• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

well... pollution never travels between cities xD

so you could have a really polluting dirty city in one place, some residental blocks just right beside it in another city, and those blocks won't dilapicate...

- Allan Kuan

Albus of Garaway

Hope you're having a happy New Year, David. I haven't posted here in a while, but seeing my name on the list made me smile, and I had to say something. Well, anyway, bravo on your accomplishments! They're really wonderful. And I promise I'll find time to stop by a say a word once in a while.

girlfromverona

Quote from: Glazert on January 02, 2009, 03:32:21 AM
This may sound odd, but looking at the work done on 3RR, and some other topics on SC4D with a rural or park theme, has made me look more closely at what I see in the real world.

LOL! That's not odd at all. I do the same thing. I especially love looking down at the world when I'm flying, and thinking about how I can incorporate what I see into my virtual cities.  :D

LE0

3rr seems like a very popular place, :)

Is it possible to have the fractional roads draggable , sort of like you would make diagonal streets, drag ahead 2 squares, right 1 square, and so on, and it becomes a fractional road, with helper piece for slopes?

But even if its not possible, i look forward to fractional roads, and rails and eventually other networks!
Leoland coming Spring 2009

allan_kuan1992

well... considering you're going against the game grid... that's impossible... so puzzle pieces only = (

- Allan Kuan

MassHelper

Hi, y'all.... I am back..... Been doing other things for the last three months, like playing CoD 4 and many other games.... I am going to try to catch with y'all at 3RR... BTW, Dave, Happy belated new year....

:) Mass
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

abcvs

Well I have just spent a pleasant couple of hours catching up again...  sorry about my absence over the holidays...

So Merry Christmas... Happy New Year...  congrats on the 200K...  (man it only seems like 5 minutes ago that I was taking the screenie for 170K!)...

I did ask a few pages ago... but my question kinda got buried... has there been a STR patch made for us left side drivers yet...cos I can't use it until there is...

Oh and it is currently 17 deg C here..  @  10.05 pm..

27 tommorrow..   ()stsfd()

allan_kuan1992

lucky xD

of course the seasons get reversed in the southern hemisphere.

In Vancouver we're getting snow... and possibly snow-rain mix over the next couple of hours. (NOOO... the snow's going >.<)

- Allan Kuan

rooker1

Happy New Year David, I wish you and your family the best for the New Year.

You are always up to some great and interesting things, I'm sure this year will be no different.

Robin  ;D
Call me Robin, please.

dedgren

Hi, remember me?

...used 'ta work around here...

Just kidding.  Anyway, I've been pretty much head-over-heels working on that project.

What project? 

...oh, you've got to be kidding...

Well, anyway...  I've been learning so much about transit textures that I took a bit of a break this afternoon and, just to see if it would work, did some "game" dual rail upgrades I've wanted to see for a long time.

Here's what you are doing today.

Here's what you can do later today...

...right after you stop at the 3RREX and download the file [linkie].  Put it wherever in your "Plugins" folder that you load things last from and start dragging away.

EDIT:  Here's another look.  I might lighten up the diagonal replacement texture just a bit (Done 090106 -ed.).  I'll let everyone know if I do, but it will automatically replace what you've already placed, so it's no big deal.

Much more shortly.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

BourneID

the link doent work...              ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:thumbsup:

EDITJohn Bourne, hey!  Wheesh, you guys are fast.  I'm just too linear.  It works now. -DE

Smile Y'all

deathtopumpkins

Wow, those look great David!  &apls Though I'd have to agree about the diagonal texture being too dark...

Oh, one question: Are these compatible with the SFBT Rail Texture Mod on the LEX?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Swamper77

I don't think David has added the grass or concrete like the SFBT mod does. It should work fine in rural areas, if it loads after the SFBT mod.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

deathtopumpkins

Ok then. I guess I'll find out. Thanks Swamper.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bwatterud

I had a feeling you'd end up doing something like this.  Looks great, and I can't wait to try it out. 

thundercrack83

Looking good, David!

I'm headed over to start downloading now!

bat

Nice upgraded textures there, David! ;)

FrankU

Even more amazing work!
Good to see that you survived New Years day.

Pat

David only a few days in and you are starting to blow us away again!!!! Or is that still???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

debutterfly

Nice textures David. I really like what you've done. -Larry (debutterfly)