• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  David you never ever ceast to amaze me!!! I just love how you are setting up the nature and the quad in general!!!! I just couldnt imagine any changes would be needed cept for building the town lol....  The only change I could think of being made would to be define the river banks a bit more other then that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Absolutely gorgeous.

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Luca is in for one heck of a treat (as are the rest of us if the other quads are even half as good) when the quads go out. It's a fine thing you've created here. I hope we can give it the justice it deserves.

freedo50

As I'm sure you know David (after all, you seem to know everything else :P) I generally just lurk around here, but the beauty of this update has compelled me to post. It's just the most amazing thing I think I've ever seen done with the game's rural aspect. It all just looks so perfect and believable. I think you deserve a karma point too  ;).

Fred

thundercrack83

Quote from: Jmouse on April 26, 2008, 02:21:30 PM
Absolutely gorgeous.

Later...
Joan

I concur! Great work, David!

Dustin

quackmofro

It really looks like the region is coming together now. Well, the rural areas sure are, anyway. The groves of trees look so true to real life that it really makes me want to take a drive tomorrow through the Texas countryside. Astounding work.

Also, the fence lots can wait as long as you ration your time and stay well. Just one quick question, and forgive me if this was already addressed: Seeing as there will be 150 lots in this pack, will there be an MML included with it?

dedgren

Just a couple of transportation teasers from Daniel's (Shadow Assassin) quad Grass NW.

Current western end of F-28 just south of Highland.

Minor road partial interchange.

I've been going back over some stuff updating with the current SAM.  It goes pretty fast when you know what the completed collaboration quad is supposed to look like.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

Looking AMAZING like usual David, thanks for sharing your progress with us mere mortals

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

Quote from: dedgren on April 27, 2008, 12:49:41 PM

I've been going back over some stuff updating with the current SAM.  It goes pretty fast when you know what the completed collaboration quad is supposed to look like.

Later.

David[/size]

Im looking forward to seeing how the great 3RR will take the latest developements of SAM into account!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Yoman

David,

I'm going to have to inform you that I'm going to be unavailable for at least a week beginning Tuesday, the reason, Grand Theft Auto IV :P

girlfromverona

Quote from: threestooges on April 26, 2008, 12:15:22 AMThe only thing 'missing' might be some stop signs.

Good point! Anyone willing to try making one, or know where one is available?

David, those pics look amazingly realistic! I can't wait to see what the 3RR region will look like with some buildings. :)

Gaston

Quote from: dedgren on April 27, 2008, 12:49:41 PM

Minor road partial interchange.

Later.

David[/size][/font]

David,
    How do you make the connection from the off-ramp to the road?      I cannot seem to make it work.   Is there a RHW/MIS tutorial somewhere I haven't noticed?   Okay I found it.   [linkie]

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Darmok

I concur with Gaston, same thing here... every time I tried the result where.... unsatisfactory..

EDITED

Gaston thanks for the link.... but my problem is with step 6 and 7. I still haven't found a way to stretch it.... oh well back to the drawing board...
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

Gaston

Darmok,
    Same for me.    I can't seem to make it work right.     Guess I'll keep trying.    &mmm

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

BigSlark

Looking great, David. I'm still itching to start Collaborating!  ;D

Hope all is well in Wasilla and that spring has finally sprung.

Darmok and Gaston, my newly reminted PC can handle SC4 and Fraps, so I'll make a video about the RHW one of these days soon. I just need to spend a few hours on my editing skills.

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

Back on just a minute before late this evening- I see Al and John's questions about the MIS interchanges- I'll see if I can work up a little tutorial after dinner.

This, though, can't wait...

That's Grass NW, Daniel's (Shadow Assassin) quad again.  The F-28 freeway comes in from the east (right) and terminates just south of the City of Highland.  Same for the Highland Spur line of the DW&W.  The long valley with the road up it is Grass Valley, which takes its name from the Grass River, which rises in the upper valley and flows into the Wind River off the map to the north.  The mines in the area are on the west side of the valley.  The west (left) edge of the quad is the 3RR-U.S. border, so no roads cross off in that direction.  The large mountain in the southwest (lower right) corner of the quad is Old Woman Mountain, at 2,215 feet/675 meters.

Here's the easier on the eyes version [linkie], which imho is worth a look.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

SA's quad looks extraordinary, David! And I love your work with the SAM above, too! Excellent job, as always, my friend!

Dustin

meldolion

David, what you have done with my quad is AMAZING!!!! I simply cannot start to think how touch such beauty when you'll hand the quad to me :D

Great work!!!

p.s. How the Health is going?

EDITBP's still up a little too high, Luca.  Heather's really taking good care of me, though.  My thanks to you, my friend, and to all who have asked.

It'll be great to see the quad out to you, too
. -DE

dedgren

This, in response to Al (Gaston) and John's (Darmok) pleas, is all I know about building MIS ramps for a diamond interchange in about eight easy steps.

Please note that this is not an official tutorial, and I may not be doing this "by the book."  Works for me, though.

Start out with a nice tidy road overpass bridging RHW-4.

Select the "RHW4/MIS-1 Exit Ramp-Style B" from the RHW puzzle pieces and plop it with the end of the ramp at least 7 gridsquares back from the overpass.

Return to the "Highways" submenu and left-mouse click on the RHW drag icon at the top.

Return the cursor the the exit ramp starter plopped a moment ago and position it in the gridsquare over the "starter" end piece of the ramp.

Left-mouse click-drag the starter end piece on a diagonal toward the road.

When you are where you want to start the curve, stop and release the button- your ramp should look like this after the construction.

Now, without returning to the submenu, position the cursor over the new starter end piece at the end of the extended ramp.

Left-mouse click-drag straight over to the road.

Release the button and you should now have an exit ramp.

Practice makes perfect.  I haven't yet produced a spiral ramp I'd show anyone.  It helps, btw, to prepare the area where the ramp will go as flat as possible.

Good luck.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...