• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bixel

Ok, so all I have to do is to clean out the old LOTs, not the models. Thats all i needed to know. Thanks :satisfied:!!

BarbyW

Not until the new ones are uploaded, bixel. I haven't yet converted all your previous ones to CAM but have used your models to make new lots. These won't conflict with yours as they all have new IIDs. I can convert yours if you wish but that will take some time. ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

bendy

Hi BarbyW,

Thanks for all your work here. I actually spent the afternoon downloading all this (while waiting for things to load and render at work, it can take a while) and found a couple more issues in addition to MAS71's

QuoteNDEX (DuskTrooper) Frank and Archai Tower;http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=4539
II.SC4Model;http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=4539

This should be all one line as the file is 'NDEX (DuskTrooper) Frank and Archai Tower II.SC4Model', confused me for a little bit.

Also,

QuoteSuperstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x102a45d9_0xb0000.SC4Model;http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=14112

The model file in here is actually "Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x1305ef0d_0x30000.SC4Model". Is that the correct one?

I've now got all 97 individual files you listed out of the zips (yay for bash scripting!) plus the 8 SimGoober industrial lots. However when I run the Cleanitol TM you uploaded to the LEX it says that it can't find many of the SC4Model files and none of the SG industrials. Is this meant to be the final Cleanitol file? I've looked a bit closer and it seems that all the files that have '[' and ']' characters in them aren't being found. I guess this is a limitation of the underlying windows file find commands that Cleanitol uses.

The SG industrials aren't being found cause they are listed in the file with the same names as you gave in your post listing. The installers doesn't use those names though. If i change (eg) 'SG Warehouses - small' to 'SG_WareHousesSmall.dat' in the file then it finds the SG warehouses fine.  However I don't know which of the SG files are the actual dependancies so am not sure what I should actually be putting in there.

Finally, the last 4 files in the Cleanitol file are using : instead of ; as a delimiter between the filename and url. Cleanitol doesn't find these at all. They also weren't in your original list, are they needed? Also the link to 'Integricutlure Subterranean' seems to be incorrect.

I've started updating my copy of the cleanitol file to find as much as it can (I don't think there's much I can do about the '[' and ']' characters without being able to change the Cleanitol program). Is it worth me trying to fix it or is there another one on the way soon?

Again, thanks for compiling all this, it's much appreciated  :thumbsup:. Now I've just got to wait for the whole thing to be released  :) My plugin folder is going to get much larger soon....

BarbyW

Sorry about the Cleanitol problems. I made the mistake of using the above list as the Cleanitol and I made some errors as the file names need to be exact. The last four files shouldn't have been in the list as they were references for me &ops. Wouanagaine has also identified the problem with the [ ] and is looking into it.
I have locked the file temporarily until a) I have done the revisions and b) Wou has checked out the [ ] problem.
The Superstar model may not have been used as I did use his original building that is in the SS Mega pack Vol01. The file name quoted is actually from the original upload that I now see was updated so it will be the correct model if/when it is used.

bendy

That's all right Barby. I've just modified my copy of the Cleanitol file and it now works for all the files and dependancies you listed. Apart from the [ ] issues it now detects everything correctly. Let me of if you'd like me to send you a copy of it.

thanks again.

bixel

As far as using the models for new lots thats fine. But just do nothing with the old Harbourside, or the Arch. Harbourside is getting a version2, and the Arch may get a rerender. I think in the LOT threads on simtropolis equiniox has a neat tutorial to quickly grab all the prop and texture data from one lot and slap it easily in another. I use that technique a lot after making a LM then copying the LOT design for the growable, but I assume you already know this :P

RippleJet

Okiedokie, Bixel :)

Quote from: bixel on June 21, 2007, 01:26:26 PM
I think in the LOT threads on simtropolis equiniox has a neat tutorial to quickly grab all the prop and texture data from one lot and slap it easily in another. I use that technique a lot after making a LM then copying the LOT design for the growable, but I assume you already know this :P

Yes, and I am very sure Barby knows it too! :D

Glenni

I was told Indisguise started a thread asking me publically if i would keep my promise about letting you guys re-mod my buildings as CAM-e-lots , but for whatever trouble there was earlier today that thread got deleted/locked/moved to time out corner, anyway, i'm not here to rant about that.

But yeah, i'll keep my promise , why shouldn't i? Don't really got any reasons for why not letting you guys to re-mod them for CAM in the first place. :thumbsup:

By the way, i was asked to tell this public, so i figured this is the best place to tell, not really any need to start a whole new thread.

BarbyW

Thanks, Glenni. I'm sure they will make excellent CAMeLots.

Swamper77

Particularly that 14 story hospital of his ;)

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

glepet

Quote from: bixel on June 21, 2007, 01:26:26 PM
I think in the LOT threads on simtropolis equiniox has a neat tutorial to quickly grab all the prop and texture data from one lot and slap it easily in another.
I looked over there for this tutorial but I couldn't find it. Do you know it it's still there, maybe I just missed it.

glepet

schm0

I understand the main premise of this add-on, but I'm a bit confused. Won't it limit the upper 7 stages to buildings that have yet to be released and the original vanilla Maxis buildings? And how do you account for the thousands of buildings released by other members on ST,  SC4Dev and the countless other sites? Are you talking about modding every building ever made? And if not, won't my old downloaded Stage 8 buildings be replaced by only CAM-friendly buildings if demand desires them? Wow, I have a lot of questions. :P
schm0

BarbyW

As an integral part of the CAM Ripplejet has modded all the Maxis buildings to fit into the full range of stages. Providing you do not use any Stop Maxis mods there is a full range available. He has also modded landmarks to grow in the upper stages. So even playng a vanilla city you could have all the stages grow.
No I am not talking about modding every building ever released $%Grinno$%. For the CAM we have taken some of the large buildings that currently can only grow to stage 8 and made them into new lots with more appropriate stages. If you keep all the lots that come with these buildings, you will have the same building growing in different stages. If that doesn't worry you then you can keep the old lots. If it does then just keep the models.
Once Wou's new tool is available people will be able to make and mod their buildings to CAM standard.

shoreman905

There haven't been many reports issued here for several days, but we wouldn't want you to think the project has gone into hibernation. At this time, a huge assortment of lots are being prepared and tested before release. At times it seems the whole of BSC is involved, and need to be, as this truely is a colossal effort. Ripplejet is away for a short absence, leaving the mice to play. CAM testing continues and new lots are handed over daily for testing, so the pace continues even with the ringmaster away. We CAMsters will post screenies now and then for you to check on as progress continues.  :-\

simdad1957

Just a query re: the CAM.

Is it the intention of the BSC that their future BAT's will be only compatible with the CAM or will the BSC continue to produce BAT's that are still compatible with garden variety SC4 Deluxe. This is an important point for luddites such as myself who are reluctant to upgrade to the CAM.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Go Sens!!

BarbyW

The CAM will allow growth of lots to stage 15 for R and C, to stage 10 for Ind and stage 7 for farms. All future BSC lots will be made using Wou's new tool but that does not mean they will only be CAM. Without CAM the lots will develop but you will not see new CAM skyscrapers without it. If, for example, you keep all the previously up to stage 8 skyscrapers they will still grow but any made with CAMpatible statistics won't so it wil be up to BATters. As not many BSC members make these large buildings there will not be much difference.
CAM is not an upgrade per se but a mod that opens up the extra stages that Maxis allowed for but didn't implement.

jmyers2043

Hello Sinbad... Barbara gives good advise.

I recently made some mid-rise office buildings that are being tested by some of the other BSC folk. These buildings have similar jobs, pollution, and consumption as the Maxis Ben Tower. The Ben grows as a stage 5 and 6. Mine do too. I tested them while using the CAM. I saw that they grow at or around the same time as the Ben Tower. So - they are both Rush Hour and CAM compatible. A forty story skyscraper (If I ever bat one) will probably only grow in the CAM as it may be a stage 10 building. Rush Hour would not know what to do with a stage 10 building.

Regarding your questions whether the BSC will only make CAM lots. Let me answer this way. I am finishing up some farm buildings. I'll give them the suggested jobs, pollution, and water consumption that the PIM-X assigns. In that regard they will be 'CAMpatible' but will also grow in Rush Hour because they will be stage 2 farms. I might add that I can't answer for others. Just myself.

The real difference between the CAM and Rush Hour will be how the game works with big cities. As Barby said your current stage 8 skyscrapers will continue to grow at stage 8 whether you have the CAM or Rush Hour. But what is so fun about that? I'd rather try to get the Empire State Building to grow as a stage 14. This game has been around for several years. The CAM is making it fun and a bit different. Big cities to me were always about 75K Sims. But then that first stage 9 grew at around 100K Sims. I said "how about that". I then set my sites on stage 10. That one grew and I felt a sense of accomplishment. Onward and upward to stage 11 (well, still working at it).

Hope this is helpful.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ExiLe

I love how this is turning out, great job guys!  &apls

take care,
...coming soon