• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How do I create curved road textures from straight road textures?

Started by raynerlim36, November 04, 2010, 08:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raynerlim36

Hi :)

How do I create curved road textures (90 degrees, 45 degrees) from straight road textures()what()

I have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator but I'm not an expert in them, thus I don't know how to achieve what I want.

I've searched for tutorials online but they don't suit my needs.
Also, the RAM Curves tutorial in the Modding Tutorials section don't apply, as it uses Ls to create the track, and don't ask me to use hyphens; it needs to be more precise than that.
I have also read the SAM Texture Creation Kit tutorial on curved textures but I believe there is an easier way to do it?
Trying Warping (Edit>Transform>Warp) in Photoshop also does not produce precise results.

Can anyone please help me me out if you can (NAM textures artists, HELP!!!) ?  :'(
I've been trying for a few days and have searched countless terms but I still can't do what I want.  ()sad()

Rayner
Rayner

superhands

all u will need is gmax, bat, and photoshop.

replace the default Camlighting rig with this one attached. (make sure to make a back up copy as this will be used again if you want to bat)

ok. open bat.
create a rectangle 14x14m
using loft and appliyng the right texture, you can easily crreate curves.
now hit reset lods ect.
click preview
press print screen
paste into photoshop.
then using orth and diag segments clean the image up.
then back in bat.
the preview window will allow alpha view. then repeat this in photoshop.

this was created using the above method in order to get the curve right first go.

-Dave inc.

raynerlim36

Thanks for your help!  :)

I'm not sure what is "loft"... I don't use BAT... And is there a tutorial for the "using loft and applying the right texture" part? Thanks again. :)
Rayner

raynerlim36

Rayner