• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

I like to think of us in a perpetual state of autumn . . .

every now and again, it seems we're blown away . . .

:D  :P

Yes, I thought of that one on my own.

dedgren

I did go ahead and adjust the diagonal texture

and made a couple of other touch-up corrections as well.  I'll post the updated file on the 3RREX [linkie] in just a few (Done! -ed.).

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

LoL David it sure does look like you just did that one lol....  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

&apls That really does look fantastic David.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

These diagonal textures are really nice there; nice work on them, David!

Andreas

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 05, 2009, 07:01:28 PM
Oh, one question: Are these compatible with the SFBT Rail Texture Mod on the LEX?

Well, the problem with puzzle pieces is that adding wealth-dependend textures is a bit tricky. It seems to work for the road network, IIRC, but for rail, this is not the case. ebina tried to add wealth dependent textures with a different method to the wide radius curves, but this method creates certain display errors. The "Darker Rail Textures Mod", however, will work perfectly, as it is intended to eliminate the color shift of the in-game draggable rail in zoom 1 - 4. In any case, the wealth-dependend textures are compatible as well, the only disadvantage is that you won't see those under the puzzle pieces, but only under draggable rail.
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

Um, Andreas, the textures in question are draggable...  :P

And me and Ale have PM'd about wealth-dependent textures on puzzle pieces.  ;)

Still, thanks for the answer.  :)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Andreas

Ahh, I thought you were referring to the puzzle pieces. My bad - I was sorting and renaming files for eight hours straight at work, so my brain is kinda freezed right now (and it's -10°C/14°F outside at the moment, which might contribute to that state as well ;) ). Well, I would have to update my mod for any draggable texture replacements, but that shouldn't be much of an issue, apart from the work that has to be done.
Andreas

thundercrack83

It simply amazes me that something so seemingly small, when changed, can have such an immense impact and make such a difference.

And David, you are the king of sussing those things out and making the changes!

Keep up the fantastic work, my friend!

Dustin

rusummer1

Happy 2009 everyone, great work on the FAR and STR and I cannot wait until they're released!
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

io_bg

Great work on the textures, David (I hope I can call you like that). I've changed the game a lot in the last few months, especially with the STR and the switches. I wonder what's your next project. :thumbsup: And happy new year everyone!

EDITMy friend, please call me David!  It's great to have you here with us, and Happy New Year to you, too. -DE
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

allan_kuan1992

Um... dedgren... you mind updating your files to fix the aftermentioned bugs in previous pages?

Also... as school is now in session (>.<) I can not do a lot of SC4 testing.
Then again, I'm awake at 4:47 AM Pacific time... but shh (I'm finding that there's a conflict somewhere in the NAM causing textures to vanish =O)

- Allan Kuan

dedgren

Well, I've been more or less totally consumed for the last couple of days by what has seemed like a hopeless quest to learn how to create draggable content for the STR.  Sorry, folks- I know it has impacted my availability here, but I have been really hoping I could help move, er... something along to completion.  I haven't given up, but it's clear that it's a pretty tough job to teach an old dog new tricks.

I took a break this afternoon to pound a stake through something in the game I absolutely dislike with a passion.  Ever tried to drag a diagonal dual-rail track across another one?

Eeee-yew!  Those are probably among the worst of the transportation textures in the game.  But you won't have to deal with them any more...

Here it is up close.

Here's me having fun with it.

You'll be having fun with it shortly.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Alfred.Jones

Oooooooooooo It is soooooo pretty!! &apls

Sim City 4 Devotion

Pat

ooooooh David you have been really crossing your T's there havent ya's lol!!!! Simply stunning stuff I just so ran out of what to say!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

David, I am amazed. What kind of a beast did Alex and Jason create by teaching you how to make puzzle pieces?

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

What kind of a beast did Alex and Jason create by teaching you how to make puzzle pieces?

Ha! That's a great question there, Kevin! I know my answer to it--the best kind of beast imaginable!

Another wonderful addition, David! I don't know where you keep coming up with this stuff!

Dustin

Swamper77

I have a slightly better idea than the puzzle piece you created: Why don't you override the textures and paths so that intersection looks and works like your puzzle piece. Trains should not turn that tight anyways.

-Jan

EDITJan, my friend, I just spent the past day trying to do just that.  I finally got so frustrated, I cranked the puz-piece out in about 30 minutes.  I have seen SC4 do weird things today... well, it just wasn't natural.  I figure I went through just about two hours per each of the eight lines of code I figure are necessary.  I'm thinking the first four (where I'm stuck- the rest is pretty straightforward) are something like

0x03001c00,0,1,0x03001c00,0,0=0x03001a00,0,1,0x03001a00,3,1
0x03001c00,3,0,0x03001c00,3,1=0x03001a00,3,0,0x03001a00,1,0
0x03001c00,0,0,0x03001c00,0,1=0x03001a00,3,1,0x03001a00,0,1
0x03001c00,3,1,0x03001c00,3,0=0x03001a00,1,0,0x03001a00,3,0

I've seen brown gridsquares, missing textures, other strange artifacts... I'd just love to just see the answer at this point. -DE
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

frdrcklim

That's one hell of a maze david :D. Hope you make more breakthroughs ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Swamper77

David,

I didn't mean "override" as in edit the RULs, I meant "override" as in replace the Maxis textures and paths with yours. ;)

-Jan

EDITThe problem with just doing texture overrides is that part of the "game" crossing is also part of the "game" diagonal switch.  Believe me- I'm tempted, as I don't care for the default switches any more than I like the default rail across rail trackage.  That's just me, though- there's probably thousands of folks who would disagree, and the override of that texture would destroy backward compatibility with pretty much everyone's existing rail lines. -DE
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!