• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help making mayor mode flora

Started by Lowkee33, November 05, 2010, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

I've read Jeronij's tutorial, and I believe I have followed all of the steps necessary, but I don't see this in game:

Can someone see what I am doing wrong?  This file is certainly in my plugin folder along with the model.  I have been trying to compare this with other mayor mode flora that appears in-game, but people seem to do things differently.

Sorry if it wider than your screen (like it is mine), making it smaller would only punish our eyes.

Thanks

Andreas

"Flora: Cluster Type" needs to be set to the ID of the next flora prop in the "click cycle" (if you want to plant multiple props with subsequent clicks). If there's only a single prop for each icon, delete this property along with the other two "Flora: Cluster..." ones. "FloraPreferences" should to be set to all zero, otherwise, the props might appear as God Mode flora as well. Also, you might want to delete the "FloraFamily" property, since this is the one that causes the props to appear on the City Hall lot if you don't use my "City Hall Fix".
Andreas

Lowkee33

No luck.  Before I made changes I did see it plopped in God Mode, so I don't think it is completely broken.

The preferences are set to 256 "0"s, the cluster types are all gone, and so are the families.  I tried every combination of true/false for "Flora:Wild", "Ground Model", and "Special Case Only".  The RKT1 points to the proper S3D, and I also tried switching the PNG with one that I know I have seen in-game.

Hopefully these will be a chain of "click cycle" flora, but for now I removed the other exemplars from the file.

Edit:  I see now the tutorial thread is pretty active... Apologies

Lowkee33

Not too sure what I was doing wrong here.  If I make a flora in PIMX and then try to make it plop-able it just doesn't seem to work.  So now I basically have a flora template that I change the RKT1 and give the appropriate instances when I want something, which with the things people are learning about flora, will be a lot.

I made a little scene.  I call it "Field of Dreams"

BTW, the timed props seemed to disappear as I jammed this lot with "flora"