• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerton

Hey David, Have fun in Montana. I do believe that the Road/Rail Retexturing Group (R3 G), Would that be instead 3RR-G? JKB
PS Welcome to page 430 and awesome RealRoad textures David.
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

That does look pretty steep! Looks like he had no problem scaling it! Good luck to you all!

Jayson

Jmouse

Miracles can and do happen - let's hope and pray this will be one of those times!

Best wishes to you and your family...

Joan

KoV Liberty

I wish him luck..........

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

ldvger

David-

I am both late and early to this thread, having taken several years of time off before becoming active again, so I maybe missed out on whatever issues have arisen with your sons.  It may not be appropriate to ask this in a public space and if I offend, please forgive me, but why are your sons living away from and apart not only from each other but from the rest of thier family?  I gather they are seriously ill and that Alaska doesn't present there resources to treat them at uptimum levels, but whoa, how hard this must be for all of you to be a fractured family. 

It's none of my biz, I know. 

Lora/LD

EDITOh, no, Lora- no issue at all.  I've been very open here about the situation, and everyone has been really kind about my occasional OT stuff about my kids.  For you and those not familiar with the story, Heather, my wife, and I adopted Tristen, who is now 12, and his brother Joshua, now 10, in 2003.  The boys were in the custody of another state's child protective services, having been taken from the mother based on her drug use and other lifestyle issues.  Both have severe mental and emotional issues due to the mother's use of methamphetamines when she was pregnant, and were more or less condemned to a life in foster care, as they were far from traditional adoption candidates.  We were told at the time of the adoption that each ran a substantial chance of being institutionalized during the time they would be with us.

In 2006, Tristen's situation was at the point where it was determined he needed to be placed at a residential treatment center in Texas.  He spent a year and a half there, came home for a short time and then had had issues that caused us to place him in a facility in Montana.  As Joshua reached the same age where Tristen's behavior's became severe, he had was similiarly affected.  He was also placed in the treatment center in Montana, which specialized in dealing with the problems created by attachment and bonding issues.  After a year, Tristen was determined to suffer from childhood-onset schizophrenia, and he was transferred to a hospital-model facility in Austin, Texas and started on a medication called Cloziril, which shows great promise.  Joshua is now on the same track- that's why we're now taking him to Texas
. -DE 

dedgren

Helena Airport - off to Austin.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Ryan B.

Good luck, Josh!  We're all pulling for you.  :)

Albus of Garaway

Josh, you seem like a wonderful young man! You must have been very strong and brave to climb Deke Hill. I bet you enjoyed the view at the top! ;)

David, thanks for showing these pictures to us. They made my morning!

dedgren

Denver International... our flight is boarding.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

Have a great flight, David!

Dustin

threestooges

Fly safely my friend. Looking forward to the next update on all things.
-Matt

dedgren

In Austin and waiting to check Josh in.  It's 100 degrees (F)/38 (C)- phewww!

I took these pics of a primary road close to where I live on the way to the airport Tuesday night.

Each lane is 13 feet wide/4 meters wide.  Each yellow centerline and the edgeline is five inches/12.6 centimeters wide.  The paved shoulder is five feet/1.6 meters wide.

Here's what I did on the plane as a result.

Something pretty close to this would become the default road under the plans I am working out now.  Scale-wise, it is the equivalent of the RL pics above.

Here's a comparison to the current default road, as recently retextured.

More after we get back to the hotel this evening.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

meinhosen

The crowd hushes in revered silence...
"Ooh.  Aah..."

Looking good, David.   :)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Battlecat

Nicely done!   &apls

The shoulder really adds character to the road, and it's pretty handy to have around when your car breaks down! 

threestooges

Makes me want to take a drive David. I really liked the old retexture, but this new one just blows it away. I'm curious how it will look, as a default, when you get into cities and get that wealth dependent stuff going on. Could the shoulders serve to emulate streetside parking in those circumstances?

Hope the trip is going well and that Josh likes his new surroundings. Is Tristen still there too? If so, it'll be good that they have each other there. Have a good one David.
-Matt

sithlrd98

Re-texture is looking even better...can't wait to get my hands on them!

Jayson

deathtopumpkins

Very nice, David! I'm liking these retextures.  &apls
One thing though: I've always thought that the centerlines in SC4 were TOO dark yellow. Here, and in those pics, they are a lot more yellowy-orange. Just a suggestion.  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

girlfromverona

All the very, very best for both boys with their treatments. No kid deserves to go through what they've been through, but they are so lucky to have you and Heather in their lives now.

Those RealRoads look phenomenal, David. You really do think of everything.  :thumbsup:

just_a_guy

It must be unimaginably tough for the boys to go through what they have. I hope their treatment does it's best to help them.

The RealRoads are spectacular! Can you work miracles? Nah, I thinks it's just your brain and thoughts at work, better than miracles! Take care.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing