• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

There's some sort of glitch at pic # 2 or I dunno &mmm, but I think you know that already.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

inspecter

Nice. I can't wait to use the STR.

girlfromverona

In recognition of your services to SimCity 4, I hereby dub thee Knight. Arise, Sir David!  ;D

frdrcklim: I'm not seeing any glitches, but then again I can be a bit blind sometimes... Which section of track are you talking about?

Pat

OMG David and I thought only a little bit of excitment would happen but I was wrong... Those tracks are just simply stunning!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sithlrd98

I think I broke it.......

Most of my STR files are from Dec. , I don't remember seeing any new ones.
All the updated textures look great together! Now if we could just Rul out the piece we were talking about a few pages back , were golden!(Ecept for my missing track of course! :D)

Jayson

EDITWell then, we'll have to give you some to see, my friend.  -DE

CaptCity

David,

New textures looking good!  :thumbsup:

I think I 'broke' the same piece Jayson did.  ;) If I rememebr right, that piece had been coming out with double tracks on the diagonal.

One more question... I noticed in the last pic of your most recent post that you had a few things crossing the diagonal STR, specifically the road. Is that crossing functional (pathed)? The only thing I get that works across diagonal STR is a diagonal road. All other crossings aren't pathed.

Just wondering...
CaptCity

EDIT: Guess I spoke too soon... New beta has it all covered.  :thumbsup:

niktest

Thanks for the beta package, David!  :thumbsup:
It's a shame I've got to work today, otherwise I'd have already been playing with them.  $%Grinno$%

Just to say it another time: magnificent work David!  &apls
   Nicola

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Orange_o_

Oh my god David, your work is impressive. I have just discovered what you made it is stunning

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

dedgren

STR Beta [download linkie].

Told you there was something else to do today.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Great!

You post something like this when it's 4:00 AM here in Pennsylvania! Looks like I'll be seeing the sun come up today...

But that's OK, it's worth it!

Thanks, David!

Dustin

threestooges

Congratulations on the successful release of the beta David, sorry I couldn't have been more help putting it all together. Looking forward to what you'll come up with next. Also, out of curiousity, did you get the diagonal signs? I should have some time to export the FARR angles sometime this week. Until then, take it easy.
-Matt

EDITMatt, I've been so busy with stuff I haven't looked at my email box for over a week.  What you've sent me is probably buried under a ton of spam- I'll get out my pitchfork today and start looking.  Thanks so much, and I haven't forgotten the spreadsheets. -DE

Alfred.Jones

Thanks David!

You have done some amazing work!

Sim City 4 Devotion

ebina

Very nice work on the DTR upgrade. It seems that you made every texture in the same brightness. Here's a list of rail textures used by puzzle pieces and model based tiles, which need to be darkened. Next time you update the textures please take this into account.

zzz-Dual_Rail_Texture_NAM1_Set_Upgrade_beta_090208.dat
0x0300050A-E : Orthogonal Rail Ending under Diagonal Elevated Networks
0x5F332C00-4 : Double Diagonal Rails under Elevated Networks
0x5F33FC00-4 : Rail x Rail Crossing under Diagonal Elevated Networks

zzz-Dual_Rail_Texture_NAM2_Set_Upgrade_beta_090208.dat
0x53080000-4 : Diagonal Rail under Elevated Networks
0x53080005-9 : Old Viaduct Orthogonal to Diagonal 1*1
0x5308000A-E : Old Viaduct Orthogonal to Diagonal 2 *1
0x53080010-4 : Double Diagonal Rails under Elevated Networks
0x5313B700-4 : Orthogonal Rail under Elevated Networks
0x53191E20-4 : Viaduct Rail x Rail Crossing
0x53264ED0-4 : Viaduct Diagonal to Orthogonal Switch 1
0x53264EE0-4 : Viaduct Orthogonal to Diagonal Switch 1
0x53264EF0-4 : Viaduct Diagonal Rail
0x53264FD0-4 : Viaduct Diagonal to Orthogonal Switch 2
0x53264FE0-4 : Viaduct Orthogonal to Diagonal Switch 2
0x53264FF0-4 : Viaduct Diagonal Rail
0x532651F5-9 : Viaduct Orthogonal to Diagonal 1
0x532651FA-E : Viaduct Orthogonal to Diagonal 2
0x53269005-9 : Old Viaduct Orthogonal Rail with Wall*1
0x532690F0-4 : Viaduct Orthogonal Rail with Wall*2

*1 - This set can be omitted since this is for the old viaduct which looks like Maxis Elevated Rails. Not used by ArkenbergeJoe's viaduct excluding preview models. I'll edit preview models later to remove unused textures.
*2 - NetworkAddonMod_Rail_Viaduct_Style_Brown.dat and NetworkAddonMod_Rail_Viaduct_Style_Red.dat also include the same set of textures with different style of wall.

Of textures used for the viaduct, you will need to make them in a different way than ground rails. With DTR Upgrade 090208 they look like floating. Ballast or some kind of flooring is needed between tracks. Switches need extra floor between wall.

EDITThank you, my friend, for this input.  I have addressed the points you've raised in this post [linkie] and have also posted a new beta there that removes the textures you have listed pending my figuring things out. -DE

FrankU

David, WOW!

I downloaded both the STR and the Texture upgrade... But how to install them?

The Texture Upgrade gives me four ZZZ-*.dat files. Should I install all four of them? Or just one? The readme is not completely clear to me, maybe just because of my rusty english...

And then: both downloads contain a NetworkAddonMod_controller.dat of which the one in the STR download is larger and more recent (by one kilobyte and one minute!). So I guess I should install that one?

And if I want to uninstall them both, I guess I should put the old NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat file (the one that is now in my folder) back into place? So it is wise if I keep that in an secure place?

Thank you so much!

EDITFrank- Your questions are so good that I've responded in a new post here [linkie]. -DE

Dark_Jedi06

I can't believe I'm finally using the STR... &cry2

So awesome!! :'(

:satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...

mitch

feeling guilty,
been lurking here for a long time taking advantage of the great things that come out of here as well as all the inspirational material. Sincerely thanks for another great addition!

Mitch

EDITThe only reason to feel guilty after this is if we don't keep hearing from you from time to time.  Welcome aboard, and thanks so much for the kind words! -DE

dedgren

Well, good morning.

I apologize to everyone- there's been a lot of RL stuff going on the past two weeks, and it's been difficult to keep up the usual pace here at 3RR while I worked pretty much every spare minute doing the rail textures.  I have time for just a few things this morning, then I need to head back to the books, as I have a brief due that pretty much needs to be written today.  Let me address the posts by ebina and Frank (FrankU).

ebina, I am aware of the whole "dark texture" issue simply through seeing references to it.  Beyond that, while I'm sure I could make the adjustments, I don't know any of the technical stuff in the background.  I will round the textures you listed up, but it would be very helpful if you could point me at what to look at, reference-wise, so that I can gain an understanding of what is involved.  I have a couple of other questions that I will send in a PM.

Frank, as I noted in my edit of your post, good questions.  I was in a hurry last night at the end of a long day.

QuoteI downloaded both the STR and the Texture upgrade... But how to install them?

The Texture Upgrade gives me four ZZZ-*.dat files. Should I install all four of them? Or just one? The readme is not completely clear to me, maybe just because of my rusty english...

Not your rusty English at all, my friend- I was in High Gibberish mode when I wrote that.  For the texture upgrade, there is one "load-last" ("zzz") file each for the game default dual track retextures, the NAM1 file DT retextures, the NAM2 DT retextures, and the STR DT (now there's a seeming contradiction in terms- these are the four (oxo, oxd, dxo, and dxd) STR across DT crossings) retextures.  So, all of them should be put in your Plugins folder in a subfolder that loads after everything else, to include the Network Addon Mod subfolder.

QuoteAnd then: both downloads contain a NetworkAddonMod_controller.dat of which the one in the STR download is larger and more recent (by one kilobyte and one minute!). So I guess I should install that one?

For folks who will just use the texture upgrade, the NetworkAddonMod_controller.dat file that came with the beta package should be installed.  For folks who will use both, or who will just use the STR beta, install the NetworkAddonMod_controller.dat file that came with it, as it is the later of the two.

QuoteAnd if I want to uninstall them both, I guess I should put the old NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat file (the one that is now in my folder) back into place? So it is wise if I keep that in an secure place?

You can rename your OEM (original equipment manufacture) NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat to NetworkAddonMod_Controller.bak and leave it right in the Network Addon Mod subfolder.  That way, if you want to stop using the betas, you can just restore it by removing the NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat that came with the beta and return the .bak extension on the other to .dat.

Good luck.

UPDATE:  I've now posted an update of the Dual Track Texture Upgrade beta here [download linkie].  It has a more clear readme, removes the textures ebina notes in this post [linkie] until I can figure them out, and replaces texture 0x03aa6300 with a better looking version.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

niktest

First of all: excellent job! You made me almost crying of joy just thinking at the so many new possibilites this system offers! Dock railways, industrial environment, junctions...  $%Grinno$%

Second: have wye junctions already been textured/implemented? If yes, Am I missing something? ???

Third: most level crossings does not have signalling lights. Is this a choice? Anyway, the following few are the only ones in which signalling lights do appear.

Thanks David! The whole work is really astounding!  :thumbsup:
   Nicola

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

meinhosen

David,
Where to begin?   Eleven months of inactivity on my part doesn't make the whole going back and reading the missed updates any easier, nor does simply saying "I'm impressed" sum up hundreds (is it really that many?) additions you've made to 3RR.

As always, your in depth side stories (the electric history of 3RRs electricity, although a while ago, was one of my favorites) are continually impressive and make for fun reading.  What I've enjoyed the most are seeing all the new things that have been cooked up in the region, threads, and related threads that have changed the game so much over the past months.  I think I rejoined just in time to see something amazing with the single-track RR and the redone RR textures, but I've still got a lot of catching-up to do with all the stuff that's been posted.

Beautiful work.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

sithlrd98

OK , I'm back with some more pics! First , thanks for fixin my broken tracks! Although I'm not sure whats up with diag rail x road at the top (not sure if that's correct or missed)

Second , Over at Johns site , the question came up about adding a base texture to the STR and FARR. I'm puzzled as to why a base is needed for the draggable STR?

I'm just using my sidewalk mod , slightly modified , and it draws a base.

And lastly , can this be removed? This is the piece I was eluding to last night.

Again , thanks for all the hard work , and as far as what was posted at Johns' , I would love to help tackle that , I only wish my texturing skills were better!

Jayson