• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

szarkoz

Take that, grid system!

Fantastic work David. You never cease to impress me.
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

dedgren

Lightened right up!

I hope it's not hunting season...

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

I'm speechless, David!

The way you continue to come up with this seemingly small, yet completely revolutionary ideas for not only 3RR, but for the entire community is absolutely amazing, my friend. We need to give you a medal!

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

Ryan B.

Quote from: dedgren on May 02, 2008, 11:42:14 AM
I hope it's not hunting season...

Too late, David - I've got that 'deer-in-the-headlights' look.   :P

freedo50

What the...

You can't do that! That's like... just... wow...
David, you continue to surprise, even when I come in here expecting to be shown awesome stuff, you go and do something twice as good as I was expecting. You are a true master.

Fred

Jmouse

Pat

WOW!!!!!!!

Jaw Dropping activities here David this is truely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Wow!  Those road curves are Sick! (And I don't say sick too often!)

Great work dedgren! 

mightygoose

stunning work, i know you don't normally do requests but i always wanted some tighter wide radius curves for the 90 corners... like a 2x2/3x3 90 and a 3x3/4x4 straight u-turn for mountain road work.... the normal curves still don't quite cut it and the current wide radius curves are too big :( but anyway your current work is still awesomesauce
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

OK, I've got the "long curve" transition worked out.

I hadn't really thought this through beyond fractional angle tangent sections between two curves.  Of course, there's a world of stuff that could be added- RR crossings. intersections, curves starting from 45 degree segments.  I need to be disciplined enough to do what I started though- I conceived these for a specific need in a collaboration quad, and that remains priority numero uno.  I also have, I think, about six "honors" posts in various degrees of completion, not to mention the remaining fenceline pieces.

And, I have this crazy idea about using the SAM as a way to get around the "I need sidewalks in some places but not in others" problem.

So we'll see.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

I have to say David.... (even tho its a contradiction) I AM SPEECHLESS!... you sir, are magic... that can be the only valid explanation

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

&apls  thats all I can muster to do at this moment david!!!! WOW

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nardo69

David, I just hopped through the last pages because of your birthday PM to me and, hey, I must have been blind, dumb and deaf for not coming for such a long time ...

These fractional streets are great, something I always missed - at least as 2:1 and 3:1

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

threestooges

David,
Absolutely great work. I wish I could post more here but time as you might guess has been a bit busy (almost 1/2 way done with finals though). One question I have though is, while I know that these look to be designed for rural settings, and that trees can be plopped right next to the road, can buildings be developed/plopped/sustained roadside as well? Incidentally, if you are interested, since Pat's post marking 74200, I have since made it 74347. Not suprising though considering what you've been up to. Take it easy.
-Matt

bat

Fantastic work there on the roads, David! :thumbsup:

Gaston

Quote from: mightygoose on May 02, 2008, 01:47:37 PM
stunning work, i know you don't normally do requests but i always wanted some tighter wide radius curves for the 90 corners... like a 2x2/3x3 90 and a 3x3/4x4 straight u-turn for mountain road work.... the normal curves still don't quite cut it and the current wide radius curves are too big :( but anyway your current work is still awesomesauce
I have thought the same thing, myself.    With all the great slope mods out there, I find myself making alot of switchbacks [ linkie1 ] [ linkie2 (just for fun) ] to be able to transition the slopes in a tighter area.   The only way to do it now looks so choppy when compared to these fantastic smooth curves.    Anyone willing to try and create switchbacks?

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

Like James Brown [linkie] 'sez...

3,499... Hah!

We'll be all of us having a great weekend, won't we?

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Rayden

Nice work David. what a gigantic work you're having. I just can imagine what would be the region view. ;)

..... Hahhh - 3500 &dance

CasperVg

My first comment here, although I've been lurking for quite a time now. I'm quite (no, that's not the good word) very (nah, still to soft) flat-out stunned (that'll do) by the most impressive works I've seen here. I hope to see those curves in the NAM someday and I hope to be able to follow this wonderful work of all who co-operate and Dedgren David in special.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube