• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

nope... Network timeout... This looks pretty cool too!  $%Grinno$%
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

darraghf

i think his site's down because your homepage won't even load and that is not a data intensive page with all of one word on it
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

threestooges

I was able to get it fine a little while ago, it just took a little while to connect. I'll give it a try in a bit David.
-Matt

jpj_starfleet

David will that double track crossover be available as a overlay texture for us custom lotters who like realistic rails? also a couple of pages back you showed me a crossover from one set of double tracks to another, is that available yet? and lastly I am having the same connection problems...could be those satalites that were shot down over Texas by aliens or it could be something with the internet.. :D

John

-----------------------

Works now for me....

EDITJohn, I'll send you the textures attached to a PM- the problem with textures used in puzzle pieces is the green band that is required to "cheat" a semblance of the game appearance.  I have started saving newly created pieces in a file format the preserves layers, so it's not hard to pull the newer ones apart and make them available. -DE

Jmouse

That link seems OK at the moment.

Later...

Joan

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

art128

David, it's been a while since my last post there my friend,
Your work is always awesome my friend.  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

darraghf

do I just plop this file in with the other ones or do i need to delete the old files?

EDITHeh- I need to start putting Easter eggs [linkie] in my readme files.  Pretty much the rule for these betas will be "out with the old - in with the new." -DE 
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

jmvl

First I want to say that the 3 Rivers Region is great! The special content developed for it is also great!
I've 3 questions, two about the Rural Roads and one about the Single Track Rail.
1. Is the speed limit on Rural Roads higher than on roads, but lower than on highways and Rural Highways?
2. Is it possible to create RCI zones near a Rural Road? (With highways and Rural Highways you can't do this.)
3. Will trains be able to wait at a Dual Rail Track to a Single Rail Track transition when the Single Track Rail is occupied by another train (coming in opposite direction)?
Thanks in the advance for the answering of my questions.

EDITWelcome to 3RR, my friend!  Thanks for the kind words.

1.  Same as roads.
2.  Yes.
3.  I think so- Jan (Swamper77) will know.

-DE

dedgren

I'm at a tiny log cabin up in Talkeetna, Alaska with Heather.  The page load times are dismal.  This pic took 20 minutes to upload to ImageShack.

The "old technique perfectly fine switch 'til today" is the one on the bottom.

...that was hard, eh?...

I'll have this up as a puzzle piece beta after I get home this afternoon.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

Quote from: dedgren on February 16, 2009, 10:41:20 AM
I'm at a tiny log cabin up in Talkeetna, Alaska with Heather. ...

I know where is, about 80 miles north from Wasilla. You take the W Parks Highway... &Thk/( $%Grinno$%

So, you're still celebrating Valentine's day? ;D :thumbsup:

bwatterud

Question about the crossover:  Will it do anything besides look awesome in game?

dedgren

Back from Talkeetna.

Our great friend Silvio (Rayden) gave perfect directions.

When I have a bunch of writing to do, I head up there for the peace and quiet of no phone or other distractions.  It's a great place outside the tourist season to get work done.  Plus, there's breakfast at the Roadhouse.

You just have to watch out for the killer icicles.

Dee-luxe accomodations for (US) $50.00.

They're not always right about it being the size that counts.

I stayed up a while after I wrapped up last night and made the DT crossover into a puzzle piece.

Brad (bwatterud), you were asking about functionality.  I see it paired up at the "points" end of the DT to STR off switches.

Depending on which side the STR "leg" comes off of, the crossover won't have any effect in one direction.

In the other, however, it will allow a train to properly return to the correct "one way" side of the dual trackage.  The trains do this now, but the effect isn't so great.

Just a little detail, but a fun one to watch in action.  Which you can do today, thanks to this little beta here [download linkie].

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David over the last few days I have been left with out words and today well I just have to let you know that you done it to me!!! I am soo speachless!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Dark_Jedi06

Just when you think you've got it all...David goes and makes your world a little brighter. $%Grinno$%

Perhaps a bit dramatic, but absolutely true! :D
...this space to be filled soon...

turtle

wauw, that looks great, David!
My name is Thomas...

jmvl

Thanks for the answers, David.
The new DT crossover puzzle piece looks great! It's a great addition to the STR, in real life it's used often. Great work, David! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Hidden Pond.

I'm modifying my SAM Set 3 to get rid of low wealth textures altogether.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Sheep49

Seems like I haveven't commented here in ages! Please, forgive me David! :D

But I have to say that your modification of SAM's Set 3 is going to be a great one! Definately useful in Rural Areas ;) Great work with that pond and its sorroundings, too. I especially like what have you done with that ploppable flora for Jeronij's Transparent Water. I seriously wish I could 'build' natural/rural areas like you.

Oh, and STR betas are awesome! Great and realistic addition to the existing DTR in game. And, of course, are really helpful when building villages, rural areas etc.

So thank you once again, David! I'll try to comment here more often ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

io_bg

Great job as always! I can't wait to play with the new STR beta!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November