• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments:

Tomas Neto: Awesome work!!! Amazing update!!!

Thanks a lot.  Once again I will be delaying my update, ugh.  I'm trying to update every Saturday now, but this week I was trying to getting into modding a few lots.  I want to take NoFunk's Milwaukee Apartments and make them ploppable as landmarks, commercial, or industrial.  I want the look, but obviously we can't plop residential, so I've been trying to figure that out with no luck, and even less luck running various SC4 Tools, ugh.  So the update will be a little behind, but should be up on Sunday.

RickD:
I'd really appreciate it. I think I know how you did it in theory. But in practice all my attempts to make something similar failed.

Yup, another project I really should get to.  If you tell me what you think I did I could probably give you some basic pointers and redirects.  I'll try to get that put together too in the upcoming weeks.

bat

packersfan

Update 33 - Marshall Peninsula Neighborhood
As promised here is a closer look at the neighborhood on Marshall Peninsula.

City spreads out into old farmland.

Workshops, a grocery store, and a gas station now sit at the intersection on North 40th Street and West Marshall Ave.

Duffy Park on the corner of West Marshall Avenue and North 48th Street.

Sawyer Avenue Elementary School at the corner of West Sawyer Avenue and North 42nd Street.

48th Street and Brittany River Highway Line 6 Purple WTAM Station

Overview of Marshall Peninsula

I'm trying to do some more lot editing, but haven't had much luck.  What I want to do in one case is take NoFunk's Milwaukee apartments and make them into either landmarks or commercial lots so I can plop the residential buildings without them abandoning.  Well as you can see the region is really filling out.  I'm actually getting to a point where I might add in some highways.  That will be fun, haha.  Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Tomas Neto

The first picture is fantastic, awesome!!! Great region!!! Another awesome update, with nice pics and a beautiful mosaic!!!   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow your map is just incredible  &apls  I feel like I'm looking at a real map of a smaller version of Milwaukee or Chicago. Also, very nice looking region view.

art128

Yet another superb update. The region view is, as always, very very impressive and inspiring!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Another great update! Also wonderful region overview!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

packersfan

I reinstall SC4 and Rush Hour, but now DAMN doesn't work anymore.  I'm trying to re-setup DAMN, but can't for the life of me find a simple walkthrough on setup anymore.  I remember having a step by step walkthrough when I first used it, but can't find it anywhere now!  Any help!?

Yan077

The region view is extraordinary realistic, congrats for this work  &apls

packersfan

Update 34 - South Martin - McHenry Park and Lafayette School
Today we travel to an interesting section of the District, the city of South Martin.  Originally just a town at the crossroads of D34, D230, and D140, South Martin has expanded and now encompasses the area south of Hohler Ave and north of the Penelope River.  A western boundary has yet to be determined and the city of Martin is racing to annex land so as not to be cut off from the Penelope River by South Martin and Hawthorne.

This update has pictures from the expanded area of South Martin, the next update will have a picture of the original town area.  The pictures here are from the area between Hawthorne Avenue, Fort Orangeport Drive, South 16th Street, and S 8th Street, with McHenry Boulevard slicing through.

The scene has certainly changed (along with the orientation of lots) since farmland reigned.  Here we see farmland just prior to development with WTAM Line 1 (Red) running along D34.

McHenry Park and Boulevard

South Martin Public Library and Lafayette Elementary School

That was a shorter update than usual, but I wanted to get it up and keep the area focused.  As you can maybe see, I'm having a little difficulty with the supports for the el-rail.  I updated NAM, RHW, and NWM before taking the pictures and the supports disappeared, though the NAM readme warned of this and that rebuilding the line should fix it, but even after rebuilding the line and reinstalling the El-Rail Facelift Mod many of the poles are still missing.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also finally created some custom lots of Milwaukee apartments which while appearing residential are really commercial, so I can plop them where I want and they won't dilapidate.

Oh, and how do you like the new masthead for the lead picture?  I made it a more transparent and added a second color, which I may change depending on the focus of an update or just random colors for fun.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Lior

Very nice update! Your suburbs are amazing!!

bat

nbvc

Dantes

That looks so American. Fantastic!  :) Great idea to build very much so unusual diagonal streets.

RickD

This area has changed a lot. Interesting to see this.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments:
RickD: This area has changed a lot. Interesting to see this.

My original plan for this region was to show a lot of before and after shots.

Dantes:
That looks so American. Fantastic!   Great idea to build very much so unusual diagonal streets.

Yeah, the diagonal area is supposed to represent the other axis grids we see in some American cities (Houston, etc)

nbvc:
Great work. I like region overview.

Region overviews are the best, haha

bat:
Nice park and image of the school....

Thanks, schools and parks are a must for realism.

Lior:
Very nice update! Your suburbs are amazing!!

Thank you.  I wouldn't classify these as suburbs yet as they are still mostly part of the central city, but I get your meaning.

Yan077:
The region view is extraordinary realistic, congrats for this work

Thank you very much.  Glad the region view is looking realistic :D

art128:
Yet another superb update. The region view is, as always, very very impressive and inspiring!

Glad to be an inspiration.

noahclem:
Wow your map is just incredible    I feel like I'm looking at a real map of a smaller version of Milwaukee or Chicago. Also, very nice looking region view.

Yeah, the map is my baby and should have a feel of Milwaukee and Chicago.  Glad to see it is appreciated!

Tomas Neto:
The first picture is fantastic, awesome!!! Great region!!! Another awesome update, with nice pics and a beautiful mosaic!!!

Thank you thank you!

I'm plugging away at my city. I regret a little that the city doesn't have a historical development (I mean no fast food, etc) but I'm going to try to continue to develop it as closely as I can to a little bit of a historical slant. So soon freeways may plow through the city. I'm actually getting ideas where to place the freeways and had how much the city would change in look and feel, but that is still a number of updates away.

Ol.S / Benoit

Just saw your region shot, amazing !
Well last update is also really nice, I love the way you develop it, good work ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Houston_Fan

I just love how this CJ is in an American style, but for a city of its size, lacks any freeways whatsoever.  Perhaps "Vancouverism" lies in the future for the District of Wenzel?

jmyers2043

hi Packersfan

Wow, great aerial shot. It is very inspiring.

Quote from: packersfan on September 11, 2011, 04:16:53 PM

Thank you for sharing.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

packersfan

Update 35 - South Martin - Martin Hohler R.R. and Haydn Avenue
Here is some more of South Martin.  I didn't really do much more developing of the Martin Metro area, but I've been playing around a little bit with RHW and building up some other small towns a few miles out.  I've also been doing a lot of looking at old maps of developing Milwaukee and noting the road system before freeways, all in anticipation of introducing expressways in some capacity to the region!  So for now, more views of South Martin right along its border with Martin at Hohler Avenue and the Martin - Hohler Railroad.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

I'm really trying to get a better idea how to incorporate railroads more realistically into my city in a historical manner with old style factories like Milwaukee and Chicago.  Looking back at the way Milwaukee was back before expressways is amazing, since I've only known the city in relation to the expressways and not as a single unit with railroads and rivers the only things crossing the grid street system.  I hope to be able to capture more of that as I go forward in my city building.

Thanks for visiting!