• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camaro_69_327

Lol .......lDo u always try to get the 999 post ....

I wanted to say I have finally got this region loaded......WOW this is huge I even started iron hook ....mine dont have the river for that area so I added it in .......this is gonna be fun

I even traced the Screen so as to get it right in the game....lol

Also for the Road placement!

Edited***
I really hope that I am not doing anything wrong But I plan on recreating this as much as I can.....Another Question Comes to mind Is it alright to post pics here once in awhile for ummm.... input from the masters????

As joe below also noted Seams you get that final 99 post most of the time ........probably just you moving things along cause not everyone wants to be not on the 00 post . heheheh

Pat

LoL David I notice that as well that you tend to always snag the 999 post lol... I cant wait to see what honor you come up with for Joe!!!!

NB: LOL so Im a joe below I thought I was a Pat below lol......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ryan B.

David needs another CML that says "x999'.   :P

bat

Looking forward to more and congrats to star.torturer for the 3400th reply here and also congrats for more than 3400 replies, David! ;)

superhands

Quote from: Bishop Hawke on April 18, 2008, 08:49:20 AM
Man I love the under road culvert you have there. It looks real and gives the road a much more realeffect. Nice Job David.

EDITHey, BH!  I really like it, too.  I need to talk with the master (our friend jeronij) about maybe giving us a darker stone color alternative, but it's hard to improve otherwise.  I'd love to see some ambitious BATter give us a "plain vanilla" culvert- big, round (about 80 percent exposed above grade) and made from concrete -DE

Is this what you had in mind? ::)

EDITHeck, yes!  Here's, for the puzzled, the pic I posted in the above edit.

Figure out a way we can slide one of those (we'd have to split it into two ends, I'm sure) into the side of an embankment like with jeronij's stone culverts, and we're in business!
-DE

dedgren

I'm paying at work for the time I took off last month when I wasn't doing real well.  I apologize for the hold up- things are slowly improving.

Here's a few more random pics from Luca's (meldolion) Tower NE quad, which I'm using as a testbed for the fenceline stuff.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Im soo breathless here David wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

I dont know how you do it, but you amaze me EVERY TIME you do anything....

must be magic LOL

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

girlfromverona

Wow! You totally put my rural areas to shame. ;)

thundercrack83

Beautiful, as always, David! Absolutely beautiful, my friend!

And don't work too hard, whether it be at work or on 3RR!

Dustin

bat

That are one of the most beautiful pictures here at this project! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Just a quick pic before a very late bedtime this evening.

I'll have more time over the weekend.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

jayo

Great work  :P Is the field in the bottom right corner the ingame texture or a custom one  ???

EDITThat is Brian's (c.p./cycledogg) great Columbus Terrain Mod game texture. -DE
I'm back

Pat

&apls David that is simply stunning there!!! WOW Im drooling.....

thundercrack83

I'm amazed at how I can be mesmerized by a single picture--but then again, I am here in 3RR, and in 3RR, that's par for the course!

Dustin

threestooges

Splendid work as always. The only thing 'missing' might be some stop signs. We've just entered the reading period (calm before the storm of finals) so I may not be around for a bit, or at least commenting. Hopefully I'll get in every once in a while between studying, but I know when I do there will certainly be great things to see. Hope all is well.
-Matt

jacqulina

awesome david i love every step &apls &apls

bat

That is looking soooo beautiful, David!

BigSlark

What you've managed to create is scarily realistic, David. The only thing I see missing (and I imagine it would be VERY difficult to pull off) are the four to eight foot deep ditches you find between rural roads and fields in the Midwest. None the less, great work and I'm looking forward to playing with the finished product! :D

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

Just a bit more

...I'm sort of stalling here- I have other commitments today and can't sit down for the eight hours or so I need to to get a particular thing launched, so once again I'll ask you to bear with me.

These are again from Luca's quad Tower NE.  What you see is how the collaborator will get the quad- tweaking the natural environment and then creating the built environment is up to him or her from there.

So, here goes.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...