• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packersfan

Replies:

dossenaandrea: Hi!
where did u find the big baseball stadium? the one from update 61 u renamed capital stadium?
thanks

I believe it is Houston's Minute Maid Park from teemu_om.  Check out this thread on Simtropolis and search STEX and LEX and see if you can find it.

vinlabsc3k: Happy New Year!!
Great update!!
If possible, can you make the next update or the one after that focused on the extension of I-255 along the coast to the Works, pass Willms Bay Mouth to East Flats and merge into N Lakefront Dr or the intersection between I-255 and I-80 after the Christina river?

Well, you're in luck, the next few updates will cover the interchange between I-255, I-680, I-80, I-55, and N-41 south of the Christina River.  I do need to complete I-255 up there by the works and the flats, hehe.

art128: That reliant Stadium sure is big. it stands out a lot on the region view. Speaking of region view, how big is it now? 2 millions?

Wonderful work on this new area. I've never seen that church before but it looks great there.

I think the region is just under 2 million.

w_swietwoot: That region view is defenitly great!

Thanks!  Point of pride :)

benedict: Well done, your MD was number one on BTT for the weeks ending 6th and 13th November. Excellent update.  I like the attention to detail on the street map - the road number shields for example are consistent, and well-thought out.

Cool!  I don't follow the BTT over here as closely.  I never thought I had much activity over here.

Yep, I try to make sure everything is consistent and right on the map.  Of course, messed up things can happen, but that also happens in real life on maps and even more so on the actual ground!

packersfan

Update 108 - Maidens Interchange - North I-55 / West I-80 Approach
I am really excited to show off this interchange.  Yes, yes, it would be FAR better if I had used the RHW, but it is what it is.  I'm more comfortable with the Maxis stuff (I know what I can do).  This took a lot of work to figure out the mileage and make signs and then I got really intrepid and stuck the signs into the pictures and the terrain!

Today, we will examine this interchange from the point of view of North Interdistrict Highway 55 and West I-80.

We'll start as I-55 / I-80 goes under Newbridge Road (District Highway 230).

I bet other people have done this, even going as far as making IN-GAME props of highway signs, but I'm proud of it.

National Highway 41 travels along with I-55 and I-80 but at this point exits and joins with I-255.

Exit 71 A.

Ramp carrying traffic from South I-255 to North I-55 / West I-80 merging.

Ramp carrying traffic from East I-680 to North I-55 / West I-80 merging.

Exit 71 B to West I-680.

Maidens Road overpass.

A little overview of the area with some superimposed signs.

You are here.

I'm really excited about this update.  Once I got the signs and stuff really put together and knew what I was doing, it became a load of fun.  I also got this update finished on Thursday, January 8th!  That means time to play the game itself and get future updates ready.  The next update will be the interchange from either South I-255 or South I-55 / East I-80 approach.  The approach from East I-680 will have to wait as I haven't finished building the whole freeway, and I don't know the mileage for this interchange from that approach, yet.  WHAT DO YOU THINK!?? 

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.  This is A NEW LINK as the old LINK was dead!

dossenaandrea

it would be really cool if u could update the links for the old pictures...at least for the downtown and the airport...i'm really curious to see what u have created there!
thanks

dwelln8hss32

Well I am just FLOORED. I can't believe I am just now viewing this MD. Shame, shame on me. The sheer size, scope, and detail of your project is absolutely breathtaking. I certainly intend on stopping in to catch these updates. Just... WOW!
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

carlfatal

Great work again on the intersection!  &apls
It´s always a pleasure to look in here, keep it up!  :thumbsup:

c.p.

The region view is outstanding.  :thumbsup: The full District of Wenzel street map is mind-boggling :o

benedict

Another excellent update.

And congratulations again - your MD was number one on BTT Dec 11th.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

packersfan

Replies:

dossenaandrea: it would be really cool if u could update the links for the old pictures...at least for the downtown and the airport...i'm really curious to see what u have created there!
thanks

I've updated all the picture links through Update 60, I think.  I think after that all the links are fine, but I'm still working on updating them to my imgur links.

dwelln8hss32: Well I am just FLOORED. I can't believe I am just now viewing this MD. Shame, shame on me. The sheer size, scope, and detail of your project is absolutely breathtaking. I certainly intend on stopping in to catch these updates. Just... WOW!

Glad to have a new follower.  Thanks!

carlfatal: Great work again on the intersection!
It's always a pleasure to look in here, keep it up!

Thank you very much.

c.p.: The region view is outstanding.  The full District of Wenzel street map is mind-boggling.

Thanks.  It is the first of its kind...I want to say.

benedict: Another excellent update.

And congratulations again - your MD was number one on BTT Dec 11th.

Cool.  Thanks!

packersfan

Update 109 - Maidens Interchange - South I-55 / East I-80 Approach
Here is an update VERY similar to last week.  Here is Maidens Interchange from the South Interdistrict Highway 55 and East Interdistrict Highway 80 approach.

I-55 / I-80 passing south under Maidens Road.

Exit 71 B.

I-55 / I-80 passing south under I-255 / I-680 bridge.

Exit 71A.

Ramp from East I-680 and South 41 / South I-255 to South I-55 / East I-80.

Advanced guide sign for Exit 70 - County Highway Q (Cardwell Road).  This exit also serves as a route to District Highway 230 to the west

National Highway 41 joins I-80 and I-55.

You are here.

Now I need to get to work building up some more areas to explore!  I also need to figure out how to get some traffic generators to work.  None of the lots I have work anymore. 

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.  This is A NEW LINK as the old LINK was dead!

vinlabsc3k

Great roadgeekery!! &apls &apls &apls

Are the road signs in-game real or photoshopped? ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

packersfan

Update 110 - City of North St. Paul, St. Mark High School, and Green Park
Here is a look at North St. Paul and Green Park.  This update took a decent amount of prep work and innane details like terrain height on the borders.  You'll see why...or hopefully you won't...until I tell you.

North St. Paul's town center viewed from an approach from the north.

North St. Paul

North St. Paul expanding into surrounding farmland.

South 32nd Street and West Hardee Avenue converging in North St. Paul.

St. Mark High School and Green Park

South end of the City of Martin

Most of the pictures from this update we taken from a massive mosaic I put together from three different city tiles.  The border between the St. Mark and North St. Paul tiles is absolutely perfect and seamless.  You should be able to see where the border is with the third tile though as I just put that together and missed the terrain height by a y=0.1 ... it really is that important.  Can you find the seam?  It isn't that line of houses.

You are here.

Hope you enjoyed this update.  It is SO much fun to stick all the pictures together from bordering city tiles to get and see what the city ACTUALLY looks like.  What do you think.  Would you be interested in a tutorial on how to do something like this? 

packersfan

Ugh, bad news.  My Brittany city tile has the prop pox bug.  And again failed to do regular back-ups.  So, I'll have to go back and redo a chunk of the city, hopefully not the WHOLE thing.  First, need to find the offending props or whatever.  Can you guys help me out and give me some tips on how to fix this issue?  It is very frustrating...hopefully, my other big tiles aren't affected.  I just opened the neighboring mostly complete Portland tiles and it looks fine.  So I need to nip this thing in the bud again.  3 years from the last time...sigh.

benedict

Terrible news about the prop pox.

Another great update, though. I am always impressed with the details on the maps and how perfectly they match the region.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

packersfan

The District of Wenzel will still continue, though, just in a new area of the District (like a state or province).

The Prop Pox struck DoW way back in May 2011...the cause was probably in the plugins from day 1, dooming ALL large tiles.  The problem manifested itself in the form of missing props in vast swaths of the Downtown West area in April - May 2011.  I restarted that tile after removing the problem file.  Of course, this new tile was never infected again since it was started with a clean plugin folder.  Somehow, though, a few other large tiles also escaped the Prop Pox fate (I'm not sure how, since they were played and saved with the infected file in the plugin folder), and a number of others like Hawthorne, St. Paul, and Brittany...and probably Jade, etc., etc. were all infected in 2010 or 2011 and Brittany just started displaying the symptoms of the disease.  I test Hawthorne and St. Paul and...yep...they are also ticking time bombs.

So, a new region made up of medium tiles (just to avoid any problems like this in the future...medium tiles are more manageable).  I'm about 2 hours away from having the whole region forested.  I'm still working out how to reveal the region...all at once like I did with Martin County...or slowly like we are discovering a new land and don't yet have flight.  This will also have an effect on my the way I reveal the street map.  Maybe I will make some rough old style maps for the early going and then when I reach more "modern" times, I reveal the google-style map.

I'm bummed to be leaving the amazing things that happened in Martin County, but I'm very excited to start in a new area with a fresh plugin folder...man, SC4 opens quickly when all that is in the plugins are a terrain mod, tree controller, NAM, and supporting textures and props!

Hopefully, I can get an update from the new area up on Tuesday or Wednesday.  No promises...and it might not be much more than some water and trees (maybe I can find the right MMPs!!! to paint a great opening picture!

vortext

It's great to hear you're not deterred and quick on your feet again with a new region!  &apls

I also like the idea of a old style map. Looking forward to the first pictures!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

carlfatal

Wonderful again!  &apls

Especially I love, how the old church sits on a place not matching with the modern street layout.  :satisfied:

epicblunder

bummer your old region is sunk, but starting a new one is always exciting!  are you using the same map or trying something new?  Can't wait to see what you come up with.   :popcorn:

vinlabsc3k

Oh no, it's a disaster!! :'(

But I'm heartened by the fact that you will continue with a new region!! &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

art128

It's great that you stay strong despite being struck by the prop pox bug. It happened on the most important tile of my region when I was working on Hiroshima and it really made me want to stop playing the game for some time. In the end I started a new region right after it. :P

Quote...or slowly like we are discovering a new land and don't yet have flight. Maybe I will make some rough old style maps for the early going and then when I reach more "modern" times, I reveal the google-style map.

I'm liking this idea quite a lot and would definitely like to see it!

+1 K-point for you for not letting the Prop pox put you down and wanting a fresh start.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog