the color choices you used on the building/s.
Say,are you also planning on variations for the shopfronts?I mean if several color variations of this building grows next to each other,wouldn`t it look weird if every building has exactly the same shop awnings and grafitti sprayed shutters?
I guess it would be to late to change that,otherwise you could make different family prop shopfronts that change every time one building grows.

But that`are just a few stupid ideas made by me...
.Your buildings look great the way they are and you are doing a great job on these.

Aaron Graham

romualdillo- Wow, thank you!!! :D

deora- Thank you, I will make variations on the shops fronts, the canopies, and the graffiti on the shop garage doors. :)

NYBT Sherman Square Apartments

Here's a small update on the Sherman Square Apartments, I worked on the ground floor a bit, next I may work on the rails for the balconies and maybe some round floor details. :D

cmdp123789

As I already said in Simtropolis.. excellent work! I want everything already! Go on machine mode and release everything buddy haha  &apls

Dantes

"small update" ? ôo This is amazing!

Bipin

Nice work as usual, Aaron. I am loving that graffiti!  &apls

deora

Wow,that`s a good looking Hirise.As usual,i`m checking it out via Google Maps / Streetview and the proportiions are perfect.
Love those little commercial spaces attached to the base  (including a Mc D...dang,no i`m getting hungry!)

I wonder how large you will make it.Looking at all the neighboring buildings and including the fact that this house uses the side of the road block i guess you will place it on a 4 tiles wide lot,am i right?
However,love the way this one turns out. &apls

metarvo

Nice progress, Aaron.  Even at this stage I can see that Sherman Square will have plenty of character.  The Jerome Avenue buildings look good, too.  I like the dilapidation.  :)

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Aaron Graham

cmdp123789- Thank you!!! D

Dantes- Thank you!!! :D

Bipin- Thank you!!! :D

deora- The building will be 4x3 I think, and I can't wait to finish the building.

metarvo- Thank you, and happy to see you back on my thread!!! D

915 West End Avenue

The is an render of my old building NYBT 915 West End Avenue, I wanted to update it for a long time. I wanted to add a little bit of details to the apartment, I want to make a better model of the parapet caps and make the pipes for the water tower, and also work on the bricks to the back of the building.

Do you like the bricks on version 1 or 2?

The building is on STEX so you can check it out.

2639 & 2641 Jerome Avenue

Here's a small of date to my Bronx apartment, it's al most finished, ust have to work on the two signs and may be a little more details of the building and I can add the variations, and then to another or a new building for STEX. :D

Jack_wilds

concerning 915 West End Avenue...

tend to prefer #1 due to how it looks in corners and around the windows... but option two   ???, is slightly better in the fields of building... its your call though  :-\...

2639 & 2641 Jerome Avenue

the details are making it come alive more...  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

I don't know what to say... I think I like version 1 most, but both are great!!!  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

I like the second version of the 915 West End Avenue better, imho the pale brickwork looks more realistic.

But away form that detail - I love bot new buildings. Time for SC4 again...  $%Grinno$%

metarvo

I'm going to vote for #1, because the darker bricks appear to be more toned down, although I realize this could simply be an optical illusion because the lighter bricks are darker.  #2 seems kind of jarring IMHO due to the increased contrast.

In any case, West End is sure to be a nice building.  The corner windows appear to add even more character.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.