• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Oh my goodness, are we going to have fun!  ;D

BarbarossaS

Oh, I like these a lot!  &apls &apls
Any chance they will be made with euro textures too?

-Stijn-

EDITI will send the Euro textured versions to Andreas Roth at the same time I turn over everything else to the, err... team today- already anticipated the question, my friend.  My pleasure. -DE

z

You know, now that there are FAR intersections, including perpendicular ones, all you'd have to do is take some buildings, rotate their models to match the FAR, add some overhangs to even things out at the roadside, and you could build a FAN (Fractionally Angled Neighborhood)!

Jmouse

Just when we think the end is in sight, there's a bright new beginning. My wishes have been granted. :)

Later...

Joan

bakerton

David, those look toatally bodaciuos man. I do think that the grid has given you the right of way for good. Keep on going my Alaskan friend. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

homefryes

David, simply AWESOME, my friend. You know I'll be putting these to good use in Ashtabula, and I simply CAN'T WAIT!! I may have to pace myself on development for a bit in anticipation of these gems! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

dedgren

How sausage is made.

Welcome to my morning.  Our great friend Daeley's PathCreator tool [linkie to development thread] is an amazing thing.  A single intersection like this would have taken upwards of an hour to path before it came along.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

i guess i should go out on friday nights more often if this is what i find when i come back.....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

daeley

nice screenshot ;) I'm always happy to be of service ;)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

CCFC

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I was trying to keep my mouth closed from amazement. I think the last time I played months ago the grid was the thing I hate, now with this next improvement David..the grid is now dead.

R.I.P. Grid of SimCity 4

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

dedgren

These were just handed off to one of the teams I'm on...

Whewwww!  That was more of a job that I thought.  Fun, though, and do they ever look nifty in the game, if I do say so myself.

I'm fixing that pesky STR S-curve path, and will be back around later this afternoon.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David I umm welll yeahhh umm I can't speak  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Bobbi

Wow! It's amazing.

But it takes too many grids. :-[

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

metasmurf

Make sure to make those into euro as well :D  :thumbsup: &apls

mightygoose

any daigonal FAR intersections...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

sithlrd98

David,you amaze me! These look awesome! Can't wait to try and break'em ;D

Jayson

meinhosen

Amazing work David!  I can't wait to see those intersections added to the next NAM.  :)

I think I've said it before, but you're really working hard to change the look and play of the game!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Splime

Wow, I've been waiting for these... I'm wondering though, do you have any pictures of them without the grid? Seeing the grid in the pics is an unfortunate reminder to what we're confined to.

Also, I hate to give you more ideas, but I see a place where you could make even more puzzle pieces. Since the basic FAR pieces are 2x3, there are three tiles where the other road could intersect the FAR at. However, only the middle tile is used in these puzzle pieces. I was wondering if there were any plans for ones on the external pieces. I realize it's not really needed in rural areas, but they could be really useful in suburban and urban uses of the FAR. It was just a thought I had.

dedgren

Here's the Euro textures.

I'll put these in a file to get to Andreas this evening.  I'm gonna burn me a steak, first.  It's been a long day slaving over a hot computer.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...