• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szarkoz

You're truly taking the game to a new, higher level, David! That winding road looks phenomenal, even without any surroundings. Great job!
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

threestooges

At David's request, I've had the chance to fiddle with the FAR for a bit today, testing it on slopes, and wanted to post some pics of what I've done. David, I can resize the pics if need be.

The island I started with:

What it looks like with ordinary roads:

Now, most importantly, what the FAR (and the 45degree curves) can do:

David, I have a number of tests yet to do with this system, but so far I am quite impressed with it. I'll get back to you with a full review later this week, but so far it has been handling slopes reasonably well.
-Matt

mightygoose

holy moly, thats insane....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jplumbley

That is quite impressive...  :thumbsup:  I know I am one for long posts but, I dont really have anything more to say than that..  ::)
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

thundercrack83

I didn't get to testing the FAR yet, but...with work like that, Matt, I don't know what to even do!!! Magnificent work, my friend! Absolutely magnificent!

girlfromverona

That looks fantastic, Matt!  :thumbsup:  I'm just about to load up the game and check out the FAR pieces for myself. Will post some pics soon.

Darmok

Matt very good work on this test.
Seeing both road networks side by side, we can appreciate how much those new pieces will (warning... understatement ahead) enhance (now leaving understatement zone...) our gameplay!

That is simply unbelievable...
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

allan_kuan1992

Although i don't really like puzzle pieces (Maxis didn't consider roads in other degrees) they sure look nice on the terrain.

and Dedgren, I'm back to playing SC4, and I might give playing 3RR a second chance...

- Allan Kuan

EDITYou never lost the first one as far as I was concerned, Allan. -DE

bat

Fantastic new pictures there, David! And that island is looking really beautiful, threestooges! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Lucky Sevens...

We crossed this line at about 3:00 p.m. AST (GMT-9) yesterday.  The math speaks for itself.  Thank you, each and every 3RR Regular* and lurker alike.

Matt's (threestooges) island comparison speaks for itself as well.  Shows those little FAR buggers off to pretty good effect, I think.

日本からの私達の友人への挨拶。私達はあなたの訪問に感謝する。ありがとう。

Later.

David

*  A 3RR Regular, let it be known, is anyone who has ever commented at least once here, or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Masochist

Threestooges has me sold.  I'll buy 12 of these things!
(Under Construction)

threestooges

Huh, I wonder if it is too late to ask for a commission on sales... nah, playing with these things is fun enough on its own.

I did want to add one thing to the above pics: the intent of that test was two-fold: elevation change and flexibility within a small space. I'll take some time later today (hopefully) and find out just how much the elevation change was, but most of the road (except for that 45-degree stretch just past the bridge on the right) is FAR.

Congratulation too, David, for the lucky 7's mark. I have a feeling that figure will be climbing once we see what the other testers are coming up with.

-Matt

thundercrack83

日本からの私達の友人への挨拶。私達はあなたの訪問に感謝する。ありがとう。

I was thinking the same thing...well, I should say that I would be thinking the same thing if I knew what it was you were thinking here when you said what you were thinking...

Congratulations on those Magnificent 7s, David!

Dustin

Pat

&apls WOW OMG WOW!!!!!   David, Toichus said it so right we players are Hyperventilating here over such wonderful additions you start for the game...  You defiantly hit a winning and luckie 7's here David!!!

Matt I think you have a winning PIC COMP pic there with FAR out results lol...  by FAR I think its to late to take a commission on it lol... 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

debutterfly

i'm willing to give FAR a try and show my results...

BigSlark

FAR out man...

These are both of Costa del Tuskalusa's Regional (or Rural, depending on who you ask) Route 905, the original routing of National Route 5 dating from the 1920's. This old road is the link between a handful of rural mountain communities in the far eastern throes of the region. The New U.S. 5 can be seen in the bottom right corner of the second picture, following the same grade as the older, better graded railroad line.

Cheers,
Kevin

superhands

geezz... david, that quad, twin glacier looks a treat with the FAR :thumbsup:

dave

Pat

oooh wow Kevin that is sweeet FAR out man!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

Nice testing Kevin... cant wait for Alex to send them my way.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

thundercrack83

Hey, good work with the FAR, Kevin! I like how you incorporated the rails, too!

Dustin