• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing Props

Started by danielra96, July 14, 2010, 06:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielra96

without the a_cam folder in my plugins, the game's props are normal

but now they end up like this

i can't figure out why this happens

jmyers2043

You refer to the missing overlay textures e.g. driveways and pathways?

The CAM doesn't have anything in it that would do that. As an example, the CAM mod's specific Maxis files to enable stage 9 thru 16 commercial buildings but leaves asthetic things like textures alone.

Those are maxis textures too.  ???  Take everything out of your plugins including the CAM. Test. Textures there? Put the CAM back in. Test again. Then and only then start to put other things in your plugins.

Oh - and don't forget look in C:\Program Files\Maxis\Plugins too. A lot of people forget to check that one when problems arise.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

danielra96

i pulled out everything and isolated the a_cam folder
i looked in my documents folder and only found bsc textures, prop packs, and sim goober's farms and i don't think that's a problem

jmyers2043

The CAM does not have a single FSH file (textures) in it. Only exemplars.

These are the files that A_CAM should have and the size of the cam.dat file. My suggestion now is to download the CAM again - reinstall. I haven't a clue if the problem persists afterwards. You may be on your own trying to figure this one out.

- Jim

danielra96

will it make a difference if i installed it to the program files plugin folder instead of the documents plugin folder?

jmyers2043

Quotemy documents folder and only found bsc textures, prop packs, and sim goober's farms and i don't think that's a problem

You've tried the obvious. It hasn't worked. Time to try the not so obvious. Put every option on the table, everything is suspect. Don't say "I don't think" say instead " I'm going to prove this file in the A-CAM folder is/is not" Which is reason to remove everything and begin to build your plugins back up slowly testing as you go. This may not be too arduous as you've already observed something about A_Cam folder after some experimentation. Good. Time to drill deeper. 

I'm probably telling you something that you already know but just in case - Sim City loads files from C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4, then from C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Plugins, and finally from \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins in a somewhat alphabetical order. As the Maxis overlay textures are affected and as they are loaded in the first batch, then everything afterwards is suspect no matter where it resides.

Good Luck

- Jim

sedator

I have had this same issue. Like the person above when cam is installed i get the texture issue no driveways and parking lots. Also I noticed the maxis parks are just green lots nothing else no ponds, playgrounds trees and so on. When I take cam out these errors do not occur. Just an fyi I did a complete uninstall and reinstall. I added cam as the first additional plugin/mod and loaded the game; errors occurred the maxis textures were gone no driveways or parking lots. Same issue with the parks. I also noticed that it affects other SC4 Devotion custom lots as well especially the older ones.

sedator

I got this error today when I played an older farm region "Warning missing plug-in" (1914560356). It gave me the option to cancel or accept and continue. I don't really know what this is or what it refers to it seems to be a Simcity Maxis Error since it appeared in a pop up window. I don't know if this is the issue that is causing my problem. Anybody got any Ideas to what this may be?

jmyers2043

The 1914560356 is decimal. Converting it to hex will give you the instance id (IID) of 0x721DDf64. Almost everything in the game has an IID.

It's not a prop because props are just not there. It's not a missing building because that will show a box and you'll not get prior warning. It could be a missing civic building like a hospital or school, transportation building like a seaport, or a missing mod. I can't be much help beyond that.

- Jim

sedator

Well I did a couple of more installs and I found what was causing my error. When I applied the EP1 Update I loose the Maxis overlay textures, very strange. Since I never ran the game until after I applied the update I never caught it.

danielra96

i reinstalled my game and the cam and the textures went back to normal.
i don't know why i didn't think of it before...

tarrina

I'm having the same problem. I tested by removing the CAM completely, isolating it, etc. and whenever it's not in my plugins folder the props go back to normal. From what I gather, the best solution is to reinstall the whole game? Then reinstall the CAM? When reinstalling, can you save old regions, or will they be deleted? Thanks!

RippleJet

Quote from: tarrina on September 26, 2010, 08:56:39 AM
When reinstalling, can you save old regions, or will they be deleted? Thanks!

Make a backup of your whole Regions folder, and then copy it back after the reinstall.

gabo72

Sorry folks!!!

The more I read this the less I understand what to do... I've been having the same problem and tried basically all I've understood you told it's supposed to be done when the props are missing... But nothing seems to be working... Since I'm not the kind of person that doesn't appreciate a good advice, I would know to deeply thank whoever can help me...

Greetings from Venezuela

RippleJet

If you are suddenly missing a lot of props, the first thing to check, is the City Detail under Graphic Options:

If City Detail is set to anything lower than "High", you will lose all props.

Note that, whenever you update your game with one of the official patches or fixes,
the City Detail will for some strange reason be set back to "Low".

gabo72

RippleJet...

You made me feel SO stupid... Thank you very much... Problem solved