• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop Hawke

Can't wait to see what all of you will come up with on this project.
As for myself, I had a major desaster here. I had a complete loss of all files.  So I have to start from scratch and down load evrything all over again. 8 gigs of building.
David keep up the good work and I hope you keep clear of ol smokie top up there. That valcoano is really playing hecktic with air travel already down here in the lower 48.

Good luck on everyone's quads.

(Edit:  Wow first time I have ever made it a top of a page. Feels nice..)

Battlecat

Not a clue whose quad that would be but it's certainly a nice looking area!  Hope you're not having too much trouble with Mt Redoubt there, looks like it's been a noisy weekend with all those eruptions.  Take care! 

bat

Two beautiful images there, David!
Looking forward to more...

dedgren

On the volcano front, here's a pic of Mount Redoubt erupting yesterday.

Anchorage Daily News, all rights reserved

The ashfall was northwest of here.  This is a snow machine trail through an area that experienced about a quarter-inch/.8 centimeter of ash coming down about 75 miles/120 kilometers from where I live.

Anchorage Daily News, all rights reserved

Stay tuned.

I have been dealing, among other things, with a dilemma in sending out quads.  While I want to set certain things in place before a collaborator starts working on a quad, I don't want to leave her or him little or nothing to do, and especially in places where the development footprint is lighter.  I have also decided that the seasonal tree lots will be very cumbersome for the collaborator to deal with during development, although ultimately they will be added to all completed quads.  As a result, I am eliminating some of the fine detail (fencelines, for example) on the quads I'm sending, and will be using mayor mode summer trees of the type that would ultimately be replaced by seasonal ones.

I am also completing a major brief this week, and have a short trial this morning.  So, in the meantime, here's a bit of Pink SW eyecandy, which shows you the rest of the road to Brazile Hot Springs and what the replacement mayor mode trees look like.

I have been working on some mayor mode flora brushes for these trees.

I need to talk to Brian the Tree God (c.p./cycledogg) about how to do this, though, as I still can't quite seem to get the hang...

Thanks for hanging in there with me during a long, long week.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

homefryes

W :o W! I just LOVE that winding road down the hillside. Absolutely breathtaking! I'll be interested to see more on the flora brushes!

Glad to know you're pretty much out of harms way there.

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Rayden

Awesome David, looks like I will have a hell of job to do, choosing where not to spoil your work of art. Will be any bit left for me that I will be able to spoil? $%Grinno$%

BarbarossaS

Awesome display of the FAR once again, there aren't many people who can make them roads
like you do David.

I like  :P

kimcar

&apls &aplsExcellent your road . DSo oyu plan to buy or build your cabin over there ? ;D

nerdly_dood

Looking forward to more news about the volcano!

And the Maxis tree replacement is looking excellent too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Pat

David simply ashtounding lol... OK bad pun I know I know... Anywho looking real good here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

io_bg

Breathtaking pics! &apls The winding road is like from a real photo.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

CabraBuitre

Here's a question I think the 3RR's might be able to help me with.  I'm using the newest NAM (actually, I'm playing for he first time since the stuff David did was added to the NAM), and I'm wondering how to get the wide curves without base textures.  I figure I downloaded something that added those textures... but I don't know what that would be.  I'm trying to make a wide rural curve and I don't want the base textures.

Thanks!

Check out Abelfarei!

Rayden

Quote from: CabraBuitre on March 25, 2009, 02:48:08 PM
Here's a question I think the 3RR's might be able to help me with.  I'm using the newest NAM (actually, I'm playing for he first time since the stuff David did was added to the NAM), and I'm wondering how to get the wide curves without base textures.  I figure I downloaded something that added those textures... but I don't know what that would be.  I'm trying to make a wide rural curve and I don't want the base textures.

Thanks!

Have a look at this post of mine, I think you might have the same problem I did. ;)

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg231173#msg231173

Btw, don't forget the deadline to present the challenge 1 at GRV II finishes in a few hours.

Sorry David for the off-topic. &ops

bakerton

OOOOOOOH AAAAAAAH David. I better have the 4X4 ready for that drive. With all of that volcanic ash there in Anchorage area, I thought it was Ash Wednesday. Anyway David, are you gonna make an ash angel or ash-man? Good luck David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

threestooges

Glad to hear things are ok for you up there (minus the impending brief). Hope the trial went well. Looking forward to seeing how the quads turn out when they're ready for distribution. Until then, take it easy.
-Matt

just_a_guy

Oh WOW! Consider me impressed! The dirt road looks like a lot of dirt roads that go up mountains in my region. It's too bad a lot of your detailing is going to be destroyed eventually for city building but well, that's how it works in RL anyway.

It looks fun to do this in that dirt road there:

Cheers and looking forward for the finished quads.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

sithlrd98

Quote from: Rayden on March 25, 2009, 03:04:38 PM
Have a look at this post of mine, I think you might have the same problem I did. ;)
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg231173#msg231173
Sorry David for the off-topic. &ops

Why is everybody pickin on me? :) :P
***Back on topic*****
Excellent pics David! I wish I had more time to play cause I would have loved to have had a quad! And that volcano picture is a little scary, but beautiful at the same time. You definitely live in a beautiful state!

Jayson

mightygoose

see our game is an art form...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

flame1396

Cool, Pink SW is looking sweet.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

magee_b

David,
those shots are simply breathtaking &apls
I can just imagine parking the car at the edge of the road and cutting through the bush to go on a long, wandering hike along the stream. It's giving me chills just thinking about it.

Cheers!
- Brian