• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCFC

Here's a sum of my questions for David to answer easier later on in one round:

1. Am I allowed to make my own town?
2. Can I add a rail line?
3. Am I allowed to add parks, camps, and other things not on the map but what's available on the map?
4. Why am I so addicted to this region called '3RR'?
5. Let me confirm these even though I won't do this: Can we use the god tools and mayor tools to reshape the land or not?
6. Anything other people have asked.
7. Why do I have "3RR Team" by my name, is it because I'm in the collaboration team?
NOTE: I added about 4 questions above, otherwise they are all what I asked in earlier posts. :)

Did I ask anything else? But, there you go David, it's now easier for you.

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

nerdly_dood

Quote from: mightygoose on March 20, 2009, 06:29:14 PM
the water mod on that last picture looks so unrealistic.....

Real life doesn't have water mods! $%Grinno$% Those are satellite photographs! :D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

mightygoose

Quote from: nerdly_dood on March 20, 2009, 07:28:34 PM
Real life doesn't have water mods! $%Grinno$% Those are satellite photographs! :D

Wow, lucky I don't have to spell out blatent sarcasm....  :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Pat

*snickers and runs in the other direction*

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

excellent John, excellent :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CCFC

This topic has been dead for hours, I bet David is working hard on something big for us like delivering the quads. I'm ready for anything he throws at us. So then this topic has been dead for 7 and a half hours, almost a good 8 hours. David hasn't been around for 2 days, so he must have something big for us, so big he is preparing a post right now without us knowing. Okay David, I'm ready!

dedgren

Checking in...

I have obligations today, so won't be back on until late this evening.  I'll respond to a bunch of posts and PMs at that time.

Two quads will go out this weekend.

Can anyone guess which ones they are?

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

CCFC

Could one of them be mine? I've been waiting days, so I guess mine. Let's see how accurate I am. Or it is going to be 2 other people, and I need to wait longer. Oh, how about #1 and #2? Those seem to be on the list first, so I might have to wait longer. Oh, the suspense is killing me. I really want to do the quad thing now. Oh well, I can wait.

BigSlark

Quote from: CCFC on March 21, 2009, 12:26:56 PM
Could one of them be mine? I've been waiting days, so I guess mine. Let's see how accurate I am. Or it is going to be 2 other people, and I need to wait longer. Oh, how about #1 and #2? Those seem to be on the list first, so I might have to wait longer. Oh, the suspense is killing me. I really want to do the quad thing now. Oh well, I can wait.

I've been patiently waiting for my quad for years, mate. Patience is a necessity for the 3RR Collaboration and it has proved to be well worth it. Virtually none of the really neat transportation options (FARR, FAR, SAM street curves, trail paths) existed when the first hints of collaboration were mentioned, for example.

Have faith in David, I've got an inkling he'll come through for us very soon.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Kevin

CCFC

Quote from: BigSlark on March 21, 2009, 06:38:42 PM
I've been patiently waiting for my quad for years, mate. Patience is a necessity for the 3RR Collaboration and it has proved to be well worth it. Virtually none of the really neat transportation options (FARR, FAR, SAM street curves, trail paths) existed when the first hints of collaboration were mentioned, for example.

Have faith in David, I've got an inkling he'll come through for us very soon.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Kevin
After I got past saying myself, I thought of other peope who waited years since I saw a check-in for 2008, so I know I will most likely wait a few weeks for mine. I can sit back, relax, and prepare. I do need to get off my rock of playing The Sims 2 and get playing SimCity 4 again, more often.

mightygoose

CCFC is there a particular reason that 91% of your career posts have been in this thread. I do not want to insult or degrade your enthusiasm but there is a big site out there, go explore. :)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

CCFC

Quote from: mightygoose on March 21, 2009, 08:14:46 PM
CCFC is there a particular reason that 91% of your career posts have been in this thread. I do not want to insult or degrade your enthusiasm but there is a big site out there, go explore. :)
I've tried to explore, but it's such so big. Here's what I'll do, I'll take a vacation from here for the next 12-18 hours and explore and post in other topics not in the 3RR, and then come back from my vacation. So, see you all. I'm going to bed and catching up for my 'vacation' as I'll call it. Hey, this will bring something new to this wonderful region hopefully. Oh, David might throw me for a big loop.

just_a_guy

Wow, that second pic looks beautiful!

Quote from: BigSlark on March 21, 2009, 06:38:42 PM
Virtually none of the really neat transportation options (FARR, FAR, SAM street curves, trail paths) existed when the first hints of collaboration were mentioned, for example.

That's true, when the collaborations were going to begin for the first time, none of those options above were available to us. It's thanks to that that the 3RR has such stunning rural pictures (personally of course).
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

flame1396

Hi there, I'm reading from where I left off (page 80 or so) and am now on page 300 and I must say you have really outdone yourself with the single track rail. I assume it is in the NAM now and I plan to play with it very soon after I install SC4 and a rudimentary plug-in setup on my computer.

One word sums it up... wow...

Not to mention the FAR and FARR which are insane... Really the things you and some others (Chrisadams chiefly) are seriously changing the way I play. I'm going to in fact re-lot everything in my old plug-in folder and make my game flow seamlessly from rural to urban. Everything seasonal and seamless. Thanks for enabling this and thanks for giving me something really cool to play around with. Your projects, among others, have given me an escape from the real world and all of its pressures and, consequentially, you have helped me deal with my depression (or at least given me something to turn negative brooding into positive - if trivial - output)... Illuminating a light in the gloominess of my head. &idea Perhaps it is hard to comprehend what I mean, and that's alright, I don't expect you to understand, but I would like you to have my thanks.

Your faintly-flickering fan,
flame1396
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

mayorfabz

Something is just not right...

NO ONE HAS BEEN POSTING ANYTHING ON THIS THREAD FOR THE PAST 18 HOURS ! What the heck is going on ? This certainly is unusual, even worrysome. Guys, let me just remind you we've got this 500.000 post objective to reach, let's not get distracted by Saint Patrick's Day Parades or MLS Expansions or NFL games or whatever. Be focused !

Has anyone found any other suggestion with respect to city names meaning "3 Rivers" around the world ? Just out of curiosity...

Have a nice day, please post something soon, this is starting to give me the creeps  :bomb:

Sunny greetings from Montreal
Fabien

thundercrack83

Folks,

Please relax.

When David has something to post, he will do so, and not before. As our friend mightygoose said--it's a big site, go and explore! Believe me, when David posts something, you'll know it!

Dustin

flame1396

Yep, and you'll appreciate it too...
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

David those pics looking great there wow!!!

I agree there is a lot happening here at SC4D other then 3RR, there is Bordertown, there is the MD's Sections which range from

There are the developments from the various Teams here IE BSC, ITC, NAM... Then there is the Bat and Lot and Modders threads here as well from individuals... There is the famous Bridge engineers thread here too as well... I think its really safe to say that Sim City 4 Devotions is truly a massive site with a lot of goodies too offer...

Go have fun and check back soon, I know I will and I cant wait till David post again  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Rayden

For the really impatient ones, one good advise, try to read this thread from page 1 and you'll learn something new, trust me ;) After you do, come and post again  ;D

mayorfabz

Quote from: Pat on March 22, 2009, 09:54:28 PM
David those pics looking great there wow!!!

I agree there is a lot happening here at SC4D other then 3RR, there is Bordertown, there is the MD's Sections which range from

There are the developments from the various Teams here IE BSC, ITC, NAM... Then there is the Bat and Lot and Modders threads here as well from individuals... There is the famous Bridge engineers thread here too as well... I think its really safe to say that Sim City 4 Devotions is truly a massive site with a lot of goodies too offer...

Go have fun and check back soon, I know I will and I cant wait till David post again  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip and the list, Pat. I stumbled upon GRV II for example and it seems quite fun.
It will give me something to chew upon in the meantime...
I just hope David is fine.

Sunny (though chilly: -4C) greetings from Montreal
Fabien