• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

game not loading

Started by mccallstars, August 28, 2010, 03:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccallstars

Hello, can someone help please. The game will load upto the simcity4 screen, but does not let me choose a city, it just closes?

Thank you for your help
mccallstars

MattyFo

First off, you are definetly in the wrong thread.  You will find a much quicker response by putting this in to the appropriate "Help" thread.
But, since I am here I'll try to help.  Do you have any "Terrain Mods" installed?  If you do not have all of the required texture packs a crash to desktop will occure when opening a city.  Be sure to check all dependencies for Terrain Mods and basically anything you download from the LEX,  normally you will be provided with links to the file you need.

Hope I was able to help,

- Matt

EDIT: Topic has been moved by Global Mod to the appropriate thread.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Indisguise

I will assume your version is legit copy of the game and not some cracked version, if it is the later your on your own.

Try empting your plugins folder to a temp folder outside your game, run the game in vanillia form, see if runs. If so your having some sort of plugins conflict most likely something that affect the region view.

then add slowly the plugins to your game, exiting the game and adding a few at a time then reloading til you find the offending file. you must exit the game for the game to read the new plugins.

Do not open any of your older cities while doing this, open a new region if possible or at least try to access your sound and video options see if they been altered.  Turn the sound off and or set the graphics to low, if possible.  Opening a city without the proper plugins for it can  cause CTD problems.

If in vanillia form the same problem occurs you may have a possible mod conflict , like installed one thats not for deleux version or an issue with the game updates altered or not installed correctly.

or a problem with a possible update with your OS, or  of a sound or video driver. SC4 is an older game and sometimes newer updates can cause the game to crash, check for any recent updates and see if you can roll them back to an older vesion when the game was working.
Colossus X-rated