• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Urban construction diary(Update _ 2011/03/28)

Started by Bill_Chen, October 02, 2010, 10:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Great update.  You've got a fantastic eye for details.  The wharf looks great!

Also you might not enjoy planting trees but you're certainly good at it! 

noahclem

Beautiful update Billly! Your coastlines look great  &apls  For some reason when I use those same seawalls they never look as nice so I usually use alternate ones but after seeing this I feel like they deserve another chance. Also enjoyed the stadium area and the golf course.

Look forward to more  ;)

Bill_Chen

To marsh : actually I hate to play so many trees. It's boring and takes me a lot of time :P

To Battlecat : I prefer forestation only in small part in a city, and I enjoy mixing up various of trees. I mess up the seasonal trees though. :-[

To noahclem : seawalls is always a big trouble for me. I prefer to let it go with the natural terrain.
I specially lift up the tarrain to serve my own purpose so it doesn't look very natural
Apprecaite your attation :thumbsup:

a play of 3d visual effect ;D

the turning part of overhead expressway is not so pretty as the ground expressway ( we can't ask too much :-\)

My first MD here : The Urban construction diar

Terring7

Great work, i really like how you mix urban with rural places :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Battlecat

Wonderful shots!  The balloon is a very cool touch! 

Those urban shots are fantastic as well!

nbvc

Tomas Neto

rooker1

A super month in OSITM, with outstanding pictures definatley deserves a move to The Best Sellers section.  Congrats on moving up the ladder.

Congrats again from myself and The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

canyonjumper

Awesome couple of updates Bill! Congrats on Best Sellers!

Your friend,
                                     Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Haljackey

Wow awesome update!

Although some of the pictures are squished. I think they would look even better if the aspect ratio stayed the same, that way the photos don't get distorted.

marsh

Haljackey: I think he does it to get a panorama, or a different perspective, kind of effect. I personally think it works well.  ;D

http://emjfpw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pqG_LSlH3cb9OtVIs_hy3x2wnSJmZ_Thj7biL_ZnpBHR2HvPmAtgduXKdeu4BBN1dSF2Bz45p3hzhcv4gbsGZUAk-smmHKpun/Clifford_4.jpg?psid=1

^^ That picture is really awesome. It inspired me to try something similar.

,marsh

calibanX

Wow, spectacular city building Bill. I love this.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Bill_Chen

:thumbsup: thanks so much for all those comments :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: thanks so much for all those comments :thumbsup:

My first MD here : The Urban construction diar

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

You do just amazing work with Photoshop! And SimCity of course  ;)   Again I really like your waterfront areas--and I'll take your suggestion and try doing more natural ones without seawalls myself. Keep up the awesome work  &apls

Yan077

Your photoshopping skills amaze me  :o
Some fantastic pictures too  :thumbsup:

Uzil

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

travismking

somehow I missed the update before this one, and seeing them both now ... all I can say is "wow"