• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Insulo and Kaskaskia | I've a Feeling We're Not in Insulo... (February 6, 2013)

Started by 2b2gbi, February 06, 2011, 02:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 6!

Nice update and also great mosaic.
And congrats for your first OSITM-award! :thumbsup:

Congrats on 100 replies, too...

noahclem

Congrats on your OSITM!  &apls

I've enjoyed your MD for a long time now and I hope to see great things this month!

The last updates have been great and the new city looks very promising  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Wow! A well deserved OSITM, finally i found my way here!  &apls
This is a very nice MD, so much relistic looking pics, and i love the dirtiness like in these pics from Cendawan City. This is awesome!  :o
Keep Your good work on,
greetz, Carl

2b2gbi

Rooker1
I can't begin to describe how much of an honor this is to me, thanks to you and the entire The OSITM Committee for giving me this opportunity.
Yan077
Thank you.
art128
Glad to know you still follow my MD. I was beginning to worry I'd scared you off.  :D Just kidding, thanks for the comment.
Battlecat
Thank you, hope you like today's pictures.
ricardomiranda
Thank You.
bat
Lots of things happening at once.  :D  Thank you!
noahclem
Thanks, focused mostly on rural areas this update, been having fun trying out all the new MMP's that are available. Hope you like what I've put together.
carlfatal
Thanks, I like to mix it up with the dirtier cities occasionally. Right now I'm on a bit of a landscaping kick, but I plan to go back to Jonesboro and Borola during this month, so we'll pick up a bit of griminess there. :D

Hello everyone, sorry I didn't get this out earlier this week, I wanted to polish some things in the rural areas but my game has been difficult, but I think I've got it working right again. Today we revisit Talia, a city in the hilly interior of Insulo. Nestled in a valley along the Rio Vino on the western end of the Terrefuego mountain range on the border of the provinces of Terrefuego and Vinola.

Without further ado, let's get into the pictures. I only have three new pictures today, but this is the first part of this update. The next portion will be posted sometime later this week.

Most of you probably recognize this picture, as this is the one from my teaser on New Years Eve. This image shows the Plaza de la República, the main square in the city. On the left you can see the Talia Cathedral, which is the only building that directly bordered the original square on this place. This square was the site of a horrific massacre of 306 protesters in 1984 by the ruling group at the time, the Insulonian Nationalist Party, a fascist faction that ruled in a totalitarian manner from 1910 until their overthrow in 1985. The new mayor of Talia in 1984, Don Capel, opposed the nationalists, and allowed a rally to be organized in his city demanding reforms. Troops surrounded the square and arrested Don Capel, and when a protester reportedly threw a rock in the direction of a line of soldiers they opened fire. The event turned most of Insulo against the regime and ultimately resulted in its downfall. The fountain is part of the memorial for the victims of the massacre that extends further to the right out of view. We will see that in the next part of this update.

Now, to mix it up, we venture far outside the city to Lago Espejo National Park, a relatively small park surrounding it's namesake lake, which is home to rare alpine marshs. Here we see a cabin that can be leased in the park.

Here we see a house under construction on a high plain in the mountains outside Talia. This area is prime for cattle ranching and many people who wish to escape the bustle of the city to build their dream homes and live a simpler life on a ranch. This homeowner has chosen to camp in his caravan while his house is being built.

Lastly we see a stadium built for Insulo's most controversial pastime, bullfighting. The stadium is busy place most weekends, with many events other than bullfighting being staged in it as well.

Hope you enjoyed this short update,
- Jon -

You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

RickD

I like the rural scenes, especially the one with the cabin construction. It is good that you did not overdo it with the ploppable stuff. ANd the urban scenes are so lively with so many people.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

peter007

Wow nice rural environment.
It's a lot of green and the photoshopping gives the picture a good effect.
It's nice to see you around here regularly.

-Ernst

bat

Talia is looking great!
Looking forward to the second part of this town...

noahclem

Three beautiful and diverse pictures!  &apls &apls  Can't wait for the second half!  :thumbsup:

Framly

What a great MD!

Congrats on OSITM!

Keep it on &apls

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

calibanX

This is a great MD. You've got a little bit of everything here. I like the media reports and the newspaper. Those always add another interesting dimension to an MD. You alter the color of some of your images slightly and I like that. Great work.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Battlecat

ricardomiranda

2b2gbi

Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me, I know it's been a rather long time since I've had an update (it's been eight months now I believe). I am sorry, especially since I never posted anything explaining this long hiatus. There were two reasons for my absence. Firstly, I wanted to focus more on my school work during my last semester of High School during which I had several difficult classes (Somehow all my easy Senior classes ended up in the first semester). Secondly, both my Sim City game and my computer experienced some issues. I was no longer able to open my cities in SC4 without crashing, and I could not locate the source of the issue. Additionally, my computer became increasingly hard to use with each passing day. These issues combined to keep me away from SC4. I now have a new laptop and the school year is long over, and I hope to now have time to resume my journal. Updates will continue to be on a very erratic schedule as my updates always have been, but there should be several a month barring any more circumstances that would impede my playing the game.

So without further ado, welcome to Kaskaskia. If you have followed my CJ in the past you've already been here, but neither of us were aware of it. The city of Jonesboro finds it's home in the eastern portion of the country as you can see in the map below.

Kaskaskia is based off the American Midwest and South, so Jonesboro more than fits here. I decided I wanted to do more in this style and expand on Jonesboro, so I have created a whole new nation. Insulo still exists as well, but it may be a rather long time before it sees the light of day again. This is due to both lack of interest and the fact that since I have had to completely restart my collection of plugins (kept in a much more organized fashion this time) I do not have the vast number of plugins I used in Insulo. At this time I have only restocked my American style plugins.

And now, a few images of areas around Kaskaskia.

A farmer harvests corn in rural Jefferson County as a car passes on the gravel road.

Families enjoy a campsite in Swope Nature Reserve, located in southwestern Lincoln County.

Cows rest while people traverse the roads of rural Alexandria County.

People enjoy the pleasant weather by exploring the galleries and bistros of the South Granger Arts District in Salem.

And now for something a bit different in the second part of this update.

(Please allow image some time to load)

Big news appears on the front page of the KONA website, the number one online news source in Kaskaskia.

Workers rush to complete a fire break, the last line of defense for the town of Ross Grove.

Buses rush past the roadblock to pick up the last evacuees from Ross Grove.

By 11PM, the fire has reached the edge of town, and embers blown in on the wind spark small fires in the eerily dark town center.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, hope you enjoyed it.

- Jon
You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

jmyers2043

Quote from: 2b2gbi on August 21, 2012, 02:41:10 PM
Thank you for taking the time to look at this, hope you enjoyed it.

- Jon

:D  I did enjoy looking at the pictures, very much so. The captions brought them to life too.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

nbvc

Dantes

art128

Superb work on your city and farm lands. Nice job on the fire effect.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Great update and it's nice to see you back again.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Spectacular scenes, especially the farming ones  &apls &apls  Great to see you back  :thumbsup: