• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

I'm quite partial to pic 8 here, I'm a big fan of tram-on-street, so you figure. Pic 2 is a really cool junction there. Moving along  :)

Cheers,
Willy

threestooges

I'm always fascinated by highway spaghetti bowls in the game (and in many cases real life) but I think this is one of the few times I've seen one done with rails (pic 23.2). I like the look, but are they all part of a single line or the intersection of several? Also, the rain was a good touch and of course I don't mind you using the pic from Greenacre. I'll have to keep an eye one the news to see if anything big happens as a result of the storm. I'd wager that, if nothing else, the creeks will certainlybe swollen. We'll see.
-Matt

rambuckel

Brilliant pictures again :) I love number 23.2 ... very interesting structure of rails :) That must have been quite a time consuming project.

And as always a beautiful combination of rural and urban areas  &apls

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

noahclem

All good things must come to an end.... Here's the final edition of Siilijoki's February 2012 OSITM

This update is a combination of something special--revealing a number of new areas that required a lot of work--and something different: the fact that most of what is shown has a ways to go before being "ready" for my normal publishing. Exposing these uncovered parts of Siilijoki make me feel.... well just look at the title  ::)

I've been flattered and honored by all the feedback I've gotten in Siilijoki, especially in this month of OSITM! This one is for those of you that have asked for more "under construction" pictures. This one is also for those of you looking forward to my long-teased areas of North Pohjanmaa and Siilijoki's very center. Hopefully this one is for all of you. The site outage earlier this month showed me how much my play revolves around you all, your attention and your kind words!

First, and most obviously, let's take a gander at my region's very center

A good chunk of all this will be redone at some point and there's a lot more to be added. This month and it's preparation have seen more activity and growth in the central tile than any other since Siilijoki went public. My current work here revolves around fitting mid- to high-rise buildings into the slopes surrounding the RHW10 bridges crossing the Siilijoki.

I'm a NAM fanatic, though my MD tends to understate it by featuring more polished and realistic stuff instead of all-out transport network craziness. Part of my plans for this month involved a new interchange. This is the one serving North Pohjanmaa:

Off to the left is the densely populated center of North Pohjanmaa, including my frequently photographed NPC station which lies only a few tiles across the border. Everything about this image and these areas will be revisited with much more detail and polish later on.
(Creating this one was part of my preparation for the OSITM--a bit ironic it's only being shown now  :P

Before we leave this tile, let's have a look at the ski resort in the off-season:

An unshared area shown in a lame way so it will be more interesting whenever I really publish it  ;D

Still not finalized, but here's part of North Pohjanmaa's shoreline:

In my last "It's Just a Rainy Day" update we visited the rest of the Pohjanmaa municipality which has been largely untouched since my last OSITM a year ago. Here's a pic to clarify the previous "spaghetti bowl" of rail (not sure how much it helps but it should at least add context. Ultimately, it's an attempt at a four-way rail junction separating passenger and freight traffic.

Next, the replacement bridge for the motorway heading into Siilijoki's center.

This will be widened quite soon but it's a big improvement o ever the 2-lanes-each-way bridge it replaced.

Speaking of motorways heading to Siilijoki's center, this area across the river plays a significant roll in the network. Perhaps it's starting to make a bit more sense....

Before I close the book

And finally:

Again, I can't thank you all enough! More stuff is in the works so I won't be too much of a stranger  ;)

Oh, and greetings from Finland  ;)

The first picture was unnecessary and had nothing to do with the game. - Robin

nbvc

The landscape with the lift looks nice and the North Pohjanmaa's shoreline too. :thumbsup:

threestooges

That clarified things nicely Noah. Thanks for the shot of the areas surrounding the rail interchange.

Also, congratulations on what looks like a highly successful (and for my part quite enjoyable to watch) month in OSITM. Looking forward to seeing things continue. The month may be over, but I doubt the interest will wane.
-Matt

rooker1

Great month!
We got 13 awe inspring updates with great pics and one really funny looking guy, with, not too sure if that's an evil smile or what.  $%Grinno$% ;) On top of that you were in The Best Sellers section in January, in February we moved you to OSITM and now I get to congratulate you for making it to The Classics section, exactly where an MD of this caliber belongs!!
Thanks again for a fantastic month.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Wow, those are great pics. I never mind naked stuff  ;D
Really great layouts there.

Cheers,
Willy

art128

Great pictures, Noah! Really enjoyed this " naked view " of Siilijoki !

But.. don't tell me you were wearing a T-shirt in winter.... r-right ?.... right ... ? :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Terring7

Great pictures, especially the pictures with the shoreline walls and the other with the highway intersection and the tunnels are awesome &dance &dance
Can't wait for the new O.S.I.T.M. ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

io_bg

Wow, all these interchanges :o 24.2 left me almost speechless. &apls
And it seems the weather is quite nice in Finland ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dantes

An impressive landscape. &apls  I'm curious how the landscaping continues.
I like your town center is already planned. It is very modern and colorful.  :satisfied:

You look real way, very different. I thought you'd like Finland from Hetailia. :-[

Jmouse

You and Matt have certainly given us an exciting ride this month – in more ways than one! ;) 24.1 is an interesting study in successfully combining transport and urban design with the environment. Your transport systems are certainly worth a much closer look.

The shoreline in 24.6 is a refreshing break from urban saturation, and I find myself trying to guess how 24.8 will turn out. Nice photo of you, too, and the background is stunning.

This has been one of the best OSITMs in memory, thanks to a couple of enthusiastic MDers who have definitely put their best foot forward. Both of you have really defined your own personal regional-development style, and I like what I see.

Excellent work...
-Joan

benedict

Congratulations on a great month, and on being number one for the third week in a row on Ben's Top Ten!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

clemenclm2001

Amazing region.
I haven't seem it.
I have liked a lot.
Greetings from Jana

rambuckel

Amazing pictures again Noah! I can just repeat what I already said ... there's only very few players that handle rural areas as well as high rise urban areas ... you definetely are one of them :) Really enviable!

Great update  &apls

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Battlecat

Brilliant finish to your run in OSITM!  Love the major highway interchange under construction in 24.8.  Also, congratulations on your move to Classics! 

catty

Quote from: Battlecat on March 05, 2012, 09:22:31 AM
...congratulations on your move to Classics!

I'll second that  &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

weixc812

I'm coming, Noah  ;D How can I miss this one....
I must say I'm overcome by your traffic system  &apls
And all the pics are great  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

bat

Great work on the updates in the OSITM...
And congrats on 500+ replies. :thumbsup: &apls
Looking forward to more great updates... ;)