• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

About a median in AVE-2 (Network Widening Mod)

Started by Alejandro24, August 20, 2010, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciuu96

Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Girafe

Thanks for information Ciuu96  ;)

will surely have a look at these mods and other stuffs there

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

canyonjumper

I managed to navigate the site with a combination of translating the entire page, and guessing.

http://www.simcity.cn/register.php

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Jayster

superhands

as one of the creators of the nwm, this is superfantastic to see such a development &apls

-dave

Skins

Sorry that this is offtopic but here's something worthy of mentioning as well... As far as I know I've never seen anything released like this before. I still remember the days at ST when this was being attempted but nothing fruitful was coming of it.

I'm thinking we need to have a Chinese forum!

http://www.simcity.cn/viewthread.php?tid=83468&extra=page%3D1%26amp;filter%3Dtype%26amp;typeid%3D11

Clicking on 道路交通 filters all threads to "road traffic modifications" though I'd be wary of what to download when it comes to NAM compatibility...

cubby420

Well it certainly may be just my imagination, but it seems like the number of insanely good players on this site from China has seen an uptick in the past months to a year. I would imagine some of the Chinese members here might be interested in helping to bridge the gap between players who clearly have a lot of information to share with each other. Browsing the board (completely ignorant of the language mind you  ???) over at the Chinese fansite, it would appear that many have easy access to SC4D and ST, and therefore there must be some membership crossover that can understand both languages and could act as an emissary of sorts. Not volunteering anyone or anything, but it would be interesting to try.

Gaston

I keep trying to log into the Simcity China site without any luck.    Can't tell what I am doing wrong because the error messages are in chinese characters.   LOL

Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

cubby420

Yeah, I did the same thing over and over but eventually figured it out. The link originally posted by cluu96 is actually quite helpful. Go to the main page of the Chinese site and in the username field put bugmenot and 111111 in the password field. Hopefully your page is translated but if not, go to the clearly marked lot/mod section. On the next page simply click the second hyperlink and navigate to the thread marked 中式大道中央护栏(其实是NWM的 MAVE4与MAVE6) and simply download the attachment in the main post.

As far as how to successfully make you own account...I gave up on that one...  :-\

Jayster

For those of you that are interested in creating an account, here you go:

1. Open up Internet Explorer. Navigate to www.simcity.cn/ Click on the circled link.

2. Wait for it to load the Plugin content.

3. Click the button on the left.

4. Fill in the required information and hit the indicated button, wait a little bit and a new page will load and you should be redirected back to the forum and that should be it.

Hope this helped!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

Tarkus

Quote from: superhands on September 04, 2010, 07:23:56 PM
as one of the creators of the nwm, this is superfantastic to see such a development &apls

-dave

I'll second that.  My compliments to lrdcq and jackxu888 on their great work here!  (And thanks to allantan1116 for letting everyone here know about it!)  I just picked the files up myself off of SimCity China . . . I was able to get in via Firefox, too.  I've also downloaded a few of the things Skins pointed out and am checking them over for compatibility.

-Alex

jdenm8

I got in on Firefox and registered myself but I have yet to install the plugin. That site really, really doesn't like Google Translate  &mmm

Those dual-network bridges there look interesting. They appear to replace NAM bridges (one of which I actually use) according to the description and I don't know if they'll have LHD support though.

EDIT: They don't. They place, but they're just dummy paths. Paths on the wrong level and such. The underground rail bridge doesn't like the Rail catenary mod either it seems, the abutments don't appear, catenary pylons do instead. I think this is the result of using T21s to render the actual bridge.
IMHO though, these bridges would look better as traditional S3D bridges and with the GLR in Road bridge using the Road network considering the Tram puzzle pieces place over road.
On that topic, what ever happened to the bridges Choco made before his/her departure?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Gaston

Quote from: cubby420 on September 05, 2010, 11:35:49 AM
Yeah, I did the same thing over and over but eventually figured it out. The link originally posted by cluu96 is actually quite helpful. Go to the main page of the Chinese site and in the username field put bugmenot and 111111 in the password field. Hopefully your page is translated but if not, go to the clearly marked lot/mod section. On the next page simply click the second hyperlink and navigate to the thread marked 中式大道中央护栏(其实是NWM的 MAVE4与MAVE6) and simply download the attachment in the main post.

As far as how to successfully make you own account...I gave up on that one...  :-\
I do't know what is "clearly marked on your site.   Everything I have is still in Chinese chacters.    Nothing is clearly marked.   LMAO

Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

cubby420

Strange, as that's just about the only thing in English even without a translator when I look at the page. Regardless, the lot.mod section can be accessed by clicking on this picture on the homepage after signing in...

louistsw

Hope it can give some help. ;D

The other three boards of the right side of the Plugin Discussing Board are all for exchange.
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

samerton

Wow.. thanks to the above translators like CJ and Jayster, I was able to sign up to the website and download the files! Thanks a lot, guys!

Andreas

Toying with the AVE2 as well... :)

EDIT: And now with diagonals as well (including streetlights - they have been missing so far):

Andreas

Gaston

Thanks louistsw.   That really helps me out alot.   I'm sure I can find um now.    Great job.

---Gaston
白龍

travismking

excellent, we definitly need a mas-san like chinese person to help bridge the gap :p I too have notice a major influx of chinese members (louistw being one of them) who are incredibly awesome over the past few months, so maybe a chinese forum would be in order?

edit: also those medians for ave-2 are here http://www.simcity.cn/thread-83968-1-2.html but you have to login, im testing now

theres a tiny little download link at the bottom of the download page it says "普通下载" and has blue background

third edit: It works :)