• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ferndale: A Real Life Recreation

Started by Jayster, August 07, 2010, 10:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

Nice update and a very nice MD you have here, Jayster! &apls &apls
Tarson's Cove looks beautiful and your marina is fantastic! I can't wait for your next update!

:)

PS. Do you have a download link to that median? I can't navigate SimCity.cn for the life of me. $%Grinno$% Thanks!

nedalezz

Great update, I really enjoyed your work doing the marina. The town looks fantastic, a perfect sleepy coastal town. Your choice for the BATs also fit in perfectly :)

Jayster

Replies:

kwakelaar: Thank you very much.
Thomas Neto: Thank you as well.
Battlecat: Thank you very much. I'd have to say that this city is by far my favorite.
Nego: Thank you, and here's the next one! Refer to my PM by the way  :thumbsup:
nedalezz: Thank you very much!

In this update, I will be focusing on a spur of I-25 near the town of Merdel Beach. It splits off just before the town. I-625 is a scenic route mostly used by freight.

Not very many people use I-25 here as the main city hasn't been built yet.

I-625 breaks off to the right.

This is the second exit for the city.

Here, the drivers get very close to the edge of the water. Driving on this road at night is not suggested as it is very hard to see and there aren't any guardrails.

The highway makes its way around a small outcrop here.

Road along a steep cliff.

The only feasible option here was to cut through the mountains rather than building a tunnel or going around.

Small turnoff for a small hiking trail just before the next city.

And I leave you guys with a small preview for next weeks update, it's going to be about nature!

Hope you enjoyed this update, please comment if you read!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

kalvar

Nature, I love nature, and I see that reflected very well, I like your work, is very nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rooker1

A big congrats to you jayster!!
Yesterday's update just goes to show why you have been choosen to be in OSITM!!

Congrats from myself and The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Nego

Congratulations, Jayster! You definitely deserve this for your fantastic work on this Mayor Diary. All of your pictures look beautiful and everything, especially in this update, is very natural. Your MD is OSITM! aka AWESOME! I can't wait for your next update! &apls :thumbsup: :)

Tomas Neto

Congrats on OSITM, and fantastic update!!!

RickD

Congrats on OSITM. Nice work with the road and the trees. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

That update is really nice! Great work on the highway.
Also congrats for the OSITM-award.
Looking forward to the next pictures... :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Congrats on your OSITM!  Your latest update is fantastic!  You've done a great job with details here.

cubby420

nedalezz

First off, congratulations on the well deserved OSITM :)

Picture 8.4 is simply breathtaking, one of the finest I have ever seen, and it follows along the lines of the rest of your update, which was fantastic.

peter007

Jayster

Replies:

kalvar: Thank you very much for the complement!
rooker1: Thank you very much for this special opportunity!  :thumbsup:
Nego: Thank you so much!  :D
Tomas Neto: Thanks and thanks!
RickD: Thank you very much!
bat: Thanks and I hope you enjoy these!
Battlecat: Thank you very much!
cubby420: Thanks!
nedalezz: Thank you, I just used the "flip horizontal" button in Photoshop.  ;)
peter007: Thank you as well!

Part 1

So for this update, I will not be doing nature (sorry, that will come soon though!  :thumbsup:), I will be showing everyone how I create small towns in my region.

The town that I will be starting out on today will be called Parksons Stretch.

I already have the main infrastructure built for this tile.

More roads and rail.

I think this will be a good spot to start the city.

First of all, the city needs an exit. This is the one I've built.

Here I have built the main roads and streets for the city.

The zoning is done. This city will start out with only early houses. (C.P. Houses). As the city expands a little, we will see introduction of more modern housing.

Close up of one of the neighborhoods.

And that concludes part 1 of this city building. I hope you enjoyed it!  :thumbsup:

Comments are welcome as well of course!

Jayster

Haljackey

Nice work! I like your transportation networks!

Congrats on OSITM! I'll keep an eye on this one.

Nego

Nice update! I found it very informative. I also like the way your coastline looks. The purple looks great! I can't wait for part two!

PS. I've noticed that the barriers and lights on your RHWs appear inconsistently. I think you may have the mod installed wrong. Make sure that only one of the files is installed, 'zzz_lights.dat', 'zzz_barriers.dat', or 'zzz_both.dat', but not all three.

cubby420

Great update Jayster  :thumbsup:

I love the region view. The cities in the northwest area of your region look even more expertly laid out from this view. What map are you using?

Battlecat

Fantastic to see how you're approaching development!  I really like the terrain on this tile you're working on right now. 

Jayster

Replies:

Haljackey: Thank you very much for the compliment!
Nego: Thank you VERY much for that! My highways look much better now!  :thumbsup:
cubby420: I'm using a map of Hobart (capital of Tasmania). It's on the Stex and it is the BIG one.
Battlecat: Thank you!

Continuing on with the development of Parkson's Stretch.

Here is the first neighborhood under review. I already deleted the houses that don't fit in.

And finally after a little bit of bulldozing, it's done!

Here is a different neighborhood. Here, I've shown some of the houses that I haven't edited their properties so they won't grow in the Chicago tileset.

Bulldozed them and re-zoned.

Happy with this so far.

Filled in the open spots and there we go!

Here is next updates project. This is going to be a high-wealth neighborhood.

Hoped you enjoyed this small update. I've been busy lately with the release of Medal of Honor 2010. Finished the campaign tonight. Once again, if you read, PLEASE comment. Comments are greatly appreciated!

Jayster

RickD

Very nice. The combination of buildings looks very good. They match together so it looks like they were all built around the same time following the same development scheme. And those edge lots make a great curved effect.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)